PND support thread?

(31 Posts)

Can we have one or is there one?

Ds3 is 5 months, I've been fine for about a week but yesterday today it's floored me again. I really hate this shit of a disease that's plagues me since he was born.

It's merrily destroying my relationship with DP who is so desperate to do something to make me happy but there is nothing.

Can we have a thread dedicated to supporting each other through this, bad days and good.

Today I'm not sure wether to shut myself in on the sofa and cry or to purposely drag myself around to do stuff.

I loath this feeling of sadness that is engulfing me, what on earth do I have to be miserable about? I have a partner who works his arse off to provide for us and make us happy, 3 lovely children and a home, enough money to not worry about the state of the country and yet I'm sitting in my car sobbing outside my house. sad

MsAkimbo Fri 05-Apr-13 13:54:42

Sorry to hear kalidasa flowers But glad you've had good support from your gp and others. Is this your first baby?

My gp is hardly ever in his office it seems. I have myself on a waitlist for counselling and I have my first appointment on Wed.

The weather is awful. Found out today DD has an ear infection so I'm a bit hesitant to go out at all.

kalidasa Sat 06-Apr-13 13:46:57

Hello MsAkimbo. Yes, it's my first baby (and possibly my last - not sure if I could face another pregnancy like that again, and all my probs are very likely to recur or even be worse a second time).

I am really lucky with my GP I think. She saw me once a week for about a month while I was waiting for the referrals to come though. Really good care all round.

How are you both feeling this weekend?

MsAkimbo Sat 06-Apr-13 14:18:10

I know what you mean about not wanting to have another. My pregnancy was hard too, though not as bad as yours it sounds! That must have been exhausting.

I'm doing okay today. DD has been on antibiotics so she hasn't been sleeping well (as if that were anything new), but she's been so happy despite it all. She's such a lovely baby and I honestly wonder how she's mine sometimes.

MsAkimbo Sun 21-Apr-13 10:36:51

Hello all,

Just checking in to see how you both are doing. I just started my counselling and I am thinking things will turn around soon (I hope).

Hope all is well!

I'm reviving this thread again tonight. I'm feeling so, so low.

My DP is here, we were talking but he's fallen asleep hmm

I'm not doing so well at all this past few days, DP has worked so much and I'm beginning to resent it to a point I'm struggling to keep my mouth shut about it.

DS is into everything and I can't leave him without him crying, if I'm in the room I'm constantly pulling him back from stuff he isn't supposed to touch.

My anxiety levels are through the roof and I've been a really horrible shouty mum to DS1&2.

I have a family around me and yet I've never felt lonelier.

I love them but I hate looking after them ATM, that's awful I know but I just feel suffocated. sad

HenD19 Sun 08-Sep-13 02:18:09

Hi Tits and hope you're feeling more positive since your last post? I happened to come across this thread as I have been feeling so down in recent weeks.

I have 3DC, nearly 6, 2 1/2 and 4mnths. Reading your posts sound so similar to how I've been feeling. Have you been to the doctors? I haven't as I think that all they'll do is want me to take antidepressants and I don't want that. I'm usually such a positive person so this is eating me up....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now