Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2014 - 12 week scans and holding hands!

(910 Posts)
BunnyBaby Mon 20-Jan-14 18:52:48

Hello everyone, off we go again...

Owlysims Sun 02-Feb-14 18:13:52

Click On the link weeza! There's a clicky link just below where I wrote it smile

weeza13 Sun 02-Feb-14 17:26:00

help, I don't know how to find other thread, not very good at this.

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 17:48:26

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1985043-August-2014-The-thread-fillers-are-also-powering-through-their-scans

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 17:47:08

Weeza everyone is over on the new thread smile come on over

weeza13 Sat 01-Feb-14 16:52:37

Hi, mind if I join. EDD of first on Aug 3rd. Was just reading about different maternity trousers/leggings which is usefull as am going shopping tommorow. Anyone else finding that bump gets bigger as the day goes on and seems to have almost vanished in the morning? when does it become a 24hour feature?

BunnyBaby Sat 01-Feb-14 13:12:59
Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 12:52:46

Just put on a fitted jumper dress I haven't worn for a while and I look about 17-18 weeks gone!! Best keep coat on!! smile

PinaColadas Sat 01-Feb-14 12:12:25

Hi nocheese, due date buddy! Although this is my first smile

Tummy is definitely rising, and getting bigger!

lucyfluff Sat 01-Feb-14 11:31:55

Bunny mine feels high too :/ it must be the more pg the quicker you pop out...tell me Im right?!

BunnyBaby Sat 01-Feb-14 11:26:34

I was always over bump but they can pull themselves down sometimes, have a few under bumps too.

Cheese and Lucy where are you feeling your fundus? Mine feels really high (pg 4, dc3), just below tummy button lying in bed first thing and I'm only 11 weeks, no wonder I look around 18 weeks!

Jenbee1 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:24:52

This is a really stupid question but I bought mat jeans and trousers in my normal size and they already feel tight round my legs. Did anyone go up a size or did your prepreg size work?

lucyfluff Sat 01-Feb-14 11:01:11

Welcome nocheese...another on number four smile

Ok thanks hungry, have convinced hungover DH to visit Kiddicare this morning...Im so mean mwhahaha smile

Mssleepy - over bump jeans all the way...I got some lovely skinnies from H&M cant wait to wear them. Also Next leggings are amazing and wash r well....I may get them out soon!!!

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 10:48:53

I lived in the two back from newlook with dd can't wait for the scan then I'll feel able to buy same again my usual ones are getting uncomfy and dig in in the wrong place so create a funny shape!!

Welcome newbies and congrats!

HungryHorace Sat 01-Feb-14 10:31:02

I live in my over bump leggings. The two pack from New Look is really good value.

Hi nocheese. Welcome!

HungryHorace Sat 01-Feb-14 10:23:49

Lucy, I think the Oyster carry cots are all the same.

Mssleepyhead, I'd recommend over bump as my under bump ones feel uncomfortable above a certain size. DD used to kick me loads when I wore them!

nocheeseplease Sat 01-Feb-14 10:20:00

Hi everyone can I join? I had my first scan yesterday which put me at 14 weeks with a due date of 1st August. This is my 4th summer baby now - I have one late July and 2 august ones already!! grin

I've got a tiny little bump now but can still just about fit into my normal clothes and I'm still waiting for the constant nausea to bugger off!!

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 10:15:30

After 12 weeks pregnant with dd I mean!!

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 10:15:07

Ms sleepy after 12 weeks dd I bought 'under bump' jeans as felt silly having over bump ones with only a tiny bulge but regretting that as soon as bump started really growing as didn't feel they supported me/created a nice shape! I will definitely be buying over this time (ditto after scan even though normal clothes are getting right especially bras!!! Only a week ish to go!) over bump leggings are also very comfy!!! smile

HungryHorace Sat 01-Feb-14 10:04:07

I think there may also be a listeria risk, Piña. I can't remember. All I know is my last two Christmases have been bereft of pate! :-(

I'm quite ligamenty today. It hurts. :-/

Jenbee, that washing machine sensation makes me feel so sick. I can feel baby HH batting around. Thankfully not too much washing machine yet though!

mssleepyhead Sat 01-Feb-14 09:23:58

For the first time in a long time I have woken up on a Saturday and wanted to do something other than sit on the sofa! I am beyond excited about this. I mean, mainly I want to go and buy maternity jeans, but at least I want to do something!

Talking of maternity jeans... Obvious I'm too nervous to buy them before my scan, which is still 2 weeks away, but I'm certainly starting to get a little very low bump and I don't think my usual lowish cut jeans are going to last. Any recommendations on good pairs, just in case I need to get some? I've heard mamas and papas are good ones?

Ah missleepyhead! Glad to hear I have a scan date buddy! I too have felt behind! smile

lucyfluff Sat 01-Feb-14 08:43:17

Glad your friend was ok with your news owly smile

Hungry can I ask a stupid Q re pram?! can you put normal oyster carrycot on a oyster max frame??

Had a rubbish night sleep here, got such bad backache sad and DH came in v late from works do!!!!

Jenbee1 Sat 01-Feb-14 08:22:52

Was looking forward to a nice lie in after a crumby week at work but the little one had other ideas. Feels like a spin cycle going off in there. Probably getting its own back for being put into a pair of jeans that were fine last weekend but very tight yesterday.

PinaColadas Sat 01-Feb-14 07:57:40

Well you learn something new every day hungry, I thought it was because it's raw or something, I hate pate so don't really know much about it.

Not too bad today thank you, another rubbish nights sleep because of hip ache, I think it's just because I'm not used to lying on you side all night! How are you? Good news about your pram smile

Abimci Sat 01-Feb-14 07:56:38

I've felt sick on and off all week, especially yesterday, although I think having a lesson observation made it worse! Bit better today. Can't wait to feel less exhausted which I'm hoping will be soon!

At least work has made the last couple weeks go quickly. Scan is a week on Tues so fingers crossed for good news. Want to tell everyone as sick of lying to people now.

Glad everyone's scans have gone well recently, good luck to all those having them next week smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now