Team Hooker, where can I learn to crochet please?

(10 Posts)
TheThickPlottens Sun 10-Mar-13 11:57:34

this video taught me recently. It's a British lady.

JollyYellowGiant Sat 09-Mar-13 20:43:35

Crochet Unravelled is a good book. I found it very helpful.

gloucestergirl Sat 09-Mar-13 18:36:38

I used "How to crochet for Dummies" on the internet

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/crafts-hobbies/Crocheting.html

Thank you for the offer Kelle, I lived in Bath a while ago but am not there any more sad Though you've reminded me to put myself on there for knitting as I can help somebody learn that smile

KelleStar Sat 09-Mar-13 18:09:21

Well if you are Bath/Bristol\Somerset based send me a PM, am happy to get you started and give some advice. I've listed myself on the MN local pages under skill swaps.

Thank you smile

Cezzy: There are a few classes around me, I'll look into it.

I'll check out Learn2Knit and Planet Purl smile

Seabright Sat 09-Mar-13 10:11:40

I used the Planet Purl videos on YouTube. They finally made it click for me. But, bear in mind they use US terms, not UK terms.

I learnt using this website Learn2Knit. I find diagrams a lot easier to follow than videos.

Cezzy Sun 03-Mar-13 22:42:01

I found a local wool shop that does day courses and it was brilliant, £35 for tuition in a small group, all having fun, lunch and materials. At the end we could all do the main stitches and turn. I did a second day doing granny squares and from that most things are now possible. I have a Rowan book of how to crochet too which is okay but I found you can't. Beat facing someone show you as some things I just couldn't get from the book. Do you know someone local who would teach you? God luck, I'm now hooked (pun intended).

I'm trying to learn to crochet, youtube has not been my friend! There was a thread here a few weeks back with some good links and I can't find it now, one with links to Aussie or British tutorials which were quite to the point.

I can't knit very fast and would like to produce a few blankets at some point so crochet seems my only option!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now