Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

RM OCTOBER 2014 thread - Today we are pregnant

(1000 Posts)
TinyTear Thu 30-Jan-14 11:09:26

Hi
This is a thread for people due in October with past miscarriage issues, so we don't scare the 'regular' October people and we don't annoy the RM thread with our pregnancy talk...

TinyTear MC May 2010, MC June 2010, MC November 2010, DD Jan 2012, MC October 2013 ADD 6th October

fedupofrainydays Mon 31-Mar-14 12:19:14

Hmmm that is definately a look I hope to be channelling post Friday' scan grin

squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 11:34:07
fedupofrainydays Mon 31-Mar-14 11:19:09

Most of my maternity stuff is out with friends... Don't even know where as kind of have up thinking I would possibly need it again. Those things are a bargain tho squiz

squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 11:14:34
squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 11:14:19

Jbird sad FX for you. Even with your nuchal score it's 90%+ that bubs is healthy, just keep your eye on that!

Am tentatively (if Doppler appointment on Friday throws up no issues) considering tent-dresses. Don't want to spend a lot and want to mix-n-match. Found this place on EBay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/purpless-fashion?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 grin might be a right weirdo buy £50 of tunics and leggings in one colour and be comfy but EXTREMELY co-ordinated LOOL!

JBrd Mon 31-Mar-14 09:20:31

Morning all! Hope you had a nice weekend - we were away in Somerset to celebrate MIL's 70th, very busy weekend with lots of distraction.
But I am soooo tired, it has taken it out of me.

My Harmony test failed sad So I will now get another nuchal scan at the FMC tomorrow, which I hope and pray will bring me better results. The problem is that, even though my nuchal measurements were really low, the blood results have pushed the risk, and I am not sure if that can be changed... Of course, my age (42) is a big factor in all of this, too.
But I am worried. To have come this far, after 3 mcs, and then to have to consider taking extra-risks by doing an invasive procedure, or, even worse, having to make the decision about what to do if the worst comes to the worst.

I will ask for the Harmony test to be repeated, but that will be at least another 2 weeks wait, until they get the results.

I hate the fact that the predominant feeling of this pregnancy has been fear sad

squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 08:07:45

Fedup It's a tough day. flowers Just remember to tough it out 24hr and you'll be past that horrible milestone.

Bugs flowers yeah that fear is always there. sad But it's just a fear! smile

fedupofrainydays Mon 31-Mar-14 07:16:35

Struggling a bit today. I'm 11 + 6 and this was when I had my first mc. sad

TheBuggerlugs Sun 30-Mar-14 21:55:01

Good to hear it. My boobs are noticeably more veiny and much rounder but that's about it. I've just taken a photo of myself to compare it to when I was 6 weeks and I'm definitely more swollen in my tummy and abdomen area. DH kindly told me my bum was bigger too. I've put about 5lb on which I'm ok with. Just praying buglet hasn't died.

squizita Sun 30-Mar-14 20:36:49

Bugs I thought I'd escaped freaky boobs, but they've caught up. DH said they 'had more blue lines than a stilton' (veins - charming simile!!) and unless I'm cold, my nips are getting a bit saucer-like. Give it a week or two!

Feeling better now thanks. The absence of any 'problems' s what I'm keeping hold of.

TheBuggerlugs Sun 30-Mar-14 20:20:21

Squiz ((hair strokes)) yes you will he fine. That baby of yours is just fine. Short lived shock will increase your adrenaline but that's about it. Have a cup of tea and warm bath.

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and still feeling quite fine. Some of the people on the October bus are talking about larger nipples etc and mine are bigger but not massively so. Roll on the 11th to my scan.

squizita Sun 30-Mar-14 18:55:11

Waves to all!

Blimy what a day. Took my mum out to lunch... came back to 8 police cars and someone in my street barricaded in their house and hysterical. Think it was a slightly older couple with one a bit senile and the other one had passed out/away. They wouldn't let the police in. shock Eventually the police located someone with a spare key.

As ever, slight shock (it looked like they were trying to batter my door down at 1st) = paranoid about MMC. Week 16, no bleeding, no pain, gaining tummy weight, constipation, stretchy muscles. I'm being paranoid, yeah?

