We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Would you be interested in a making a Friendship blanket?

(14 Posts)
Seabright Thu 25-Apr-13 13:00:13

Yes please, me too! I've friended (is that a word?) on Ravelry, but can you link to the group please?

HoggyTruffle Thu 25-Apr-13 09:46:56

I've joined the group and now need to work out how to use the forum before I mistakenly commit to doing a square for all members!

Will there be specific yarns we should use? I have some simple squares I've made when my main project is too complicated to do in front of the TV, but they're acrylic so no good for Wooly Hugs.

AngloSvensk Tue 16-Apr-13 09:08:42

Yes or just type in Skoggy. smile
I hope more join up. This could be a lovely little project. Giving mini hugs to each other.

Oh me, me, me, me!
I'll pop over to ravelry, find you through woolly hugs?

AngloSvensk Mon 15-Apr-13 23:03:35

Gotcha smile

Tweetinat Mon 15-Apr-13 22:05:54

Just realised you weren't in my friends list Anglo - but just added you so you can find me easier when the time comes smile

AngloSvensk Sun 14-Apr-13 19:56:28

Fantastic!
Just waiting for a couple of bits n bobs and then I'll make it offical. smile

Tweetinat Sun 14-Apr-13 16:34:26

I'd love to be involved in something like this. I think we're friends already on Ravelry so you can just add me to the group if you set one up grin

AngloSvensk Sat 13-Apr-13 09:47:51

Hi Pidj, its me, Skoggy, I changed my name. smile But thanks for linking the woolly hugs stuff although I don't think this would come under it, unless its allowed (allowed to use the Rav group smile )

How it would work RiaOverTheRainbow is that people would decide on a colour scheme for their blanket e.g. I would pick greens and natural colours. You might like, I dunno, bright colours. So I would see your name on the list, which would be on Rav (or something) and make you a 6" square (or squares) in bright colours and then PM you for your address. I wouldn't keep anyones addresses.

PurplePidjin Sat 13-Apr-13 04:27:18
PurplePidjin Sat 13-Apr-13 04:25:53

Www.woollyhugs.com

Www.facebook.com/mnwoollyhugs

I'm not sure what the # tag is

Fantastic idea wink

I like the idea, but how would it work? Does everyone knit a blanket's worth of squares and swap?

AngloSvensk Fri 12-Apr-13 21:55:38

Calling knitters and crocheters!

Would you be interested in giving and receiving 6" squares in order to create a Friendship blanket made by fellow MNetters?

I thought of asking this due to all the horrible stuff that has been said about MN recently and spurred on by the thread about the good things on MN. MN IS a brilliant site full of lovely and caring ladies and I for one would love to share this with you.

Anyone interested? If so, I'll make a group on Ravelry with a page to put peoples colour preferences, you can then PM on here or Rav for someones address to send them.

I hope people like this idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now