Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2014 (earliest of early days yet!)

(1001 Posts)
wispaxmas Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:33

I decided to take a peek into the antenatal club threads, but there's no June thread yet, although for good reason.

I may be jinxing myself here, but after a couple very very faint positives on ICs for the last couple days I got a positive on an FRER this morning, so thought it would be safe to start one up.

Of course, still early days, but if it sticks my due date will be 3-5 June, depending on several websites.... What can I say, I tested early!

I hope someone comes to join me soon. There have to be some more recent BFPs....

wispaxmas Wed 25-Sep-13 17:25:41

I did another first response this afternoon and 2 days later the line is ridiculously strong grin

Glad to hear your isn't ectopic. I'm hoping the strengthening lines mean mine isn't as well.

Mixology Wed 25-Sep-13 20:13:05

Thank you all for the encouragement. I figure I'll try to be "good" from now on (no wine/saunas).

Tiny Tear and Little Miss do not stress about the bleeding. For general information when I started bleeding last time my doctor sent me straight to a private hospital in London where I had an internal scan. This was apparently able to verify that it was a mms even thou I was only 4-5 weeks. I had to pay for it, bit it was less than £100.

On the way home from work I bought a two pack of first response. Will take one tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed my line is darker. Congrats on your super dark line Wispa!

blargl Wed 25-Sep-13 21:32:17

Yes wispa did my 3rd frer this morning and loved seeing the line come up v strongly before the control line had started! Have had a sore back this afternoon but figure that given the good blood results everything must be ok today.

AuntPittypat Wed 25-Sep-13 23:15:02

Hi all, can I tentatively join you all? Got my BFP yesterday and dates suggest a due date of 7 June. I already have a 2 year old DD and I remember this early stage paranoia so well! It's horrible having to wait so long to find out that all is ok. Fingers crossed for us all!

TinyTear Thu 26-Sep-13 07:31:06

Hi Aunt. My daughter is 20 months old today so similar ages

wispaxmas Thu 26-Sep-13 09:23:28

Hi aunt!

Am I the only one in here with #1?

I'm obviously really hopeful and optimistic, but after having my sister have several miscarriages I know there's worry.

Hopefully we will soon be past this and on to dating scans and the like!

sizethree Thu 26-Sep-13 16:10:49

I am extremely tentatively joining in too. Tested early last week and got a faint line, and tested yesterday and the line has definitely got much darker. But I'm too worried to get excited yet as I am always hearing from friends when things go wrong. Also haven't confided in anyone yet as I am so worried. It's my first pregnancy and I'm just overwhelmed with fear that things may not run full term. Any advice to help me ease the stress?

AuntPittypat Thu 26-Sep-13 16:28:47

Hi sizethree, I guess something to bear in mind is that statistically you are much more likely to have a successful, healthy pregnancy than not. I think we tend to remember all the sad stories as they stick with us more, but actually the huge majority of women I know have had no problems. Plus, as someone upthread said, the statistics around miscarriages do seem relatively high, but they are slightly skewed by the sad case that some people experience it multiple times.

I know it's much easier said than done though, and I remember the sense of paranoia never quite disappearing during my first pregnancy until DD arrived (and brought with her a whole host of new, newborn related fears!).

I guess it's one of those things that unfortunately, other than following basic pregnancy advice, we ultimately have no control over so worrying serves no purpose other than stressing us out at a time when we really should be trying to stay stress free!

Sorry for the rambling. I hope that makes some sense!

sizethree Thu 26-Sep-13 17:31:03

Thanks AuntPittypat. That is comforting. I think the surge of horemones is also affecting my ability to be rational! Plus I am feeling every darn symptom under the sun! Just need to plough through these tough few weeks with my fingers crossed and a whole lot of hope and positivity! X

TinyTear Thu 26-Sep-13 18:03:37

Welcome sizethree. I was the one who said I skew the statistics. The vast majority of women are fine!
In fact, I miss the loss of innocence. Enjoy!
X

Mixology Thu 26-Sep-13 20:26:44

Wispa, I'm on number 1 too and feeling much more positive now that my fr line is much darker today. I've even tentatively made an appointment with my GP for the week after next!

x

sizethree Thu 26-Sep-13 21:41:00

Thank you TinyTear. I hope things are going smoothly for you this time. X

wispaxmas Thu 26-Sep-13 21:59:15

Glad I'm not alone in being new to this, mixology! I've got a GP appointment booked for Monday morning, but I'm not sure it necessary.. Although it should be good to go over the medications I'm on and how appointments will go we me being abroad.

