We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Easy skirt pattern for novice

(6 Posts)
orangepudding Wed 05-Jun-13 10:47:07

Not an A-line but a very easy skirt pattern, I made a few of these for my 9 and 11 year old. www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-circle-skirt.html

Mercedes Wed 05-Jun-13 10:43:05

Bumping for suggestions

LeFlaneur Tue 04-Jun-13 20:25:46

Hi, I honestly don't know if that pattern would work for an older girl. Maybe someone more experienced on here could advise? I've only been sewing for a little while and usually for DD who is only 2.

Mercedes Tue 04-Jun-13 15:27:06

Hi LeFlaneur

That is very pretty. I should have said my DD is 12 so I don't think/know if that pattern will work with older children. What do you think? She's 5ft 6 so I am not sure whether this will work well

LeFlaneur Tue 04-Jun-13 15:08:15

No pockets but still very pretty (and simple to make!):
oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html

Mercedes Tue 04-Jun-13 14:21:18

Hi

I am hoping to make a summer skirt for my dd. When I go into the sewing shop my head birls and I don't want to make a mistake. Can anyone point me in the direction of a easy pattern for an a line skirt possibly with external pockets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now