Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Babies due in May 2014 - is this the Definitelies final countdown?

(967 Posts)
ClearlyMoo Sun 09-Mar-14 18:38:10

WELCOME! thanks This thread is for all Mums-to-be expecting Maybies babies in (and around) May 2014! Please come and join the fun.

Put your feet up, get yourself a (decaf?) cuppa brew and settle in to hear the aches and pains, trials and tribulations, shopping excitement and hospital bag woes of those in their third trimester.

Hopefully you'll find a listening ear and a wealth of knowledge. Everyone welcome, especially if you're new to MN and are just peeking in as you start your maternity leave.

Our group Stats Page

If you'd like to know how big your baby is this week the check out The Bump

If you'd like to mark your place perhaps you could tell us who you are and how long you've got to go!

Happy chatting Maybies!

ClearlyMoo Sun 09-Mar-14 18:40:42

smile smile So I will start off the "place marking" I am ClearlyMoo... first time Mum, only recently married to my farmer, working girl (well for now until 3rd April!). Currently a bit wonky due to a trapped sciatic nerve. Currently (at time of posting) 31+1! So between 6 and 11 weeks to go! Eek!

Bornin1984 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:05:54

Hi hi hi !!

wm3010 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:06:15

Thanks for new thread Clearly! 31+3 here and first timer also.

dobedobedo Sun 09-Mar-14 19:17:34

Woop new thread!

I'm preggo with baby #2, my other baby is 9 years old so quite a big age gap! Due May 9th, with another boy! grin

Currently flailing on the sofa in the SWELTERING 18 degree heat. Thank the baby Jeebus we won't be heavily pregnant in the height of summer. I'd die!

I've also just packed my hospital bag. I haven't packed the baby's bag yet, I'll do that nearer the time. I did a "back up" bag too, with maternity mats and extra towels etc so I or dh can just grab it when needed (like if I'm in hospital longer than expected or if I don't want my waters to leak all over the new car upholstery!)

And I'm going to write a list and stick it to the fridge of stuff we need to grab quickly on the way out the door. Like hair dryer and flask of ice. I'm trying to be very organised smile

moobaloo Sun 09-Mar-14 20:05:25

New thread! Thanks Clearly!

I'm 30 weeks with baby no 1 - a boy - and am very excited!

Hospital bags DONE
Cot UP
Clothes WASHED

But I haven't got a changing table yet. Upsetting.

Must start hypnobirthing CD but am too busy folding babygros exactly perfectly right hmm priorities!!

There is no way this will be our final countdown thread lol! We get through them too fast!

Hugs to all suffering - hope you've been enjoying the sun!

loopylou52 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:22:07

Hello! Thanks for the fab new thread clearly!

I'm expecting first DC (team yellow) on 11th May (exactly 31 weeks today). Nowhere close to having a hospital bag and can't wait to start washing baby clothes, but we do finally have a painted nursery! smile I fear I've become a bit complacent with my pgp - just spent 3 hours mostly at funny angles painting skirting boards etc, after hour long walk earlier on. Can barely move now!

mrsfoo (re post on previous thread) - fab to hear you sounding so positive!

Wow, it really does seem like the sun this weekend has made the world of difference to us all! smile

Bornin1984 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:24:08

31+4 due May 7th...... Wish it was that time already!!!

Nursery ready
Baby bag ready
Mummy bag ready
Mummy ready

MrsFooCough Sun 09-Mar-14 20:41:03

First timer here
26yrs old
Been married for 2yrs to my Older Man/Bit of Rough (DH is 41yrs old) wink
And we don't know if we're Team Blue or Pink so we're Team Yellow smile
Due on 31st May (depending on results of GTT which is on Tuesday...confused bit scared!)
28wks + 1day today grin

We have:
Moses basket
Bouncy seat
Most of the stuff for hospital bag

And not much else confused blush

Oh except I have my pelvic/hip pain! And my first physio appointment tomorrow morning at 9am!

Irisheyessmiling Sun 09-Mar-14 21:04:53

First timer here too, currently 32+1 stuff bought for bag not yet packed. Baby clothes need washing, carseat needs picking up and dh needs to pass driving test beginning of April (first available slot)

Shit the bed there's a lot to do!

Oh and team yellow here too and change mind weekly as to what I think it'll be!

Bornin1984 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:07:39

Feels like friends reunited on this one ;-)

Squiffie Sun 09-Mar-14 21:09:57

Hi!! Thanks for the new thread Clearly!! X X

I'm a third time mum and as such have NOTHING organised, lol grin

I've got an (almost) 6 year-old boy and a 3 year-old girl and decided to stay team yellow this time!

28+4 today - due May 28th, can't wait!

mummytobe88 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:12:46

Another first timer here too smile

31 weeks today, due on 11th May and team pink!

Bought all the essentials or so I hope! but not yet started on the hospital bag. That's on the list of things to do!

All getting a bit real now...

NannyPlumForPM Sun 09-Mar-14 21:20:21

Hullo!! grin

I'm 25, and a mum to one already- dd (3). We have another little girl on the way! Due May 4th officially but I foresee a late april-bie.

I have recently diagnosed gestational diabetes, a genetic condition (incontinentia pigmenti) pre eclampsia in my last pregnancy, dd2 has talipes equinovarus (club foot) and currently a breech baby wink

Baby stuff wise I think I'm covered! I'm a bottle feeder grin so all equipment is purchased and a lot kept from last time. Just starting to put the last bits of hospital bag together and pondering a birth plan!

hobbjobb Sun 09-Mar-14 21:28:20

Hi ladies.

