Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2014, Thread #3

(1000 Posts)
SassehMonsta Sat 10-May-14 07:22:28

Just starting a new thread so we have somewhere to go once thread 2 is full (I give it less than a day!!)

Welcome to the never-ending first trimester, and maybe some of us into the second trimester this thread?

Treaclepie19 Sat 10-May-14 07:31:17

Hi smile marking my place.

Whatsonemore Sat 10-May-14 07:33:06

Oooh a shiny new thread! I'm suffering from first trimester exhaustion despite being on holiday so am dreading how tired I'll be once I'm home with the kids again! Feels like time is dragging this trimester although I'm trying to enjoy it as for me it's the most peaceful before the problems begin smile

How's everyone doing back at home? How's the weather?

7+4

Pepsiaddict Sat 10-May-14 07:46:23

Weather is rubbish so hoping that the horses and riders get round Badminton X-C ok today. Fed up with the constant nausea and food aversions. Am off chocolate - disaster! 7 weeks today :-)

Minion Sat 10-May-14 07:50:18

Morning!
Well, I'm resigned to never wearing jeans again. Went out last night and after the starter couldn't even do the things up afterwards.
They were so low I looked like those kids who wear theirs down their ankles... At least i may have looked cool, ish.

mopsytop Sat 10-May-14 08:12:49

Hi all. Hope all well. Finding it really hard to keep up with this thread as it moves so fast! Will perhaps just lurk for a while...

SassehMonsta Sat 10-May-14 08:19:15

Haha minion! Pepsi, I went right of sweet foods for weeks but have just rediscovered the taste of chocolate this week. Thank goodness!!

Weather is rain forecast all day, so my plans involve going to see my mum and convincing her to make cake. Then maybe out shopping for a bit in MK as its all undercover, while a sibling goes to his parkour (freerunning) class (pretty much an intense circuit class!). Dh has an online D&D game planned and his brother might be coming over for a few hours, so leaving them both at home to be geeky. Contemplated dog walk and training but the dog won't go outside in the rain, wuss!!

Hoping today will be more positive food-wise, ate when i woke up at 6 and snacked again at 8. Can't wait to be back to eating, I've not done a proper food shop for almost 2 weeks. Dh living off couscous and instant noodles, and cheapy pasta most nights. Not even sure we have bread or fresh veg in the house at the moment!

Bring on second trimester! 8+5

SassehMonsta Sat 10-May-14 08:24:08

Also, had anyone noticed their lower abdomen getting firmer? I've got a definite area that's not as soft as it once was, just above my knicker line, and more to one side than the other. It's not showing, but when I gently massage my stomach, I can feel it! Think it's womb! Quite exciting.

I've lost 5lbs since i found out I'm pregnant. Most I've ever lost in one go!

Minion Sat 10-May-14 08:35:49

sasseh yep! we noticed mine last week! absolutely crazy. Husband keeps checking it's still there. The interweb says it can't be the womb yet, but displaced bowels etc, but I'm convinced it is. It's supposed to be the size of an orange at our stage, and this matches!

Whatsonemore Sat 10-May-14 08:37:36

God rain sounds delightful! I usually love hot weather but have discovered first trimester, weak stomach and 31 degree heat is a bit much for me at mo. Winge over.

I am craving chocolate so bad but I hate melted choc and so far the bits I've seen here are sticky and soft [bleugh] so instead have been having dessert every evening blush - summer pudding and vanilla ice cream! Keep trying to convince myself it's all baby bloat but I wouldn't be surprised if actually it's just extra flab from all the food

CallingAllEngels Sat 10-May-14 08:44:02

Marking my place.

feeling shit!

6+6 wish time would hurry up!

Wow thread three already.

Had a great sleep last night and dont feel very sick or anything. Scan is in two weeks and I cant wait because of course I am now worried about not feeling sick. About to go into town and purchade some bras because my already enormous boobs weigh a ton. I put on 7lbs in first 8 weeks but seem to have lost 5 in the last two.

Does anyone else need to move house to make room for another person? I also am still trying to pass my driving test (failed 5times, nerves). Thinking of switching to Auto.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 10-May-14 09:25:58

Hello gang!

