We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

printmaking question: would this work?

(6 Posts)

I do a little bit of lino printing and I would like a press as I find it difficult to get an even pressure when pulling prints by hand. I have seen this press on ebay, do you reckon it could work? I can't really afford anything larger or more expensive at the moment (much as I would love to!)

huzzah! have just found a metal block ink printing press for a mere £26. ooh i'm getting a bit excited. grin

FlamesOnTheSideOfMyFace Mon 04-Feb-13 17:20:17

If you have a pasta maker that's sitting gathering dust in the cupboard - they make excellent small printers (roll the print and paper through - you might need to adjust the width) and you can get great effects from them.

unfortunately not although should i see one in a charity shop i may buy it on that recomendation!.

I bought a pasta maker from a house clearance warehouse recently. I bought it for Fimo but I'd never thought of making prints with it.

I also have one of these but I've only ever used it to press flowers! Like cracking a nut with a steam roller grin

notadragon that's cool, I'd love one of those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now