Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

my first ever crocheted project

(10 Posts)
Snog Tue 21-May-13 19:10:59

Awesome
Love your username too, i so loved that book as a child

Thankyou for all your lovely comments smile DD is almost eleven, we are renovating and are just about to re-decorate her room....she has chosen a lovely wall paper from B&Q which is white with brightly coloured glittery butterflies so I wanted to make her something to last and not too young, and would also co-ordinate with the colours - I used Mermaid 'Carnival' and picked out the colours for the centres of the squares. The tassles are white and the carnival.
DD absolutely loves it, DD1 has asked for duck egg blue and olive hexagons with cherry blossom centres, and DS a sea blue waves with appliqued pirate ship and sea creatures, so I'll be busy for a few months!!

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 20-May-13 19:44:15

beautiful!

Snog Mon 20-May-13 19:26:30

Wow! How old is your dd? Bet she loves it!

EccentricElastic Mon 20-May-13 19:13:04

I love this, it's so vibrant and colourful !smile

RenterNomad Mon 20-May-13 19:11:22

Wow!

juule Mon 20-May-13 19:03:17

It's gorgeous.

Thankyou!!

mrsdinklage Sun 19-May-13 22:44:22

Thats lovely smile

Hi everyone - I have just finished making this blanket for my daughter and am very proud of it so I thought I would show it off on here!! I taught myself to crochet granny squares, then once I got the hang of it I decided a single bed-sized blanket would be a good first project! Here it is, please tell me what you think smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now