Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due in May 2014? The Maybies Roll On Together... Come Join Us!

(995 Posts)
ThePFJ Mon 07-Oct-13 21:49:56

New Thread!!!!

Update the stats here with your EDD's, Scan Dates and Baby Names!!
Maybies Stats Page

Settle down for cake, sympathy and lots of laughs! xxx

dobedobedo Tue 08-Oct-13 05:21:40

Yah new thread!

In other news, I've woken up with swollen glands, a sore throat and a headache. Ffs! I can't really take anything when I'm pregnant can I? Here's hoping it isn't flu before I've had a chance to get the jab. sad

Hi everyone. Stomach bug over here - can't keep water down atm - feel so sorry for you guys with ms! thanks to you all xx

Magpie78 Tue 08-Oct-13 06:36:06

Morning all! Wishing you all a good day.
Do not want to go to work anymore.........it interferes with my life!!

McRedHead Tue 08-Oct-13 06:44:56

what if we changed the order date is written? Put April 2nd etc rather than numbers then it will sort alphabetically with April first? Don't have time to check though...

FacebookStoleMyLife Tue 08-Oct-13 07:10:42

Oh Dob you poor thing, you can take paracetamol by the way with no worries. A couple of tablets the other night really helped with my headache. It might help you feel a bit more human. FX it's not the flu, perhaps just a sneaky 24hr bug.

And Jess too, get snuggled in bed and I hope it passes quickly for you too.

McRed I think you're right, if we change the formatting on the column to recognise the date format we're all using that should work. But I don't want to mess with it! It's such a great spreadsheet I know I'd screw it up if I tried.

Ah it's an ill thread today. Hope all who are feeling rubbish start to feel better soon.

Re the stats page I think that would work. Someone would need to change the date graph too, but that should be all? I'm working away these next 3 days so don't think I'll get the chance, but hopefully someone else can have a play with it before then.

Cupcake1985 Tue 08-Oct-13 07:46:08

Moomin seems to have my name suggestions on her thread now? I have relocated them back to my name smile off to work now still feeling tired and emotional as usual but still no ms so that's good as I have a busy week at work. Ho hum.

bushprincess Tue 08-Oct-13 08:01:22

Morning all! sorry Jess and Dob that you're feeling ill, how rubbish for you... and hugs to anyone else out there feeling under the weather...

Just been perusing the stats page - some LOVELY name suggestions ladies! DH and I have forbidden ourselves to even discuss names till 12 weeks... but that doesn't mean I've not got a sneaky list up my sleeve wink

PFJ you've got a scan booked in today according to the stats page - let us know what the news is!!

roll on first appointment tomorrow! can't wait!

Managed to get sunburnt swimming yesterday! summer has finally arrived here (but with afternoon thunderstorms as well which is fun)... You guys all had that lovely summer in the UK while I was FREEZING (well ok, a bit of an exaggeration, more like 3 degrees C) so definately my turn now - have decided at least it means I can cut out the Vit D tablets!!

Hope you all have a good day!

AliOh Tue 08-Oct-13 08:12:55

Hi everyone just checking in after a weekend off ... and on a shiny new thread too (really number 4 already?!)

So sorry to hear of the news from onefunkymama and bohemond sad so sad and hugs to you both.

Sorry to have a moan but I've had such an awful weekend. DPs working hours have been cut with absolutely no warning so we are both left wondering how on earth we will manage, I've been confined to the couch with only a sick bowl and water to keep me company and also think my cat is pregnant! Ah we'll hoping if I keep a positive head on then things will turn out ok one way or another (sigh).

Hope everyone is having a better day than me anyway smile

MasterFlea Tue 08-Oct-13 08:29:59

bushprincess I'm so envious of you just starting your summer. Ours was lovely and I miss it already.

I wonder if cats get morning sickness. congrats to Alioh's cat!

dobedobedo Tue 08-Oct-13 08:34:42

There's a cat joining the thread? Meow!

snoozysleeper Tue 08-Oct-13 08:56:11

Morning everyone

Hope mcred and dobe feel better soon!

alioh sorry to hear about your husband's work, I thought they had to give notice for that... Best to carry on being positive and fingers crossed it'll turn out ok. Congrats to your cat grin

wm3010 Tue 08-Oct-13 09:05:48

Morning all, thanks for the new thread. So sorry to see that some members have had bad news. Hope everyone else is managing ok despite symptoms/lack of!

