Knitted Glasses

(11 Posts)
LocalEditorWolverhampton Mon 03-Feb-14 18:36:39

I'm making a Tenth Doctor doll based on Alan Dart's pirate. I want to make him two pairs of glasses (a normal pair and a 3D pair of course). I'm not sure what to do with it, anyone got any suggestions?

Anyone interested in seeing how he's coming along?

hells456 Tue 04-Feb-14 13:09:17

I would wrap wool tightly around a pipe cleaner (like AD's little devil trident) and then bend that into shape for the glasses. Or poke a pipe cleaner through a long thin bit of icord.

I want to see!

LocalEditorWolverhampton Tue 04-Feb-14 14:27:07

Someone else mentioned I-cord with something in the middle, so thinking this may be the way forward.

I'm going to make the second leg today then his blue jacket, I'm trying to decide if I need to make him up before I can make the overcoat. Just don't tell MNHQ this is what I'm doing with my day wink

poopooheadwillyfatface Tue 04-Feb-14 14:28:07

jewellery wire inside I cord?

LocalEditorWolverhampton Wed 12-Feb-14 14:22:47

I thought I'd show you how far I've got. If anyone is on Raveley I'm doing instructions for the changes.

LocalEditorWolverhampton Wed 12-Feb-14 20:16:26

I love this!

poopooheadwillyfatface Wed 12-Feb-14 20:27:34

Is that the sonic screwdriver??

LocalEditorWolverhampton Wed 12-Feb-14 20:49:44

It is! It looks much better in the flesh, especially against the hand. I just knitted until it was right so pleased with how it came out.

LocalEditorWolverhampton Tue 18-Feb-14 01:13:37

the base of my left thumb is killing!

LocalEditorWolverhampton Wed 19-Feb-14 13:29:25

Nearly there! The coat took about 4 days of solid knitting and still needs sleeves. Got one arm to do and the pretty much all finishing, and of course the glasses.

Anyone got any suggestions for anything else I need to do?

Btw, next project is Jack, he's being donated to charity and I'll do a thread on him too. Advance suggestions would be great. Trousers that pull down? Does he need to be anatomically correct? Well.... It is Jack!

LocalEditorWolverhampton Wed 19-Feb-14 13:31:09

Helps if I attach the picture. Excuse the bin, I'm so used to it being therei forgot to move it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now