And I've just come down with a cold. Just my luck that the week I find out I'm pregnant I get a cold, and also the day we've gone away! Hopefully I can just relax and not do much, though. We had planned to go for some long country walks, but might have to adapt our plans...

TheMoonInJune Thu 26-Sep-13 22:17:42

Hello! Cautiously peeping in - I JUST tested (about 20 minutes ago) and I had a faint line ... AF wasn't even due until Tuesday.

EDD of June 11th.

I'm made up, but terrified as well. This is my first baby so I'd be so happy for advice on what to suggest! x

TheMoonInJune Thu 26-Sep-13 22:19:45

Sorry!

Advice or suggestions on what to expect!

AuntPittypat Thu 26-Sep-13 22:34:51

Congrats TheMoonInJune! thanks

TheMoonInJune Thu 26-Sep-13 22:40:48

Thank you!

bludgerwitch Thu 26-Sep-13 22:46:43

Yay, congrats Moon - we're getting more members!!!

I have a GP appointment tomorrow morning, I have a whole list of questions, I've tried to curb the too enthusiastic/silly ones, I'm a bit nervous.

Shattered now, 8 hour shift and Adam Hills gig afterwards, it was fab but now I need my bed!

TinyTear Fri 27-Sep-13 06:47:44

for the first timers, a GP appointment is good as it will get you in the system, then you will get your midwife booking in appointment where they will fill out lots of forms and give you some paperwork you will need to carry with you all the time during pregnancy... and also do blood tests... you will be doing lots of blood tests in pregnancy... you learn to embrace you own inner pin cushion...

And for me, so far so going ok (I refuse to use the word good until I have a scan)

I think my milk supply is reducing as my daughter (still bf before bed and morning) accepted a little cup of milk before bed last night. but then still wanted the lovely milky cuddles for comfort to fall asleep...

TheMoonInJune Fri 27-Sep-13 06:57:19

I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep!

I am a bit worried though. I tested last night with a First Response test and got a pale but definite line. I tested this morning expecting the line to be stronger but although its still there, it is paler and weaker than the one yesterday if anything.

My AF wouldn't be due until Tuesday at the earliest so it is early to be testing (I was impatient!) but I am a bit worried now.

gimmetea Fri 27-Sep-13 07:41:11

Morning ladies, got a bfp yesterday. A bit of a surprise but a very happy accident. have a 3yr old and 2 yr old already so have my hands full! Fingers crossed to us all having healthy pregnancies!

bludgerwitch Fri 27-Sep-13 08:14:24

Moon, I tested Friday before my period was due and the line was very faint, and even now on my cheapies while it's definitely there, it's not nearly as dark as the control line.

But I did a digital last week that showed 1-2 weeks and I did a digital this morning and it's showing 2-3 weeks, so I think everything is progressing normally. Remember, most people (who aren't loons like us!) only test a few days after AF is due!

GP appointment in 40 minutes, wibble....

wispaxmas Fri 27-Sep-13 08:23:24

Welcome, moon and gimmetea!

Tiny, glad to know a GP appt is what I should be doing, I'm a bit clueless to be honest.

All of you who've been pregnant before, what would you suggest for the common cold? I've got a stuffy nose and sore throat and they always last 10+ days for me! and the thought of facing a 7-day work week while handing over everyone to a replacement before I leave without medication is making me want to cry. Will see if hot water with lemon and honey is soothing, sit in the bathroom with a hot shower on, but any other suggestions?

TinyTear Fri 27-Sep-13 08:40:11

Paracetamol is ok - but plain paracetamol - not lemsip or anything...

No ibuprofen in the first or third trimestres

sizethree Fri 27-Sep-13 15:00:51

Hi Moon, how did the appointment go?

This thread is not accepting new messages.