Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

15 and pregnant with twins.... advice please?

(6 Posts)
AngryByrd Thu 31-Oct-13 17:48:17

Hi Mercy!

Not a teen mom either, but I have raised my younger twin siblings from birth (from when I was 8 actually) and I had my first child at 24.

I remember every moment of those first year with my sisters and we're sooo super close they live with me still (I'm 29 now and they are both 21). Our parents were super busy with their careers so I had the luck of making sure they survived day to day.

I was super super young to watch them but I actually loved it.

Welcome and congratulations! I'm not a mother at all, but I've been a nanny since my teens and I've looked after a set of twins for the last three years.

I can't offer you any pregnancy advice but that's what this board is for, and if you have any problems after the birth feel free to send me a message and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Asking for help is the first sign of a truly excellent mother.

ClaireB2518 Fri 18-Oct-13 21:19:48

Hi Mercy,
How are you doing? I'm not a teen mum either but twins are SO AMAZING . I agree with mummybearah, every thing happens for a reason. My twins are almost 18 months now smile rest as much as you can xx

mummybearah Fri 11-Oct-13 12:29:34

Hey Mercy!

I'm not a teen mum, but a young mum at 23 and pregnant with twins. Well done for making such a bold choice- everything happens for a reason so feel confident in your decision!

Message me if you fancy a chat with someone in a similar position! ;)

darkdays Mon 23-Sep-13 17:50:30

Congratulations, twins are such a blessing! smile I'm not a teen mum so can't offer much advice from that side of things. Do have twins though. Look after yourself well and get plenty of rest. They will make you smile every single day. It's great that you have support, I'm sure you'll do great. Hopefully somebody else will be along to help. Just wanted to say congrats and have faith in yourself.

youngandpregnant Mon 23-Sep-13 17:33:13

I'm Mercy, I'm pregnant with twins and I've decided to keep them, I'm going to be a single mom because the baby daddy dumped me when I was four months. I'm currently 20 wks pregnant with twin girls, my momma is going to help me out by babysitting while I attend school. I just need advice from possibly other teen moms or former teen moms. I don't need you telling me that I'm too young to be a mom right now and too give them up for adoption. I thought about it, but decided against it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now