We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

printmaking question: would this work?

(6 Posts)

notadragon that's cool, I'd love one of those.

I bought a pasta maker from a house clearance warehouse recently. I bought it for Fimo but I'd never thought of making prints with it.

I also have one of these but I've only ever used it to press flowers! Like cracking a nut with a steam roller grin

unfortunately not although should i see one in a charity shop i may buy it on that recomendation!.

FlamesOnTheSideOfMyFace Mon 04-Feb-13 17:20:17

If you have a pasta maker that's sitting gathering dust in the cupboard - they make excellent small printers (roll the print and paper through - you might need to adjust the width) and you can get great effects from them.

huzzah! have just found a metal block ink printing press for a mere £26. ooh i'm getting a bit excited. grin

I do a little bit of lino printing and I would like a press as I find it difficult to get an even pressure when pulling prints by hand. I have seen this press on ebay, do you reckon it could work? I can't really afford anything larger or more expensive at the moment (much as I would love to!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now