Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Babies due in May 2014 - Definitelies enroute to the Drop Zone....

(992 Posts)
ClearlyMoo Fri 28-Mar-14 17:19:31

WELCOME! cake This thread is for ladies expecting Maybies babies in (and around) May 2014! Please come and join us.

Everyone welcome, especially if you're new to MN and are just peeking in. Pull up a pew with a (non alcoholic) wine or (decaf) brew.

Our group Stats Page is here and for fruit & veg comparisons check out The Bump

If you're new please introduce yourself and join us as we head towards the "Drop Zone" 37-42 weeks! This has been likened to the classic Top Gun DANGER ZONE

Headin' into twilight
Spreadin' out her wings tonight
She got you jumpin' off the track
And shovin' into overdrive

Highway to the Danger Drop Zone
I'll take you
Right into the Danger Drop Zone

Happy Chatting Maybies

Bornin1984 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:29:03

Non shameful place mark ;-)

psynl Fri 28-Mar-14 17:33:20

Ooo shiny new thread!

Bornin I've got the same CS date as you!

I'm struggling with this though - my DP has been doing a year long training course and he got his exam schedule this week. His first exam is the same date as my CS and he has other exams everyday that week. He supposed to do the exams as a resident I.e staying at the training college for the 4 days.
This obviously leaves me alone and with no childcare.
Does anyone know my chances of persuading the consultant to do CS at 38 weeks rather than 39 when it's a social rather than medical need?
This is stressing me out - I don't want to have a section on my own!

Bornin1984 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:39:00

You could explain to consultant? My dh has to take unpaid leave for ours and go back to work next day :/)

Xavielli Fri 28-Mar-14 17:54:35

Marking place

hobbjobb Fri 28-Mar-14 18:07:41

Hi!

Jellymum1 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:13:36

yey place marking smile PSYNL im sorry I think they wont agree to 38 weeks. they will do 40 weeks? I know it means an extra week waiting though. I asked for 38 weeks too because my spd is soooooo horrific im practically immobile but they wont budge.

how is everyone? I have turned into a very hormonal wreck I cry at everything! im really unorganised I have horrendous spd and constant heartburn. ive turned into the most miserable sod and I need a kick up the bum...however please dont say "not long now" lol.

psynl Fri 28-Mar-14 18:27:13

Bornin - that's rubbish but hopefully you can get home quickly.

Jellymum - sorry your not having a good time of it. I'm not sure if they will be happy to postpone to 40 weeks due to gestational diabetes.

Even if I have to have the section on my own, I can't see a way round the childcare issue. I don't have anyone I could leave my DS with for potentially 4 days!
The date has just fallen at the worst time with exams and easter holidays. I know I wouldn't be able to control it if I wasn't having a section but I just can't see solutions at the minute.

loopylou52 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:47:45

Oh know psynl, what a nightmare! I can't think of anything useful to suggest - I presume he can't postpone his exams?

brew to everyone having a rough day. Hope isean and her LO are doing ok.

Forgive me for being very me, me, me for just a minute but... I just finished work for mat leave!! grin All actually feeling v surreal at the moment so I don't think I'll fully appreciate it until Sunday evening. In other news, I'm a bit concerned baby may be breach but seeing mw next week so trying not to worry until then. I know even if it is there's still plenty of time for them to turn.

Hope everyone had a nice Friday evening. Mine will consist of collapsing on the sofa when I get home and not moving till bedtime.

NannyPlumForPM Fri 28-Mar-14 19:04:07

Marking my place smile

MasterFlea Fri 28-Mar-14 19:08:55

I'm very weepy this week too Jelly. Not like me at all.

Loopy how far along are you? My mw said the last time I was in, that she would not to worry about the position until week 36. The spinning babies link that Squiff linked in the previous thread is good.
Is there anyone who would do the organising for you? SPD makes me miserable too. So fucking sore.

Choppa Fri 28-Mar-14 19:22:15

Yay..new thread! Thanks Clearly.

Loopy...I also have a breech bubs and another scan booked at 36 weeks to see if he has shifted. There is still plenty of time so fingers crossed.

