We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Right stitch for taking up school trousers

(10 Posts)
Lexilicious Sun 09-Feb-14 21:01:00

Started a thread in good housekeeping. Realised I needed pictures. Please excuse my incompetence!!

ImSoHappyCauseToday Sun 09-Feb-14 21:02:54

Stapler ;)

AnyaKnowIt Sun 09-Feb-14 21:06:55

Can't really tell from picture could be the one by the button hole

Middle row 5th one in?

AnyaKnowIt Sun 09-Feb-14 21:07:33

Have you still got the manual?

LurkingCinners Sun 09-Feb-14 21:07:55

I use this webbed stuff. Fold over, iron, done. Getting the machine out for that would do my head in. Unless I had 10 pairs to take up.

Lexilicious Sun 09-Feb-14 21:16:30

Yep, only got the machine last summer, definitely still have manual! The link you put on the other thread is brilliant thanks. Pinning and ironing... Yikes, I don't usually take so much care!

AnyaKnowIt Sun 09-Feb-14 21:18:42

The manual will explain it, its usually called an invisible stitch or a blind hem stitch.

Good luck!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 10-Feb-14 11:14:32

For me I always hem by hand the machine finish I don't like. Probably by the time you have worked out the machine it will be quicker.

Look for blind hem stitch, its easier with a blind hem foot but you can do it with any foot that allows a zig zag stitch.

www.coletterie.com/tutorials-tips-tricks/tutorial-how-to-sew-a-blind-hem

is a good tutorial. I make my DD's uniform, and I use this one all the time.

And it's no 13 on your machine by the looks of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now