Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Martians 2014 thread 16: the babies are arriving!

(272 Posts)
commsgirl Thu 13-Mar-14 13:26:32

New thread smile

Mummytobe2014 Thu 13-Mar-14 14:23:18

Marking place :-)

puggywug81 Thu 13-Mar-14 16:12:02

Congrats to diz and flump!

I had my 38 week midwife appointment today and baby has finally engaged, woohoo, hopefully this is a good sign!

Fender1 Thu 13-Mar-14 16:46:33

Here you are!
No update from sweep, a bit of bleeding but nothing more than 'end of period' style bleeding IYSWIM?
Just made a big casserole so can't go into labour now as the oven is on low smile

FitzgeraldProtagonist Thu 13-Mar-14 17:20:54

Get busy with your DP this eve fender. Post sweep efficiency! not bloody working for me

Mummytobe2014 Thu 13-Mar-14 17:49:02

My dp was less than enthusiastic to get busy last night might be because i said i thought my fanjo was swollen so im not sure he is convinced lol.
Sorry to hear not much going on fender u never know though it cld happen over night! Im clutching at straws that my burst of energy was nesting but think i am overthinking it. I wouldnt mind as much if my dp wasnt starting new job monday so wont be having any time off except labour! Im putting too much pressure om myself i think.
My mw said i should plan things everyday as they always come when things r planned i planned to havea baby on monday and that didnt bloody happen smile

steppyhen Thu 13-Mar-14 18:29:24

Marking my place was due on tuesday have had three sweeps and still no baby !!! Booked in to be induced next fri really hoping I will go naturally x

FitzgeraldProtagonist Thu 13-Mar-14 18:31:38

How did you get three sweeps in since Tues??! Am envy

steppyhen Thu 13-Mar-14 18:35:16

These have been since last wedneaday,one monday and one yesterday!!

DitaVonCreamTeas Thu 13-Mar-14 19:42:43

40+1 today and feeling stuffed full of baby, just can't get comfy, all my tummy muscles are aching along with my lower back, pretty please can this be the start of labour?

Imeg Thu 13-Mar-14 19:46:10

Just to let you know that our Martian is now four days old (hard to believe). Despite no risk factors for delivery at all once labour started I ended up with various complications and sudden C section (alarm bells/multiple teams of doctors etc). Not quite what I was expecting but I am very grateful to the NHS for responding so well in an emergency and he doesn't appear to have suffered any ill effects.
Now at home recuperating, poor husband is working very hard looking after me, baby and cat despite no experience of babies at all... I think they have watched a lot of films together.
For anyone else anticipating or unexpectedly having a Caesarean I recommend getting a litter picker (few pounds from Amazon) - makes life much easier when I can pick things off the floor when I drop them! Also recommend having relatives who can come and help out...
Hope everyone else is ok, not sure I'll be on here much for the moment as having a shower today was a major achievement, but will be back.

Imeg Thu 13-Mar-14 19:47:05

PS when labour started for me I was surprised to find it felt like a major bout of constipation rather than the pains in the belly I had imagined.

Larty74 Thu 13-Mar-14 19:51:43

Marking place!

Larty74 Thu 13-Mar-14 19:59:31

Latecomer here, been lurking for awhile.....

Anyone else out there besides me having an elcs or induction this Tues? Its so bizarre knowing exactly when its going to happen and how, but at the same time I am feeling very chilled out about it all and strangely looking forward to it all!

Just waiting for my parents to arrive on Saturday so trying to keep legs crossed until then. wink

Mummytobe2014 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:29:12

Congratulations imeg sorry to hear of your complicatons bt very happy to hear mum and baby doing well thanks

Mummytobe2014 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:31:27

Fingers crossed for you Dita keep us updated.

The only pain i am experiencing is extremely sharp pains in cervix when he moves they r getting alot more painful the further along i get, doubt this means anything in terms of labour tho!

FitzgeraldProtagonist Thu 13-Mar-14 20:37:36

Am booked for induction Tues... Hope baby comes before that...

pixiebell79 Thu 13-Mar-14 21:39:44

Am suddenly booked in for induction on Saturday - eek!!

commsgirl Thu 13-Mar-14 22:28:56

All quiet here this evening after last night's excitement!

Congratulations Imeg. Sounds like you had a stressful time but glad to hear you're home and being looked after thanks

Fender1 Thu 13-Mar-14 23:12:04

Congrats Imeg !
Good luck to those going for MW appts tomorrow - I hope your sweeps are more fruitful than mine.
Hope your pains are getting you ready for labour Dita, sending contraction-ery vibes your way...
I'm back at consultants on Monday, no doubt induction / ELCS will be the hot topic. Is anyone else here going for a VBAC ?

Slippersandacuppa Fri 14-Mar-14 06:24:42

Morning all. Just hopping back in (sorry, have been pants keeping up with you lot - I have never been so busy!) to say congratulations to all who have given birth already and good luck if you're still waiting.

As-yet-unnamed baby boy was born at 2:06am at home in the pool. He's a proper cutie, of course smile A few days earlier than expected and a nice, straightforward labour. It always amazes me how little effort and time it takes to fall head over heels in love (not talking about the birth here!). Just magic. Will keep coming back when I can to see how you're all doing.

steppyhen Fri 14-Mar-14 07:42:06

can any one help. currently 40 +3 have been complaining of hip pain for week but it has now radiated round to my lower left side of bum. I am in agony cant sleep, struggle to walk , get dressed, climb stairs and just doing general day to day things. Really didnt want to be induced but have been booked in for next friday i can hold on until then with this pain Already had 3 sweeps and due to see midwife today. Can i ask to be induced early? I know the ins and outs of induction but im in so much pain.
Midwife has wrote on my notes cervix mid anterior open and soft 1/2 cm
1-2 cm dialated, if this means anything and she also has said my cervix is favourable.
many thanks

BSpice Fri 14-Mar-14 07:47:38

Congrats imeg & slippers. It's amazing how quickly you dismiss the labour when looking at your new creation!
mtb I'm due today but having a sweep as a compromise between consultant who wants to induce me & midwife led unit who feel induction should wait! It's really hard making decisions when u have 2 conflicting professional views! So fingers crossed sweep works & may have to contemplate DTD!

Mummytobe2014 Fri 14-Mar-14 07:58:59

Congratulations slippers thanks another march bubba x
bspice ooh due date today will keep fingers crossed for you, my mw suggested dtd but its not happened just yet lol will try sweep first! Do you know what your having: boy/girl??
steppyhen sorry no advice but i would discuss with mw and let them know how much pain your in. Goodluck either way smile
Got my sweep today will keep u updated x

steppyhen Fri 14-Mar-14 08:04:51

good luck mummytobe with sweep. i have midwives today taking dm with me along with a list of questions x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now