Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014 Bus for those with RMC issues

(409 Posts)

Hello everyone, welcome to our new hopeful but slightly paranoid bus!

NorahVanstone edd 6th June, 4 previous MC

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 06-Oct-13 07:46:06

Hello ladies,

May I join you please? I've only had one miscarriage and am not sure whether I qualify here...... But I think I'm going to have another miscarriage sad

Lucy, I hope that you had a fab birthday yesterday. How are you feeling now?

lucyfluff Sun 06-Oct-13 08:36:50

Hi London, I read your post on the other thread and wasn't sure to comment in there, how are you feeling? Are they checking hcg again? I'm so sorry it's such a horrible thing to go through.

I'm feeling a bit better today, had a lovely bday night out last night to take my mind off things. My bleeding has stopped which I didn't expect. Do you know if it's normal to have one day heavy and then stop? I posted in cm but no one replied as yet.

lucyfluff Sun 06-Oct-13 08:37:28

*mc

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 06-Oct-13 10:53:50

Hi Lucy, no they will not check my HCG levels again. They are giving me a scan on 18 October so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then..... I'll be a nervous wreck by then.

Not really sure what to make of your bleeding. When I miscarried the bleeding was v heavy and it carried on for 6 days or so. Did you have any clots?

It's great that you had a good birthday to take your mind off this. Are you intending to go back to your midwife? Would you accept a scan if they offered it to you?

lucyfluff Sun 06-Oct-13 11:39:38

Ahhhhhhh ok, so you have a little wait until then. I hope it's good news for you. Try not to worry about it and it may be due due different dates? Easier said than done I know but il keep fingers crossed for you smile

My bleeding was heavy Friday almost like AF with cramps, I had one teeny clot which may have been it? It was very small tho? Do you mind me asking how many weeks you were when you had a mc?

I'm just waiting until Friday to retest with digi and then ring gp. He said if it was still positive he would scan me. Well at 6 weeks which I should be about 5+4 then (if it's still there?)

Penguinita Sun 06-Oct-13 11:43:38

Hi girls, can I join you? I've been lurking on the June bus thread but too scared to join in case it jinxes things. So thank you so much for setting this thread up!

I'm 6+1 today, following an MC at 10 weeks in May. All seemed fine until then, although I never had very strong symptoms. Feeling nauseous this time round which I am seeing as a good sign, but not taking anything for granted. I got a 3+ on a clear blue digi on Thursday.

I've had my first midwife appointment already too! And booking in is next Friday. I seem to have fallen pg in a quiet patch so there is no long wait for appointments. She couldn't book me an early reassurance scan but told me to call EPU directly if any cramps or bleeding. So I will try and hold out as long as possible before I crack smile

lucy I have everything crossed for you. It is such a scary time flowers

TinyTear Sun 06-Oct-13 12:08:43

Hi, as i think i said somewhere, one of my friends who is 38 weeks had a couple of days of really heavy bleed and it seems it was twins but she lost one, but one is thriving and healthy...

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 06-Oct-13 12:17:09

Lucy, I had a scan at 6.5 weeks after a light bleed. They saw a sac but no embryo. I was told to go home and wait for nature to take its course. The miscarriage itself started at 8 weeks and it was v painful with lots of cramps & clotting.

Welcome Penguinita.

Tiny, that's reassuring to know.

lucyfluff Sun 06-Oct-13 12:33:33

Hi penguinita and thankyou smile good luck with your little bean.

That is reassuring Tiny thankyou, it's just so hard to know how much bleeding is too much.

...and London thankyou, it helps to speak to people who have been through it, obviously not a nice thing, but just trying to understand it helps talking on here.

I guess only five days and we will know for sure so will let you know. Xx

IBelieveInEngels Sun 06-Oct-13 12:47:32

Just popping over from the other June bus to say hi.

Good luck in Amsterdam PJ . I live in the Netherlands so if there's anything you want to know about ante-natal/pregnancy here then feel free to ask/pm me.

I don't know that much about views on elective cs here, so would ask mw as soon as you're here and registered. Lots of people have home births here but we went to a birthing centre based at a hospital instead. My ante and post natal care was great. Lovely mws and great kraamzorg for the week after birth (a lovely lady who came in and helped me with DS, breastfeeding, washing, washing-up, bring me lunch etc). Mostly paid for by our health insurance (we had to pay a small supplement but it wasn't much).

lucy keeping everything crossed for you.

I haven't joined the rmc bus (had one mc when trying for DC1) but will pop in from time to time to say hello I can barely keep up with one thread let alone two

Good luck everyone - here's to sticky beans wine (non-alcoholic of course)

tannyLoo72 Sun 06-Oct-13 15:18:13

Hey Lucy, I've been following your progress. Sorry you've been having such a difficult few days.

