Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014: Thread 4: Making our way through the first trimester one day at a time!!!

(981 Posts)
GillyBillyWilly Sat 09-Nov-13 10:42:45

Jump in this new thread to carry on the daily chit chat!!!!grin

pomdereplay 28th May
Penguin13 29th
highlandfling10 1st June
grainofrice 1st
WooWooCaChoo 1st
bludgerwitch 2nd
monkeybananas 2nd
wispaxmas 3rd
Mezzaluna 3rd
carrie105 3rd
Bezzabelle 3rd
bee024 3rd
Seatfor5 4th
SicknSpan 4th
Loudandlarge 4th
MAgirl75 5th
Katsan 5th
Mrs MLB 6th
Norah Vanstone 6th
cheesysmile 7th
AuntPittyPay 7th
adaloveslace 7th
LondonSuperTrooper 8th
barnsey14 8th
Winglet 8th
GillyWillyBilly 9th
CarrotCakeMuffins 9th
Snowlet 10th
Threefromdesire 10th
noseymcposey 10th
Kirsty4609 11th
TheMoonInJune 11th
CleverOl10 11th
squiglet 12th
Giraffelegs 12th
Mixology 13th
Gingerandcocoa 13th
NessieMcFessie 13th
Londoncitymum 13th
littlepickly 13th
just 13th
Mumof5plusazoo 13th
blondiedollface 14th
sebsmummy1 14th
typhoonsmum 14th
Hannahc1989 14th
liquidambar 15th
Hackneybird 15th
MTMD 15/16th
ElizaB3 16th
RaRa1988 16th
Ginandstripes 16th
Mitchell2 16th
MrsGasMan 17th
Sussex31 17th
VickyVix 18th
Ohcluttergotme 19th
Beckala 20th
Unoriginalusername123 20th
MarlenaGru 21st
Bellygrazing 21st
WifeofGru 22nd
Sheilatakeabow 22nd
SarahAnderson 22nd
Lmf679 22nd
Emmazers 25th
Bumblebeesmum 26th
Coocoocachoo 26th
Cherryjellybean 26th
Simpatico 27th
Ladygonegaga 27th
Mynameiswinkly 27th
Jaykay987 27th
Kittybubbles 27th
superlambanana 27th
Rainbowweaver 27th
Batmam 28th
Stacks 28th
PoppySeed2014 29th
Mrsb2013 1st July
catslicer ???
airyfairy123 ???
SparklyMasterMummy ????
kirstlovestea ???
Junebaby2014 ???
Stacks ???
Kittygirl33 ???
Girlsgotink85 ???
Summer29 ???

summerbaby2014 Sat 07-Dec-13 18:13:40

Room for one more? I'm due 15th June. Had the scan this week. Great to see it so active. There seems to be a lot of chat about the harmony scan. Are lots of people having this?

wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 20:14:52

Great to hear good news!

This thread is filling up, so hop off and let's get a new thread going: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1922215-June-2014-thread-5-12-wk-scans-and-leaving-the-1st-tri-behind

littlepickly Mon 25-Nov-13 20:00:57

Great news on all the scans - how exciting!! It's all happening now smile

Have just had an eventful early evening, DD managed to split her head open after running around too fast at the grandparents so have not long got back from a&e and she is now all glued and steri stripped up, think she will have a scar - not what I needed after a headache all day but just so glad she is ok!!

Now having a lovely pizza for tea!

Liquidambar Mon 25-Nov-13 19:46:44

Congratulations on the scans Bee cheesy and cjbk1 smile

BEEwitched Mon 25-Nov-13 19:46:35

Clever, it's really up to you, chance of miscarriage with an amnio is 0.5% but in some countries esp. a few years back it was a standards procedure if you were over 35. I know several people who had one.

Also, you can have a hormone blood test together with the Nuchal to increase its accuracy.

If you know you would keep baby whatever the outcome you can always just skip it, if all it does is worry you more!

Mitchell2 Mon 25-Nov-13 19:40:57

Hi clever - it's really a personal choice re testing. I have a friend who hasn't to date had any ultrasounds at all in her second pregnancy, let alone any testing.

I went down the panorama route ( which is similar to harmony) not just because I was concerned about downs but also as it can detect other very rare trisomy's which are not ones in which the baby can survive. I'm 34, and my sister had a bad nuchal /nhs experience and am a bit of a control freak so need to know everything is ok!

jaykay987 Mon 25-Nov-13 19:27:49

It's tempting Vicky isn't it! It seems like my scan was ages ago (they measured me 5w+6) and as I'm booked in for harmony, my next one will be 10w+3 - but that's two weeks tomorrow! Thats AGES! :-)

I certainly couldn't wait til I was 12weeks! God, I'm so impatient!

I'm bursting to tell someone! Think I might pop!

CleverOl10 Mon 25-Nov-13 19:26:21

Had a horrible day today sad beem sick three times, of which was in lesson changeover time so literally had to puke then run and teach. Felt so poorly.

On the upside I decided to tell work people today as I'm nearly 12 weeks (11+5) and feeling so ill. All very supportive and excited which is nice.

