Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 11) - We demand answers like what to pack in our bags and who stole our energy?

(1000 Posts)
Toothfairy78 Sun 27-Oct-13 23:18:59

OK before we start... SQUEEEZE!

And begin!

Sultanajo Thu 07-Nov-13 12:43:14

book glad they are checking you anyway. Hope you have lots of kicks and wriggles...grin

Sultanajo Thu 07-Nov-13 12:45:55

choco I hated my last one for the exact same reasons. What a shame...hopefully she wont be there when you are actually in labour.....

Angelesque Thu 07-Nov-13 13:17:06

I hope everything goes well today space and that there are lots of beautiful bubbles xxx

space I went out just now at lunchtime and blew bubbles in the park for Idris. I really hope the funeral went or is going as well as it can, and that you're feeling okay. Thinking of you lots today.

book hope you're okay and not too stressed about it.

sultana glad you're feeling better!

choco one of the two I've seen is a cow - NEVER smiles. The other one is lush. And the one who does the antenatal class at our hospital is the nicest person ever.

toby glad contractions are easing off. I still don't think I've had a BH, but I do get random jabby ouches, aches, weird feelings etc, which is plenty!

tooth hope you had a lovely birthday!

Am super-chilled at work today - big project is done, and mat cover person starts monday, so leaving a huge pile of grunt work for him to 'practice' on grin.
It's the only way to learn, innit?

Naturegirl82 Thu 07-Nov-13 14:25:17

Feeling mega stressed at work today. Starting to regret my decision to work up to xmas sad

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 07-Nov-13 15:05:38

Space love and hugs to you and your family today, I will be thinking of you.

toby glad the contractions have eased off at last.

peanut sorry to hear you weren't well, hope you have fully recovered now.

<hugs> mrsa hope you are ok.

book at least they are being cautious, best to get checked out.

Sorry to hear you are feeling stressed nature, just try to focus on the positive that everyday you stay longer at work is one more day you get to spend with your baby when they are born.

I am back in hospital after another bleed last night, not as bad as last time so might be out by the weekend if no further problems. Still no MRI results so consultant is chasing them. Scan next week to look at fluid levels and check baby's stomach. If his stomach is still small he may have an obstruction which will require an operation when he is born

MrsAVB Thu 07-Nov-13 15:26:26

Hi everyone, thank you for asking, we are ok! There are some unusual things going on in bean's brain and while tests have been reassuring, waiting for results etc has been scary. No definite prognosis either way, so I guess in some ways we're no different from anyone else as a lot of things that can go wrong can't be tested or predicted.
Sorry to be depressing...

TobyLerone Thu 07-Nov-13 15:28:02

So how did they pick that up, MrsA, if you don't mind me asking?

Hope everything's fine, another flowers

alteredimages Thu 07-Nov-13 16:29:45

Hello everyone,

Couldn't let today pass without saying that we're all thinking of you, mrspace and idris today space.

Hope you had a great birthday tooth.

Sorry to hear so many having a worrying time with scans, hospital stays and illness. Take it easy and no googling!

I seem to be fine now. Midwife never got back to me, but contractions stopped, baby more active and no leaking, so I think I was just a bit stressed. Scan tomorrow and mw on tues so hopefully will be reassuring.

On down side, I have infected eczema ob my feet so walking is agony even in my comfy shoes sad.

Anyone else beginning to panic about birth etc? Reality of giving birth alone in foreign country with no help after birth and probably a three year old on school holidays beginning to bite. BIL also wants to stay for two weeks directly before due date so may not be the most Zen new mother, I fear.

Special hugs to another mrsavb nature and book. How are things going with you Toby? Hope you're feeling better now sultana

alteredimages Thu 07-Nov-13 16:42:28

Sorry, just read my message back and didn't mean to be so gloomy and self centred. Apologies.

Glad you're feeling better Toby.smile

TobyLerone Thu 07-Nov-13 16:50:54

You've had a bit of a crappy time of it, altered -- you're entitled to be a bit self-centred! The eczema sounds like a nightmare. I know how sore it is on my hands. I can't imagine having to walk around in that much pain sad

Good to hear things have settled down a bit otherwise, though. Stay well!

I'm fine now, thanks for asking smile

Not panicking about the birth, though. I'm panicking about the thought of a CS, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Can you tell your BIL to bugger off? There's no way I'd have a visitor for 2 weeks just before my due date. I don't think you'd be unreasonable to say no.

I've made 4 lists:
Things we still need for the baby
Things I still need
Labour bag
Hospital bag

I think I'll meet DH at Westfield tomorrow after work and see how much Pinkberry we can eat shopping we can get done in one go.

Mythreeknights Thu 07-Nov-13 17:15:04

Hi ladies, hugs to all feeling glum and bubbles to space. Well, 30 weeks today and boy am I tired and headachey. Think I might be coming down with a cold but its the first trimester tiredness that has knocked me for six!! Ten whole weeks to go...the thought does fill me with dread. -nature I am with you on the work front...I am in theory working up til 7 jan, with due date on 16th, but at this rate I can't see that happening. Ug.

