Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2014? 2nd trimester & 20 week scans

(16 Posts)

Thought I'd start a thread for those due in October! In need of something to keep me occupied until my 20 week anomaly scan and have no pregnant friends!!

So, how is everyone? Is anyone due their scan very soon!? Mines the 11th of June! I'm anxious to know whether all is well. I did have private gender scan but not too much could be said for the well being of the baby apart from I'm measuring bang on and so far so good! :-)

I'm feeling much better this trimester! The tiredness is gone but I'm definitely a bit more teary over silly things! How about you?

daheedsgirl Mon 12-May-14 18:38:48

My scan is the 9th June which is my husbands birthday so fingers crossed all is well. My friends have all had kids a few years ago and I feel like they think I'm being neurotic asking obvious questions!. Due on 26th October and this is first baby after ttc for over a year :-)
Looking forward to midwife this week as hoping to hear heartbeat. I've felt normal since about 8 weeks and this seems to make me anxious rather than reassure me. The only thing I am struggling with is severe back pain. Sometimes I feel like I can't put weight on my legs ( I trapped my sciatic nerve in October last year). :-)

Have you felt any movement yet?

hartmel Mon 12-May-14 18:44:01

My scan is June 9.. Since week 9 I have no symptoms..
I'm shocked everytime I see myself in the mirror or someone takes a photo of me. As I don't feel pregnant at all and when I see that growing bump I jump grin

This baby #2 for me..

Do you have a gut what you are expecting.. With my first I knew right away from the beginning it will be a boy and my bump went straight forward. With this I think it is a girl and everyone is saying that. And my bump is more filling in the sides. (I know that it is a old midmife tale to tell if you are expecting a girl or boy)

I'm counting the weeks already till the scan..

meditrina Mon 12-May-14 18:44:34

The due in October 2014 chat thread is here

It's not immediately obvious they're in a separate topic, but if you have a look at how busy it is in there, you'll see what it needs to be like that.

hartmel Mon 12-May-14 18:45:23

Daheedsgirl- wow we have the same due date and the same day for scan

daheedsgirl Mon 12-May-14 18:52:11

Hartmel- my Hubbie is so excited as it's his birthday too. Are you going to find out what you are having? :-)

hartmel Mon 12-May-14 19:33:08

Yes we will..

That will be a special day for him than...

Are you feeling movements already? I only feel them once in a while.. I would maybe feel more often but when you have an active 8 month to care for, you don't notice everything as you do with the first. smile

daheedsgirl Mon 12-May-14 19:38:13

I don't think I can feel anything just yet. The last two days I've thought I've felt something different but not really sure
:-)

ToffeeJungle Mon 12-May-14 19:41:04

DC#2 is due on 8th Oct and we have the 20 weeks scan next Friday, whoop!
Saw the midwife last week and got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was lovely and very reassuring.
I've been suffering for ages now with morning sickness, a chest infection & horrendous cough but feel much better today so hopefully be back on track soon!
And all is well with the bub which is the main thing! smile

Hi hartmel this I so dc2 and my bumps huge too! It's an odd feeling as they are still so very tiny!

Great that you and dheeds share the same dates!!! I'm due 25th October! I often suffer back pain to the point I could cry I'm yet to see the midwife about it but have found hot water bottles and a support pillow work well. Sometimes swimming eases it too.

toffee that's so exciting! Bet you're relived to be able to say 'next week' grin sorry to hear you've been suffering but glad to see you're on the mend!

I'm having a boy and I was amazed to see the detail at just 16+2 the willy was extremely obvious!!!! I'm going to the baby show this weekend and looking forward to buying my first few bits proud to have held back until now!

Wooooooops did not see another October thread thanks for directing

hartmel Mon 12-May-14 20:51:56

The only thing I have bought so far for this baby is a Swaddle me (second hand) and a Medela electric breast pump. (Treat for me this time as I have a manual one and just don't like it) and after the scan we are buying a double stroller. If it is a girl than I will buy everything second hand as my son grew out of his so quickly it was not worse spending that much money.

Oh and I had to buy a complete new maternity wardrobe as I lost after birth 30 pounds. Went from a size 16 to size 9/10 within two weeks..

tiger66 Mon 12-May-14 21:54:46

I'm 19 weeks and got my scan next wed. Feeling huge with bump #3. No idea what sex and really don't mind. I am keen to find out that the baby is healthy and growing as it should be. Due on 6th October

Lennox24 Tue 13-May-14 18:19:32

Hi,
I'm due 28th October. No bump to speak of yet, waist has disappeared though, waiting for it to show. First day of wearing my baby on board badge. Forced into it, was reluctant, but couldn't face the journey in work stood up any longer.I was feeling faint and sicky! Hopefully the badge will work!
Nice to be connected with you all.
My scan is 19th June a little later than 20 weeks.
Is everyone going to find out the gender?

Fissawissa Tue 13-May-14 18:44:57

Hi, I'm due oct 13th, baby #2 for us! I have 20 week scan on May 29th - I'm so excited for it & just hope all is well. We are going to find out boy or girl smile

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-May-14 22:27:44

We're going to move this thread to Antenatal Clubs shortly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now