Got my scan next week. Was in two minds about having the Downs tests. My sister had a horrible experience with her pregnancy where they told her that her chances were high and she had to have the amniocentesis (is that the right word?!) which has a risk of mc but her baby turned out to be absolutely fine. It was such a stressful experience for her. She said she definitely wouldn't do it again. I figure I will still keep the baby if there is a problem so would rather not go through the stress. So (sorry for waffle) I'm opting out of those tests. Am I mad?

GillyBillyWilly Mon 25-Nov-13 19:25:42

Congrats ladies!! thanks

Vickyvix Mon 25-Nov-13 18:50:16

Yey, congratulations cheesy and bee lovely news.

And welcome cjbk1 well done on your scan too.

I still have 2 whole weeks to wait for my nuchal scan (i will be 12+0). I'm so tempted to book in a cheeky private scan for this Friday which is exactly half way between the 9 week one I had and the 12 week one planned.

We're seeing friends just before the 12 week scan and it will be so obvious I'm not drinking, but I don't want to share any news until I know baby is ok. If I can sneak in a scan at 10+3 and all is ok i may feel a little more comfortable sharing news if I get caught out not drinking. Arrgghh can't decide - or could wait until Monday which is 10+6..... Or could stop being a crazy lady and just save the money and hold out until my 12 week scan!!! grin

HannahC1989 Mon 25-Nov-13 18:49:24

Glad your scans went well cheesy and bee. Good luck any scans for tomorrow :-) xx

cheesysmile Mon 25-Nov-13 18:45:45

Yay Bee! Its great to be able to tell people isn't it.

MarlenaGru Mon 25-Nov-13 17:29:35

Congratulations cheesy and bee

bee024 Mon 25-Nov-13 17:18:08

Scan went well. They reckon I'm due on the 31st May now, but we shall wait and see as DD was 12 days late. So nice now that I can finally make it official and explain the reason I've been so pathetic of late!

Junebabyjoy Mon 25-Nov-13 17:15:48

Exciting! Because all my appointments will be delayed, I will actually be 14 weeks at my 12 week scan...I wonder if there will be any hint of indication of my baby's sex at this stage? That would be beyond amazing but impossible I assume?

MinaLeeds Mon 25-Nov-13 17:05:08

Got my letter for the scan and it's going to be on the 5th of December which will be towards the end of week 12 (as we currently know it). I'm really looking forward to it so I can start telling people. I've only told a few of my very closest friends and immediate family so far.

cjbk1 Mon 25-Nov-13 16:55:58

oh it works, can I join please?wrote a long post and it didn't work due 1st June just had scan wink

cjbk1 Mon 25-Nov-13 16:54:48

Testing

cheesysmile Mon 25-Nov-13 16:37:23

Back from scan and all is good! My due date is now the 5th June so a couple of days earlier. So exciting to see baby wriggling about, makes it feel real! smile So pleased!

MTMD Mon 25-Nov-13 16:21:54

I chose Wt because their MLU looks lovely and because my Gp said she had positive feedback from other patients who gave birth in Wt. I had a dildocam blush scan there last year (non pregnancy related) and was very impressed with staff and facilities were really modern.

MTMD Mon 25-Nov-13 16:12:47

I chose Wt because their MLU looks lovely and because my Gp said she had positive feedback from other patients who gave birth in Wt. I had a dildocam blush scan there last year (non pregnancy related) and was very impressed with staff and facilities were really modern.

Junebabyjoy Mon 25-Nov-13 15:49:23

So sorry MTMB and Sarah, didn't mean to scare you at all. I've already had two great early scans at UCLH, maybe I was put off by the Whittington because it is so old and shabby in comparison. I just had a bad experience I guess. I'm sure the actual labour ward is much better than what I saw (well I hope so). I'd pretty much made my mind up by the time I made it up to the antenatal unit. The entrance to the hospital is sparkling clean and all new but by the time you get past the first floor it's in a smelly old lift and up to the 5th floor, then through endless cold and dingy corridors to the unit. Then when I strolled into the prem baby unit I called my dh and told him I was cancelling. Then got to the front desk and without even looking at me the receptionist said 'toilets that way' and shoved a pee pot in front of me. I did sit and wait and eventually was seen by a really lovely midwife who said it was fine to refer myself to UCLH, especially as they had already scanned me. although she did say as a central LDN hospital they would not be able to provide care/home visits post birth. I didn't mind at that point. I walked out feeling slightly snobby and guilty until I bumped into the student nurse I had spoken to earlier. I informed her of my decision and she said 'I don't blame you, this place is a shithole'. Reassuring words!

hackneybird Mon 25-Nov-13 15:29:26

Hannah, Harmony is a blood test that is supposed to be more accurate that the nuchal for detecting chromosomal abnormalities. You can have it as early as 10 weeks. I'm having it done at the FMC in Harley St, as I am cough' 40 years old and a bit anxious about the increased risks. It's expensive (£400).

You can also find out the gender.

MTMD Mon 25-Nov-13 15:22:51

Sarah, yes we should! Have you had your scan yet?

MTMD Mon 25-Nov-13 15:17:15

Torn, I've had lots of chocolate this weekend and oat porridge for breakfast! Thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now