Rejjie Sat 10-May-14 09:28:28

Hi ziggystarducks so sorry to hear about the twin on your scan You must be full of mixed emotions. My SIL went through the same thing but please console yourself with the fact that she now has the most robust, beautiful 1-year-old little girl. I think this is actually pretty common and I've read that a lot of us start of as a twin. This is something that we probably wouldn't have been aware of in the past but with medical advances we can know so much so early now. I hope that you and your DP are coming to terms with it and really looking forward to the arrival of your little bundle of joy. Take care.

Gosh this thread moves fast!

7+6 and feeling on and off. Some days I can almost forget I'm pg, others (like yesterday) it's all I can do just to keep my insides inside!

Been feeling sorry for myself lately, but I'm sure it's mostly hormones. Just feel like everything is getting on top of me - work, housework, college work. I just want to sleep or slob, and I need to be productive! Meh.

Will try and keep up with you, but at the rate we move I'll probably see you on thread #4!

Rejjie Sat 10-May-14 09:36:27

Hi BigHairy and good luck with your driving test. I didn't take mine till I was 35 and had to do it 3 times. I don't usually get nervous about much but that was something else.

We moved into a two-bedroom house last year but have already had many, many discussions about where everything is going to go. Still need so much to organise our space but are really trying to watch money. The (future) baby's bedroom is as big as ours so it is just going to have to share its space for a while. We know that this will become more of an issue as it grows up though but I can't even think about moving again!

Somersetgirl1990 Sat 10-May-14 09:37:29

Hi everyone grin I've been feeling slightly better the last few days, haven't been sick at all (Yay) and only retched a few times at really strong smells like cat food
Very envious of the people losing weight! I haven't weighed myself but I feel like a whale and when I did weigh myself about 2 weeks ago if out on about 6 lbs! Not even sure how it's possible to put on so much as I'm hardly eating. I suppose when I do eat I just eat crap but still. I an normally eat a fair amount of junk and only put on a little bit of weight hmm

CatFaceCrayola Sat 10-May-14 09:40:42

New thread. .woop

anyone got any experience of nipple piercings during pregnancy/breastfeeding????

ots Sat 10-May-14 10:01:36

Morning all :-) just checking in to the new thread. Exciting, the second thread was only just starting when I got my BFP.
Happy Saturday everyone (shame its wet and miserable)

6+5

KateJ28 Sat 10-May-14 10:16:28

Oooh new thread! - hello everyone smile Wonder how many we'll have by December!

Sunny here in London today, but not sure it'll last! Going to try and do my new pregnancy Pilates DVD this morning, but need to drag myself out of bed first....!!

6+6

CallingAllEngels Sat 10-May-14 10:41:02

My nausea cure today - homemade chocolate cornflake cakes grin

oohdaddypig Sat 10-May-14 10:45:50

Marking place, in a vomiting manner.

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Sat 10-May-14 11:11:05

Marking!

Cat, no experience but based on previous pg Id take it out (if you want too) as milk leakage gets crusty quickly! It's like boob dandruff when I take my bra off now <damn sexy> I it can't get an answer off mn, try one of the slightly more hippy Facebook parenting sites (rucking marvellous parenting is a good one, it's attached parenting/sling obsessed but there has been lots of tattoo talk recently)!

espa Sat 10-May-14 11:50:47

Morning all. 7 + 3 today and no sitting next tip the toilet before being able to face breakfast! Docs antiemetics obviously working, yay. Still tied and mildly nauseous though. Have just been through holiday clothes in prep for Tuesday and pleased most still fit. Shorts generally don't but dresses etc mostly okay. So will still need a trip to the shops tomorrow to sort myself out.

My weight hasn't changed at all yet but I am bloated at the moment.

Afternoon smile Plans today to get my college work done so far failed entirely as I couldn't move out of bed this morning and now nauseous. Date has just come through for my 12 week scan though <starts countdown to 23 June>. I do have a scan this coming Wednesday at the EDPU due to previous losses, kind of hoping there's something in there.

6 + 3

This thread is not accepting new messages.