Squiffy....thanks for the Spinning Babies link. I have had a quick look but will have a proper read tonight. All seems very simple on paper but lying upside down on an ironing board doesn't look very likely confused! I can't even get vaguely comfy on a sofa with cushionssmile Ug

In other news my OH has just cut my sons hair and OMG...never again. Thank god it will have grown back before baby is born for photos...hopefully.

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Fri 28-Mar-14 19:22:54

Just place marking.

loopylou52 Fri 28-Mar-14 19:28:41

I'm 33+5 so a decent amount of time left. I looked at spinning babies once before and I seem to remember it's best not to do some of the inversions (?) if they're not breach (presumably in case you end up encouraging them to turn breach) so I won't worry until I've seen the mw and then can do the things after then if necessary. Fingers crossed these babies will sort themselves out in time!

Jellymum1 Fri 28-Mar-14 19:42:05

my baby is still transverse! its bloody painful! awkward little madame she needs to shift before she gets stuck so ive been given some excersizes to move her.

loopy I finish work on Wednesday and I cannot wait.

psynl if you have GD then they may well deliver at 38. good luck

randdom Fri 28-Mar-14 19:42:51

Marking my place!

SarahJinx Fri 28-Mar-14 19:51:51

I'm shattered and tearful tonight. Had such a tough day with DS, he's almost three and is a teeny tornado and I just can't keep up now, I have one day a week with him and today I feel like I've shouted and hauled him about all day.

I hate myself for it. We're at that awkward don't want to go in a buggy/highchair but just too spirited for big chairs and hand holding, well maybe it would be easier if I weren't almost nine months pregnant. Anyway.

Marking my place, sorry for lack of name checks, thanks for new spangly thread clearly

chattychattyboomba Fri 28-Mar-14 20:09:41

Can I join? I've seen your other threads but didn't want to jump on when I wouldn't be able to catch up.

DD2 due 27th May.
Finding it really tough with my moods. DH and I arguing a lot about stupid things... Really tired and uncomfortable. Lacking in patience for poor DD (almost 3). Sick of pregnancy! Just want to have a good old complain.

Sarah- if it's any consolation we're at the same stage.

Jellymum1 Fri 28-Mar-14 20:10:02

hugs sarahjinx. my daughter is 4. I also feel like I do a lot more shouting than loving lately. it is hard when you are bloody knackered! dont be too hard on yourself im sure you are doing fab x

Jellymum1 Fri 28-Mar-14 20:10:49

hug for you too chatty! ive cried so much this week!

chattychattyboomba Fri 28-Mar-14 20:15:07

Jellymum me too sad I get worked up over everything! Like my anxiety levels are through the roof and I don't even have any stress (I'm on holiday ffs!)
I just feel like I need to hibernate now and everyone can piss off and leave me alone until the baby is born. I know IABU but I can't help it.

SarahJinx Fri 28-Mar-14 20:19:06

Thanks chatty and Jelly it does make it easier to know it isn't just me, never seem to see anyone else hauling a small child about by his almost dislocated arm though eh? Today i could feel people politely looking away and i just didn't deal with him very well, which made the whole thing worse because then i had to have a little bawl at what a crap mother he has.

we had a lovely cuddly bath together a bit earlier which helped. It is so very hard. I keep having these fleeting "htf will I cope with a nb when I can't cope now" moments....anyone else?

SarahJinx Fri 28-Mar-14 20:21:18

Where are my manners?! Welcome Chatty, I'm,not usually a whinger I promise. Hug for you too xx

Squiffie Fri 28-Mar-14 20:21:44

Woohoo, new thread!! Thanks clearly X x

chattychattyboomba Fri 28-Mar-14 20:33:25

Thanks Sarah! I'll try not to fill up the whole thread grin
but I have had horrible moments like that with DD when she's just being her normal chatty self (ok she basically never shuts up) and I have answered her loudly with a huge heave "WHAT NOW?!?!" confused
Most recently with friends around (they have a baby DD and DS same age as my DD) and I then spent the next few hours trying to justify why I was getting so impatient. Their reaction was "she's still only 2 chatty". I felt positively evil. But then she says to me "I can't have a special treat mummy because it's not good for my tummy and it make me very very sore ouchy in the tummy and mummy says NO NO NO!" And I think... Oh lord could you get any cuter and could I get any meaner?!
I definitely have those how TF will I cope moments...daily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now