We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Crochet help!

(59 Posts)
nevermindthecrocodiles Wed 30-Jan-13 10:39:00

I am being very, very stupid - please can someone recommend a website that will teach the very slow and dimwitted me to crochet step by step? I am finding it ridiculously hard and lack of crocheting ability is nearly making me weep! <loser>

TheWombat Sun 03-Feb-13 09:48:25

StopEatingThatMud I think we must be talking about the same YouTube lady! I love Attic24 too..

nevermindthecrocodiles Sun 03-Feb-13 10:04:29

Oh god, after all that I just CAN'T DO IT <weeps> I must have a wonky anti-crochet widget in my brain! The happy hooker is confusing me quite a lot. Is there a "Crochet for Dummies" type thing? I can't find any local stitch n bitch clubs either (I'm Wiltshire area) please help me MNers, I don't want to be a crochet failure! blush

AbsintheMinded Sun 03-Feb-13 11:14:19

Did you try any video tutorials?

I find I learn by watching. Reading instructions is hard for me but if I see it, then it all clicks. Hmm, maybe I'm more like a monkey. But hey, it works!

nevermind have you tried ravelry? You may find a local group there smile

I just can't get it either but I have worked out why, I'm struggling with tension on my left hand. I can't work out how to hold the yarn but I think that once I've got that down I should be okay! And that might help me with continental knitting too! smile

nevermind - whereabouts in wiltshire? I'm there too. There's a craft shop nearish me (Trowbridge) which does classes. I can't get to them though as my 1 year old would cause havoc!

JollyRedGiant Sun 03-Feb-13 12:42:11

I wind the yarn round my pinky smile

JollyRedGiant Sun 03-Feb-13 12:54:25

http://m.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_181134&src_vid=hVBnFHGbeK4&feature=iv&v=79zZJjXRfSM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fannotation_id%3Dannotation_181134%26feature%3Div%26src_vid%3DhVBnFHGbeK4%26v%3D79zZJjXRfSM&gl=GB

That describes the hold. Let me know if the link doesn't work

JollyRedGiant Sun 03-Feb-13 12:54:40
nevermindthecrocodiles Sun 03-Feb-13 14:32:29

MimsyBorogroves I'm inbetween Malmesbury & Chippenham. There's a really good sewing shop in malms but they don't seem to offer any classes. I'll get on ravelry and see what I can find. Going to have a cuppa and breathe and try again - thank you so much everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now