Pre & Post Natal Depression Support

(6 Posts)
Kasey12 Tue 12-Mar-13 20:26:24

I'm about to give birth any day now, and as my other posts state, I'm terrified. I'm so unhappy and my worry is how my feelings will affect the baby.

I just can't help how I feel though. I just sit about crying. Fear of giving birth, sleepless nights, everything really. The unknown.

It's great there are supportive websites out there to help xx

Puddlelane Mon 11-Mar-13 21:04:29

I've just had a quick look and trying not to freak out.
Maybe I'm not quite ready for that sad

Puddlelane Mon 11-Mar-13 20:58:09

I really needed to see this post. Thank you.

somewherebecomingrain Wed 06-Mar-13 08:09:33

I reckon I have antenatal depression. My biggest worry (after shouting at my son) during my pregnancy is i have let standards slip in my freelance work - some has come out good, some not so good. I have said 'au revoir' to my clients as i'm due in about 5 weeks. I am thinking 'i hope they guess I've got antenatal depression' as it actually contains the problem - it's better, not worse to have the label.

but they probably haven't. don't have the guts to tell them.

but just seeing this helps. i've got antenatal depression. it's a thing. and after the baby i won't have it, or at least i'll be able to treat it.

cupcake78 Sat 02-Mar-13 08:31:53

Brilliant! Thank you. There is nothing to be ashamed or hide away from if you have depression or anxiety at any time in your life but the pressures of pregnancy and the idea it is the happiest time of your life are inaccurate.

Lovely to see people beginning to talk more openly about mental health gringringrin

laurax1 Fri 01-Mar-13 13:57:09

Theres a new foundation which was set up in Aug 2011, with an aim to help those with pre or post natal depression. The helpline is fantastic - I'm a volunteer on the helpline as well.

If you need advice about anything, just want a friendly chat, feeling really down, even suicidal, or would like to know where you can go to recieve more support, then call PANDAS.

The website is www.pandasfoundation.org.uk/index.html

Pandas volunteers are very friendly, and have had pre/post natal depression themselves, but can give good, honest advice having 'been there and done that' Hope to hear from you soon! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now