Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's Growth Story (30 - 33 weeks): Low Estimated Fetal Weight (EFW), Possible SGA / IUGR

(2 Posts)
firstimeforeverything Thu 07-Nov-13 10:36:13

Well done Lucy! Thanks for sharing this, it's really heart warming. I feel for you - pregnancy and the early years can be so anxiety-ridden. Congratulations, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and your little bundle from now on. xxx

lucybazooka Wed 06-Nov-13 13:16:34

Hi everyone,

I'm read Mumsnet all the time, but just registered as a member to share my baby's growth story for all you mum's out there who are worried over their baby's size.

At 30 weeks 6 days, my baby's measurements dropped on the percentile growth charts. Her estimated fetal weight then plotted below the 10% centile. My doppler was good (EDF in your notes) and amniotic fluid volumes were all normal.

I started eating a regimented large 3 meals a day with lots of protein (even if I needed to force it all down) and <bold>drinking Complan / Buildup shakes 3 times a day with 300 ml of semi skimmed milk each time </bold>.

I've just gotten back from her growth scan at 32 + 6 days and all her measurements are back up to the 50% centile, and her estimated fetal weight is now plotting about 13% - so back in the 'normal' range! :D :D :D Have hope! Baby's gain alot very quickly during this time!

Rest A LOT more, have lots less stress. Get more calouries in you! Educate yourself. Make sure your growth charts are relevant to your height / stature / parity (kids you've had before - if they're with a different partner it makes a difference). They should give you ctg monitoring in between growth scans to check that baby is well and you should feel her healthy movement every day - they say it's the biggest indicator of health Make sure you know your baby's measurements inside and out, and you can use pages like this to measure your baby's growth velocity:

EFW, Measurements & Percentiles Calculator & Average Weight Charts here: http://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

You can also get customised growth charts for your body size etc here:
http://www.gestation.net

We go back in two weeks and baby's growth velocity should continue up in the same pattern, but I am SO RELIEVED I cried like a baby.

Fingers crossed for our Christmas Day miracle - she's due then smile

May the force be with you,
Lucy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now