SwimmingMom Sun 30-Mar-14 17:37:22

Jbrd - sorry to hear about your nuchal blood results. I hope the harmony result is more reassuring. I just looked at my Harmony test scale and 1:17 is still at the very low end of the higher risk scale. Reason enough to stay optimistic. Fingers Crossed for you!

fedupofrainydays Sun 30-Mar-14 12:06:11

Morning! Hope everyone is okay too. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers to be (either for first time or again).

All ticking along okay here (I think). Had another weekend of dizziness and nausea. 4.5 days til 12 wk scan so an both relieved it's coming up after what feels an eternity but also shit scared. It will be 3 weeks since last scan. Plus I have to admit that after my fear of mmc, I am scared about downs risk too. Just being honest, but am really worried about it this time round.

TheBuggerlugs Sun 30-Mar-14 11:29:36

Morning all. Its got quiet on here lately, is everyone ok?

fedupofrainydays Fri 28-Mar-14 21:54:50

Hello everyone. Had such a hard week at work so just checking in briefly. jbrd I saw on the other thread re the harmony test failing sad that just really sucks. I hope they get you some clearer answers at your next appt. I don't know why but I have a fear this time about coming out high risk for downs. It's just one fear after another. Not that I'm even past the 12 wk scan yet.

I'm 11 + 3 today and I look really pregnant. I couldn't do up my coat. Of course it's just bloat at this stage of pregnancy but it looks very big bump like! Hiding it at work is quite difficult - not least as I am pretty slim and wear fitted stuff and now dragging out all the loose items that are baggy and shapeless!!

TaytoCrisp Fri 28-Mar-14 18:34:20

jbrd, 6% is very low so seems ok. 94% is very positive. But I know you would obviously prefer to be in the 1:60 range.. Very best of luck with the harmony test.

JBrd Fri 28-Mar-14 09:43:16

Tayto 1:17 effectively means that there is a an about 6% chance that the baby might have Down's. Or, importantly, there is a 94% chance that everything is OK, if I get the calculations right.

At least that's how I am trying to look at it. My age alone puts me at a 1:60 risk, and the nuchal fold was nice and small (1.1mm). It's my bloods that bring up the risk - PappA was 0.14 (very low), and bhcG was 1.41.

junior They did ask if I had bled - I had some spotting, but not in the last few weeks, and they only take that into account if you've had a bleed in the week before the test.

I am so glad now that I decided to do the Harmony - at one point, I was getting dubious about it, but not anymore.

fedupofrainydays Thu 27-Mar-14 20:23:44

Oh jbrd. I hope the harmony will be reassuring / clearer - that's why you did it.

juniorcakeoff Thu 27-Mar-14 18:07:11

JBrd what were the numbers? If you have a bleed in early pregnancy that may make the Papp-A low. And don't forget to ask them what the result would be if they didn't include age in the calculation (that's if you are 30+, prob wouldn't make any difference if you are younger)

TaytoCrisp Thu 27-Mar-14 17:42:24

Oh jbrd. U could really do without this. What does 1:17 mean exactly? I'm not that familiar with it (yet to get my results, prob Monday). Really hope the harmony is reassuring.

JBrd Thu 27-Mar-14 15:48:20

Well, my happy bubble has just burst - the hospital just called me, and in spite of having a low nuchal measurement, the combined results with my bloods give a risk for Down's of 1:17 sad

Discussed all the options. Now I'm hoping and praying that the Harmony test gives me better results. I get the results for that on Tuesday, but will probably call them to see if they have come through earlier.

So scared. Again.

HopefulHamster Thu 27-Mar-14 15:16:54

I have trusted my body to get pregnant on its own and it didn't work.

I trusted my body to have a natural labour... didn't work.

Trust is all well and good and it's nice to be positive, but frickin positivity can't cure medical problems. Argh!

TaytoCrisp Thu 27-Mar-14 14:33:12

Great news hopeful!

Squiz that would annoy me hugely!! Bring on the C-section I say! Its just such rubbish... Of course it works to a certain extent, but people who think that all you have to do is "trust your body" are niave and at worst deluded. Until a few decades ago childbirth was one of the biggest causes of mortality - thankfully we have medical interventions now!!! (OK I need to calm down too, and ignore as JBrd says!).

JBrd Thu 27-Mar-14 11:52:37

squiz Smile, nod, say 'That's interesting, thank you for the information' - and ignore wink

In fact, if you start practising this approach now, you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation for the rest of the pregnancy!

This thread is not accepting new messages.