Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2014!!!! Hop on board and join the fun!!!

(972 Posts)

I got my bfp this morning and calculator says due July 4th!!!

Wow, that seems ages away!!

Feeling quite scared....can't wait for this bus to fill up, can't party on my own!! xxx

jaykay987 Mon 21-Oct-13 16:11:51

Hello! Congratulations!

I got my bfp at the weekend. If it's ok with you, I might straddle both this bus and the June bus! My due date (I think) is 27th June, but as this is my first is much more likely to be a July baby!

Hi Jaykay....yep I've been over to the June bus as well! Hopefully they'll be lots along to join us on here soon!!

I just did a digital test and it came up pregnant 1-2....so early!! Phoned my docs as well and they said I don't need to see a doctor, the midwife will see me at 8 weeks.

Just told my DP....his face was a picture, he can't stop smiling!
Is it your dh that is away and you're waiting for him to come home till you tell him?

jaykay987 Mon 21-Oct-13 17:08:24

yep - that's me! no wonder Im posting loads!
I got cb 1-2 Sunday. Lots of people don't seem to get that one. What test did you first use?
I originally used an IC which have n inconclusive answer. FRER looked negative but has got stronger the past two days. I would still describe it as very feint though! Which considering I'm dpo 17 is a little worrying!

Ah bet you can't wait to tell him!!

I also used FRER and a normal clear blue one, the FRER one had a faint line but definitely a line and the other clear blue one came up positive!

I don't know when I ov'd and my periods have been a bit irregular since coming off the pill....I just tested because I felt so sick and then got an awful metallic taste in my mouth!!

Have you booked in to see doc/midwife yet?

Also, I don't think you should worry about your line being faint....I line is a line and I like the fact that the CB digital one says pregnant....you can't argue with that!
it will be nice to get a little further on though!

MrsB2013 Mon 21-Oct-13 21:01:16

I'm here to join you! I am also on the June thread too!

I got the faintest line on an IC on Thurs night, then a faint line on Sat so did a Superdrug test and got a line on that. Sunday had quite a strong line on a FRER. Going to do a cb digi in the morning!

I don't know if I should get actual pregnancy vitamins or just folic acid and vit d on there own?

MrsB2013 Mon 21-Oct-13 21:03:33

I'll start the list off:

July Due Dates

Jaykay - (27th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
Spinningirl10 - 4th

Hi MrsB

Oooh we have a list now, how exciting....makes it looks real!!

I was going to ask the same question about folic acid/vitamins.....hopefully someone will advise!

jaykay987 Mon 21-Oct-13 21:43:06

I think it's up to you re vits. I worry my diet isn't varied enough so will probably try prenatal vits (once Ive finished my conception ones).
But Ive read some people struggle to take them if they are sick. So personal choice.

Mrsb - I cannot believe you haven't done a CB yet!! Do it do it! grin
I have to do another one tomorrow morning...as my one from yesterday had died already. And I need one to show DH tomorrow night! grin

MrsB2013 Mon 21-Oct-13 23:47:04

I've been taking the seven seas trying for a baby ones this month, so may take the pregnancy ones of that brand. I have heard the actual pregnancy ones can make you feel sick though hmm I eat healthy, I always cook from scratch, but I don't eat much fruit and veg! There's not many of them that I like!

I'm doing the CB in the morning then Thursday I'll do the other FRER!!

It still doesn't feel real at the moment. I burst into tears last night, think it was the shock of it, I didn't think it would happen as I was on the pill for 12 years and never had any accidents.

jaykay987 Tue 22-Oct-13 04:54:13

Good luck mrsb!

I just got 1-2 weeks again this morning. I wasn't really expecting it to go up - I was doing it again so I could share with DH tonight! Though....I last did a CB on Sunday. I wonder whether I should be worried or not.

Im now 4w+4 - so FX my HCG levels are doubling normally but just slight on the low side, hence the reading. I didn't show positive until dpo 15/16 anyway - so I guess Im a slow riser.

I've been doing frer every morning to try and see the line get darker. It's working so far grin but Ive run out so can't do one this morning. They should arrive in the post today, so I can do one tonight.

How'd you do?

jaykay you were up early!!! It will be so exciting to share your news with your dh!

mrsb The clear blue digi is fab! I have another one so I think I'll use it next week....just to see the weeks change!!

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 08:37:31

OMG it says 2-3 weeks!!

I thought it would say 1-2

Would it say 2-3 if I conceived exactly 2 weeks ago? I got my first peak opk (CB smiley face ones) on CD14 which was the 7th Oct?

I'll post this on the June thread later when I have more time, maybe I've got my cycle lengths wrong?

Yay!!! grin

I don't know about timings but its nice to be a little further on than you thought!

jaykay987 Tue 22-Oct-13 09:39:51

mrsb - I'm hoping the week indicator isn't too reliable.

I know when I ovulated as I was temping. So I know I'm 4w+4. However mine is reading 1-2 still.

I have referred to Dr Google and because peoples hcg levels are so different, apparently the test pregnant/not pregnant is 99% reliable, apparently the week indicator is much less reliable. So if I you I'd stick to your dates.

I'm trying not to worry my reading is lower than it should be.

jessieagain Tue 22-Oct-13 10:54:03

How exciting a July 2014 thread!! smile

Please could someone add me due date is 1 July.

mrsb I agree with jaykay about trusting your original dates. I'm sure the digital is only approximate and you've just gone 2 weeks po. Your scan will confirm your dates as well.

jessieagain Tue 22-Oct-13 10:57:53

I'm feeling better today, nausea has gone and bloating is much improved. Still for that stale, too much saliva feeling in the mouth though.

Am going to make the most of feeling well as you never know what lies around the corner. Still such early days!

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 12:23:57

Hey Jessie nice to see you on here!

Yes I will use my original date until a scan says otherwise!

I have noticed the last 2 days I've got a lot more saliva, and a horrible taste that I can't get rid of!

Do you think we should add the baby number to the list too? Are we all on our first?

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 12:24:48

July Due Dates

Jaykay - (27th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
Jessieagain - 1st
Spinningirl10 - 4th

jaykay987 Tue 22-Oct-13 13:01:38

yes. that's be good.

it's my first.

also I like it when people sign off with their progress...so you know how far along they are.
I know theres not many of us now but when people are almost a month apart I think it's useful!

4w+4

Hi Jessie

I also have that awful taste and saliva thing going on! I still feel sick constantly but no sickness so that's good!

This is my 3rd....I have a 17 year old dd and a 7 year old ds....I'll probably be the oldest one here at 41!!! It all seems new to me though with such a big gap between both of mine!

I was also 2 weeks late with them both....I was induced with my ds and had an emergency CS 48 hours later so need to chat to the midwife about what to do this time round!

3w+4 smile

Moochie01 Tue 22-Oct-13 16:37:06

Hi ladies,
Please can I join? Just got my BFP this morning, and on my birthday too!! smile I'm 31 and it will be our first baby.

Am so excited although quite nervous too. My husband is almost too shocked to even talk about it, we'd been trying for about 6 months and I think he can't quite believe it!

I've got 3 days/nights out planned this week because of my birthday, am going to have to learn how to make excuses about not drinking pretty quickly!!

Have worked out my due date is July 4th too! smile

Hi Moochie

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to you....what a fantastic present!!!

Same due date as me smile

My DP is so excited, it's his first and I know he'll make an amazing dad cause he's so good with my other 2.

Today he keeps texting me and telling me to take it easy and put my feet up!!

July Due Dates

Jaykay - (27th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
Jessieagain - 1st
Spinningirl10 - 4th
Moochie01 - 4th

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now