Spirael Tue 08-Oct-13 09:39:59

Ahah, found you all! smile

My booking in appointment yesterday went well. It was mostly paperwork, really. My MW this time around is nice but seems a bit more by-the-book than my previous one. Not necessarily a bad thing!

Means that I'm now under instructions to get some vitamin D tablets, to report to the next Flu clinic and I'm down for the GTT since there's some age related diabetes in my family and my DD was relatively large, given that she was over 2 weeks early.

We also discovered that my blood pressure has dropped through the floor, which explains why I've been feeling quite so rubbish! I've now been told to drink more, increase my salt consumption (a little), get more exercise but try not to stand/move too quickly. Geeh...

At least my BMI was ok, and I was signed off without problem for a home birth! smile She also moved my due date to May 30th from her weird chart thing, but I'll stick with the 31st for now on the stats. We'll see what the scan dates me at.

I told my boss this morning, he was really sweet about it all. I also broke out the maternity trousers to try and stop the pressure on all the delightful bloating and reduce MS. Why didn't I do this sooner? I forgot how comfortable maternity clothing is!!

How is everyone else doing this morning?

BoogiesBunny Tue 08-Oct-13 10:48:20

Hi ladies without symptoms - just checking how you are feeling about things. I spent the last two days really worried about our little one, perhaps it wasn't helped by the sad news on the thread. Curled up on the sofa last night and felt sorry for myself - DH was amazing and has helped me out of the fog a bit. I'm banned from googling anything, and if I want to I am to ask him to do it. I do have some symptoms (the current one being all my spots!) but they are not constant and could be explained away. Being a worrywart and counting the days until the scan (3 weeks tomorrow). I know that the odds are that everything is fine and that I should be thinking how lucky it is to feel so well when so many, including a lot of you wonderful women, are suffering. And perhaps I won't feel so well later on and wish I was back here.

Ramble over.

thistlelicker Tue 08-Oct-13 10:55:31

I've had scans due to poor obstetric history as reassurance! I only had tender boobies !!£ I happy as long as no bleeding or server cramping x

BoogiesBunny Tue 08-Oct-13 11:11:56

Thanks thistle - I had a scan at 6+6 and everything looked just fine. But that seems like so long ago! I read somewhere that worrying during pregnancy is just an indication of how much you love your little one already.

bushprincess Tue 08-Oct-13 11:35:24

Hi boogies sorry you're finding the worry hard to cope with - but I also can't stop thinking I should be feeling more... all being well I'll get a scan tomorrow (9wks) and just can't wait to find out if everything is ok...

Trying to tell myself that the stats suggest about 70-80% of people experience MS so that should leave 20-30 of us ladies feeling ok - hopefully you, thistle and the rest of us symptom-free-ers are just part of that minority!!

gosh, just think how much we'll worry when the little beans actually arrive!!

bushprincess Tue 08-Oct-13 11:37:51

and spirael glad all was well with the booking in, at least the low bp has been spotted and you can start to do something about it and fx with the GTT - when will they do that for you?
and fx you get your home birth wish too!!

We should hear from PFJ in the next hour or so. smile

....about her scan.

NannyPlumForPM Tue 08-Oct-13 12:03:54

I hope it all went well for her!

My kumquat is annoying me today hmm I am irrationally angry at the little bean for churning up my tummy.

I suspect I will have more luck when it is an orange or some such.

So sorry bohemond sad This is quite an unlucky thread!

Chip86 Tue 08-Oct-13 12:25:32

So sorry to hear so many of you are ill get better soon thanks

ahlio congrats to your cat we will put her on stats thread hehehe lets us know her symptoms, sorry to hear about you DH work not what you need at the moment more stress

Last night i shouted at DH then cried because i shouted at him, he looked a bit confused then huged me and said maybe i was tried and should go to bed hehehe think he wanted to get rid of the crazy lady hehehe
Bum still hurts
Sat at work with trousers undone as more comfy blush

Chip86 Tue 08-Oct-13 12:27:28

9 weeks today yay an olive with hands and feet the size of a pea and my utirus is size of an egg wich is a bit disapointing as im so fat....

Spirael Tue 08-Oct-13 12:28:14

I think it'll be about 26 weeks, bushprincess. Just in time for my birthday... They didn't do one for me last time, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. Anyone else here had one before?

Hopefully you're nearly past the worst of the MS, NannyPlum. smile I found last time mine peaked at weeks 9-10 but then tailed off very quickly after that.

Only 6+3 here... Still got a way to go before MS is likely to ease up, unfortunately! Do you think my work/family/friends would mind if I hibernated for the next month and a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now