I'm 31 years old and this is my first child, we don't know the sex and I'm currently 29+1.
I've been with my fiancé for 12 years.

We are pretty sorted, have a pile if stuff to go in a bag ready for hospital but that's as far as I've got so far

Isean Sun 09-Mar-14 21:35:34

Hello all!

33 year old first-timer here! Engaged to my lovely toyboy (he's 25!)

32+5 today, due 29th April, but due to obstetric cholestasis it's likely I'll be induced at 37/38 weeks. We didn't find out the sex.

Hospital bag ready, baby clothes washed, cot built, car seat in car, moses basket ready!

Nervous, anxious and excited!

Bezzabelle Sun 09-Mar-14 21:41:40

Hi all, am not on stats list and not sure how to do it!
I'm 31 (32 next month) and this is 2nd baby boy. Have ds who will be 3 in July. I'm 28 + 1 but am booked in for c section on 23rd may due to previous traumatic crash c section with ds due to placenta abruption.

We have little to buy but have a bit to do in terms of sorting through and washing baby clothes which is currently in loft, need to clean up pram, car seat etc, haven't packed bag yet but have lots of lists on the go. Only have 4 weeks left at work as got lots of annual leave to take first so plenty of time to get stuff sorted.

Feel in ok health although suffering with heartburn this time round and also feel much bigger than I did with ds1 but can't complain too much when I read about all the pain you ladies have been in.

Tomkat79 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:45:07

Evening all...ok to pop back in? I've bought cake. Haven't posted on here for a while but think am still on stats page?

I'm 34, mum to 7yo DS who despite requesting a brother has a sister on the way, due 3 May

Sorry to read so many of you are suffering with SPD.

Hospital bag ready & she has more clothes than me,

MoominIsWaitingToMeetHerMiniMe Sun 09-Mar-14 21:48:18

New thread, yay grin

I'm 19 and this is my first, very unexpected, baby! We're team yellow thanks to crossed legs at the scan, but happy to stay that way now and looking forwards to finding out when the baby is born. I will be 33 weeks tomorrow (due April 28th), was expecting a Maybie but due to various reasons - main one being an 'extensive scar' on my tummy that isn't doing a good job of stretching with the baby - we're looking at me not going over my due date. Still I love the chat and support here so here I stay grin

Oh and I live with my boyfriend of three years in a shared house with Housemate From Hell (HFH) and several other not-so-hellish housemates.

Everything is bought, we just have nowhere to put it (yet!). Think we've been provisionally accepted for a private rent flat, just have to sort out our guarantor forms. Bags are ready and actually I feel ready now too smile

Chip86 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:52:53

Thank you for the new thread clearly

Im 27 we have been happly married 7 years in June smile
Expecting our first and team pink im 31+2 she is a pineapple ohch! (smile)
Name - picked
clothes - got but not washed
Pram + carseat and base - got but not delived
baby bag - packed
my bag - packed in my head ummmm.. must actualy do it soon

feeling really well and enjoying it so far, getting massive now though and boobs leak all the time smile

nugget05 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:53:05

Hello everyone smile

1st time mum to my little maybie grin never been so excited and scared in my life! marking my place as no doubt ill be back to constantly ask what to put in my hospital bag and which niggles are "the ones"

randdom Sun 09-Mar-14 22:01:38

Ooo new thread!

I'm 28 and 28+2 today due May 30th with baby number 1. We are team yellow and looking forward to finding out at the birth.

I am also having a glucose test on Tuesday which I am not looking forward too. Have to go and buy some lucozade!

SarahJinx Sun 09-Mar-14 22:03:10

Thanks for the spanky new thread Clearly!

Second time around for me, second Maybie due 5th May, first one arrived on the 8th May 2011 and will be most put out if he ends up having to share his birthday!

I've sorted out clothes and blankets, bought nappies, wipes, granny bloomers and all manner of pads. Invested in a beautiful bugaboo bee (although I have yet to fathom how to actually work it..) asked for our Moses basket back and sat back and cooked a whopping great bump.

Along the way I appear to have gots kicked in the fanjo by a fucking great wank badger of a horse and am STILL waiting for a physio referral to fix it, so have hit the codeine instead grin

That's me, I'm 37 and from Norfolk.

In other news, we spent the day cutting down big ass trees in the garden. DP would not let me have a go with the chainsaw, but would let me pull the rope to keep scary big branches from smashing the summerhouse to smithers .....hmmmm.

32 weeks tomorrow!!

loopylou52 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:25:34

Wow sarah, the tree cutting sounds impressive (and a bit scary)!

Forgot to say on my other intro - I'm 34 and got married in 2012.

Just remembered mrsfoo asked earlier what to expect at physio appointment. In my experience they will usually get you to bend in different directions while they look (usually from behind) or feel in your sacrioliac joints. Then she felt around the front around the pubic bone area (make sure you go for a wee beforehand!) to check for misalignment. She has done some manipulation which can be a bit uncomfortable but not painful, and she's also done quite a bit of massage. Hope that helps!

MoominIsWaitingToMeetHerMiniMe Sun 09-Mar-14 22:30:58

Thanks for the advice on the other thread re: swelling, called up and they asked me in to the maternity ward. Blood pressure is fine (123/70, down from 140/65 the other day), baby is fine and I am swollen but fine. Think it's a combination of normal swelling and also it's been quite warm today. Feeling poorly tonight but no uni tomorrow so I'm going swimming instead smile

Maternity unit said I did the right thing in calling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now