Your bleeding seems light, and I guess until you know for sure what's happening, you will convince yourself everything is fine or it's the end of the world depending on how much sleep, food, etc... (that might just be me! )

Both my MC were bloody, but one stopped and started over a fortnight, then I haemorrhaged and ended up in A & E. The other one was more straight forward, and started as a regular AF then got heavier and more clotty.

Both had big cramps when they actually happened, but then the pain eased off.

I hope you get some resolution soon, and it sounds like some family love is really helping.

I'm trying to stay hopeful, but also realistic that my chances are not as good as when I was 26!

On the DTD issue (took me a while to work that one out! ) both my MC bleeds started right after some vigorous action (TMI) so although I know it didn't cause it, I'm going to be a bit cautious until 6 weeks...

In the meantime, sickness, dizziness and tiredness are cooling any passion!

tannyLoo72 Sun 06-Oct-13 15:47:26

And now I realise that the DTD conversation was over on the June thread. Doh!

Penguinita Mon 07-Oct-13 18:38:06

Hi, how is everyone today? Has the bleeding stayed away lucy?

I've felt less sick today and my boobs don't hurt so much, which is a bit worrying. I can see I'm going to drive myself crazy with symptom spotting over the next few weeks... What symptoms has everyone else got?

lucyfluff Mon 07-Oct-13 18:49:01

Hiya! Well it had stopped this morning, and over the day its kind of like spotting, just had a pantyliner in. No pain etc. Still getting preg symptoms, very bloated, tired and waves of nausea but then again I could just be wishing it on me! Going to tesco tmrw to buy a digi for friday grin

Dont worry about the symptoms too much its such early days grin

LondonSuperTrooper Mon 07-Oct-13 20:35:40

Hi Pen, I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all. With my DS I had very tender boobs right from the outset. I'm 5+1 and hoping that the beanie is OK. I'm having a scan but not for another 12 blooming days.

Lucy, yay! I'm so pleased that your bleeding has stopped and all if your preg. signs are encouraging. I've got a CB conception indicater and I'm too scared to use it. Is that what you are buying tomorrow?

PJen Tue 08-Oct-13 01:46:15

Thank you for reaching out Ibelieveinengels!! I will bother you with questions. It's exciting but I am a bit freaking out as we are so settled here and so ready for this DC2 but have to pack and move, which is against my maternal I stingy now :S

How is everyone else? London? Lucy? Hopefully all bleedings have stopped and everyone is fine?

PJen Tue 08-Oct-13 01:47:37

Good luck London and Lucy with testing!!! I am anxiously waiting and praying for you!!!

PJen Tue 08-Oct-13 01:49:24

Oh phone changed "instinct" to "I stingy"!?!?

TinyTear Tue 08-Oct-13 06:47:42

Symptoms are dry mouth and feel so tired. Nothing else. Need to call the GP today to ask for an early scan as I don't think I can wait until mid November

With my daughter as I was under the RMC at St Mary's I was scanned at 6, 8 and 10 weeks

lucyfluff Tue 08-Oct-13 06:55:35

Yes going to get the indicator one London. Expensive but at least it will be accurate.

Penguinita Tue 08-Oct-13 07:52:44

Just to warn you that clearblue digitals are over 99% accurate on the pregnant/not pregnant indicator, but only 92% accurate on the timing. So they get it wrong nearly one time in ten, so don't rely on that too much! And perhaps buy a twin pack (cheaper than two singles when you panic and need another one!)

Mine said 2-3 at both 4+1 and 5+1 but 3+ at 5+5.

TinyTear Tue 08-Oct-13 08:30:26

as the CB digital went blank I decided to open mine up today, it had a battery, a mini chip and the two strips with strong lines, quite interesting, I think it just scans the lines and then passes it on to the display

Penguinita Tue 08-Oct-13 18:31:20

That's interesting tiny. Wish I hadn't chucked mine in the bin now!

TinyTear Thu 10-Oct-13 10:43:20

so are we all here getting early scans?
I will get one at 8 weeks and I am shitting myself... need to call to book it but i am so scared...

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 10-Oct-13 11:06:48

Tiny, I'm having an early scan next Friday - 8 more sleeps! I'm also very apprehensive but I need to get it done as I'm approaching the time when I was my pregnancy wasn't viable last time round.

BTW, are there any older mums on this thread? I'm 39 but will be 40 in November and have started thinking about antenatal screening. How about everyone else?

I'm seroiusly considering having the Harmony test done but need to keep it secret from DH as he just wouldn't approve hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now