TobyLerone Thu 07-Nov-13 17:27:01

I've just realised I've no idea how pregnant I am! Either 30+4 or 31+4. What an eejit!

MrsAVB Thu 07-Nov-13 17:31:56

toby, our hospital scans everyone at 32 weeks so it was picked up there. Am staying positive though as further tests were as reassuring as they could be, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway.
Work are being bastards again too and I'm considering getting some legal advice re. maternity discrimination... which is so not a road I want to go down.
altered eczema on feet sounds horrid, hope you're ok and resting up!
toby I have 4 lists too, but they are; things for baby, things for me (this list only has about 4 things on it!), things to pack on hospital bag, and things to do! Is it better to pack one bag with everything, separate bags for you and bubs, or a short stay bag to take and a long stay bag at home to be brought in later if needed? Considering we're likely to be taxi-ing it I don't want to pack too much as we won't be able to leave stuff (eg. car seat) in the car.

TobyLerone Thu 07-Nov-13 17:40:28

Ah, I see. Goodness, it seems like you're having a bit of a hard time too, MrsA. You poor thing sad

I'm packing a labour bag with just stuff for the actual labour and one set of clothes for the baby. Then another bag to cover both of us for a few days in hospital if necessary. I'm not packing yet, though, because I don't know whether or not they'll say I'll have to have a CS at my scan in a few weeks. In that case, I'm guessing my labour bag will be entirely different.

I think my mum will be taking us to hospital when the baby's born because DH doesn't drive and I will neither be driving myself while in labour, nor driving myself home if it's a CS. So I'll leave the hospital bag and car seat in my mum's car.

another sorry to hear you're back inside, hope all ends up being okay and no operation needed, how horrible.

MrsA I meant to ask in my last post if you were okay. How scary. I hope it all ends up being something you look back on and smile.

altered oh ouch. That sounds vile. As for panicking about birth - not really, but we have the Birth Chat antenatal appt on Monday. We're tossing up the possibility of a home birth now, but I think I might waver and go birthing centre.
That said, I was on the loo just now (delicate phraseology) and I suddenly had a feeling of downward pressure in my lady parts. I did think 'I wonder what would happen if I were the first person in HISTORY to give birth without any contractions etc. And what would I wrap the baby in - I'm wearing my only cashmere cardi today, and it's not having that, it'll get all squicky'. I know, I know - I'm born to be a mother grin

toby I don't have a hospital bag, my mw said to use a wheely case, as DH is likely to carry the baby/car seat, and I'll therefore end up carrying my bag, so don't go for anything that has to be carried by handles.

TobyLerone Thu 07-Nov-13 17:47:26

Excellent tip, Humpty. I will use a wheely case for the hospital bag and a normal big bag for the labour one.

Spacefrog35 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:46:27

Thank you so much for all your lovely messages (& bubbles). The service was lovely, everyone behaved themselves and there were lots & lots of bubbles!

We seem to have developed a bit of a butterfly theme during the funeral planning. They just kept cropping up. As DH read his speech & we played little wing a butterfly appeared and flew around the chapel. As soon as the music finished, the butterfly disappeared. Think my mischievous little boy is still up to his tricks grin

xxx

Spacefrog35 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:49:43

Oh & I don't mean to scare you humpty but mention that 'pressure' feeling to your midwife. It's incredibly rare but it can be a symptom of cervix shortening. It's almost certainly not but ...

MrsVDB Thu 07-Nov-13 18:52:30

All the sugar in that lucozade earlier must have given me extra energy as on bus home from hospital I decided to hop off and pop to primark ( in the process missing a conference call oops) to get the hospital bag if decided on, the large material type the primark do... Well turns out primark don't do that type of bag anymore sad my attempt at being organised and at least buying the bag were ruined! Did get some pjs though and a maternity dress/ long top from h&m though so not all bad. Then walked the 15 min home which recently I would have bused so felt quite pleased. haven't done anything this afternoon to make up for it though

MrsVDB Thu 07-Nov-13 18:53:58

Sorry space xposted. Glad to hear it went well. Butterfly's this time of year must be pretty rare so that must of been lovely smile

Hugs space

MrsGSR Thu 07-Nov-13 20:40:18

Aww space that sounds amazing. I love butterflies, haven't seen any for over a month.

Slightly worried about the pressure thing. I've had it on and off for a few weeks, some lower abdomen pressure when I empty my bladder.

MrsGSR Thu 07-Nov-13 20:48:45

Glad the tests were reassuring MrsA, keeping fx for you.

another I hope you get the MRI results soon, and the scan next week goes well.

I've spent £20 on 3 bundles of eBay baby clothes today. Can't make any decisions about the big things we still need but at least she'll have lots of clothes!

BookTart Thu 07-Nov-13 20:58:39

space that sounds perfect. I'm so pleased today went well x

Just back from the hospital (appointments were running 2 and a half hours late!) All is fine, but the midwife said I have 'one of those' babies, and will probably spend the next couple of months back and forth from day care getting checked out.

Hugs another - I hope you get good results soon and can escape again!

This thread is not accepting new messages.