We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Dressmaking fabric - where to buy?

(11 Posts)
serin Wed 01-May-13 23:28:50

If you are ever in Manchester longsight market is just amazing.

They had a floral, sprigged cotton that I paid £9mtre for in John lewis for £1.

Worth the journey if you need lots.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 23:35:03

There is a good place near me called Fabric Rehab. They have a website here

Fabrics Galore are brilliant, https://en-gb.facebook.com/fabricsgalorelondon really worth a trip to London.

PigeonPie Sat 27-Apr-13 19:34:16

Mb you are quite close to me. I'm wondering on making a trip to Mason's in Abingdon as I've heard they have a good range; I can let you know what I think I hope later in the week.

Mummybookworm Wed 24-Apr-13 21:10:33

Oxfordshire/Northants

Anifrangapani Wed 24-Apr-13 21:09:03

Which part of the country are you in.

Mummybookworm Wed 24-Apr-13 21:07:32

Manners MB - sorry. Thank you both for your suggestions.

Mummybookworm Wed 24-Apr-13 21:06:50

Some plain cotton or linen I think. I just don't want to look like I am wearing fabric that would look better as a tablecloth if you catch my drift!

bigbuttons Wed 24-Apr-13 21:05:17

fabric land!!!!

amazingmumof6 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:02:39

John Lewis has a good selection -well used to at least, haven't been for years.no idea about price, but worth checking out.

I buy most of my fabrics on Ebay, so that would be the best starting point. some sellers can even send you swatches for free or a small fee.

GBSB is great, isn't it, I wish there were more programmes like that where you can actually learn things and get inspired - rather than stupid Kirstie Allsop patronizingly telling us how easy it is to make a cushion cover.....duh! <rolling eyes>]

what kind of fabric are you looking for?

Mummybookworm Wed 24-Apr-13 20:54:29

I am feeling inspired as per GBSB. Our local sewing shops have very poor fabric selections. Where can I get some decent fabric to make, say a skirt or a dress? <ambitious>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now