Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - Are we neary *there* yet?!

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 25-Aug-13 18:39:46

Welcome, welcome, sit down, put your feet up.

<Rolls out gym balls and hands round Gaviscon>

Spreadsheet here

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:06:56

Last...

roxvox Tue 03-Sep-13 10:06:51

pinkforboys jellyCurls I had a very vivid dream last night that I gave birth to a little girl, she had to go into intensive care (but for some reason DH and I weren't at all worried). Whilst she was in care DH sold our new car to buy a more 'girly' coloured one (the car we have just bought is grey) and I was more upset with him about that than I was about my newborn baby being whisked away straight after the birth. Very strange!

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 10:06:41

Thanks roxvox

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 10:05:21

And yes roxvox I mentioned dribbling - it's so bad I'm sleeping on a muslin (see they do have a million uses!)

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 10:04:28

Well good bye thread it's been a pleasure

roxvox Tue 03-Sep-13 09:58:19

I have started a new thread using Jellycurls title suggestion - here

Wickedgirl Tue 03-Sep-13 09:53:42

Bloody insomnia is really pi**ing me off now.

Can't get to sleep until after midnight, wake up between 1 and 2 for the toilet and at 4am I'm wide awake. Seriously, how can my body think that at 34+6 that's enough sleep? I am so ready for this baby to come now because I know that even with breast feeding, I will get more sleep than I'm currently getting. hmm

JellyCurls Tue 03-Sep-13 09:45:36

I had a dream when I was very early in pregnancy that I went into labour while at a funeral, had just found out a work colleague was ill so must have been on my mind.

I got a message yesterday to tell me they had passed away and the funeral is on Thursday and now I am in a panic in case my dream was right. DH rightly thinks I am insane but I am in a panic just in case. Why does pregnancy make us so irrational?

Possible Thread title:- October 2013 - swollen hands, puffy feet and we all need a decent sleep

Feeling really good today. No annoying pregnancy niggles so off onto town for lunch with my sister, a friend and het toddler son.

Dp came ho.e last night with some hats and cardigans that a lovely women in his office had knitted and she's you going to knit some more apparently so I'll try and resist the urge to buy any more baby clothes today.

A women who I got speaking to on a fallots tetralogy forum had her baby son yesterday. 8lb 4oz. I'd been lead to believe that babies with heart defects were small. He's been having 4 hourly checks but all is well so far.

Morning thank you for all the advice re cs!
I think the dislike for ecv with an anterior is abruption nat
mon had to lol at the someone doing the washing up in your tummy smile
Hi dobedoo there are lots of us around the same date I'm the 29th of sep
pseudo and shire lovely names no need to wobble
mon I mentioned to say sorry for your dd I have personal experience. Of this I hope she gets all her hurt out at counselling Bullying effects for so long sad

My scan is today at 2.20 so hopefully I will know more soon!

Pinkforboys Tue 03-Sep-13 09:24:49

Morning Ladies, I'm taking a break from lego-making to help get to the end of this thread...
Anyone else having really vivid dreams? Last night I ended up naked on a beach after clubbing with DH, couldn't work out where my clothes were but had a fine tan mark on my but showing I'd been wearing a suspender belt (!) We were wondering around Regent St, me completely starkers asking DH if he could try to find me some clothes or lend me his jacket. I remember feeling alternately liberated and embarrassed.
Could I be preparing myself for baring all to the midwife in 6 weeks??

Loving the baby names xx

roxvox Tue 03-Sep-13 09:19:27

I have remembered something that someone said on here whilst I was on holiday - something about dribbling more in their sleep? I have been doing that more recently. Not sure if it is pregnancy related mind you!

3 more days of work and I cannot wait to finish. My back is absolutely killing me whenever I am sat down - anyone else have a bad upper back?

shire I think Gabriel is a lovely name, and same goes for Caoimhe pseudo. I went to school with a girl called Caoimhe and I loved her name. She had a brother called Caolan too which I also really liked.

I know everyone thought another baby would be born in this thread's life, but with just over 10 more posts left in this thread I am not so sure! Any new thread title ideas?

roofio87 Tue 03-Sep-13 08:58:30

umlauf im feeling the same, had to start mat leave already and am definitley going to be bored, I'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks of peace and quiet but I'm just too excited for baby to arrive now!!
im 35+4 today and baby's movements are starting to feel very uncomfortable and painful now he's getting so big and strong! ! especially when he wiggles his head on my bladder!! im pretty sure he's head down as that's where I feel all his hiccups!!
My best friend has bought some beautiful material bunting that spells out our chosen baby name so there can be no wobbles from us haha!!

Umlauf Tue 03-Sep-13 08:49:04

Eek we got to the end quickly again!

Glad to see you flyer and hope you had a lovely time at the wedding, you looked gorgeous! Thanks for liking my boots, I got them in brand alley in the end, they were the last pair, in my really common size (6) and only £60 so I thought it would be too good to be true and the order would be cancelled, but they've been despatched today! Now I'm hoping against hope that my swollen feet will actually decrease in size after the birth. I had narrow feed before so a little more width wouldn't be the end of the world, but no more length please!!!

shire I still really love Gabriel, its not overly unusual, I know 2, but obviously isn't as usual as Matthew. I would say Lawrence and Gabriel are equally usual/unusual?! I think the angels all had beautiful names, Raphael, Michael, obviously my own baby name contender Lucifer grin wink !!

pseudo I really like Caoimhe, more so that Saoirse I think. I also really like Una Healys baby name, Aoife. I think wobbles are normal at this stage as we are getting so close!

Hi doobee we are due date buddies, 36+1 are we on now? I also think I will give birth in October, I'm actually convinced it will be an induction at 42 weeks.

I am so BORED of being pregnant. Anyone else? Not working, not physically able to do much at all, still really hot here. I feel like I've become a hermit! I'm trying to keep myself busy with tasks but I've done all my batch cooking and the house is (for the first time ever) spotless. Today I'm making these for the baby's room. He is going to have a reading corner, despite the inevitability that we will have moved long before he can read! Has anyone got any other ideas for keeping busy?

claphammama Tue 03-Sep-13 08:14:10

33 weeks today.

pseudo I really like Caoimhe (although despite 17 years in the UK didn't know how to pronounce it until you told me) - it's beautiful though. I find Irish names really lovely and romantic. And shire I love Gabriel - it's a bit unusual but not super unusual (I know two Gabriels). I think this is what makes it special - unusual but normal.

orange I'm working from home today looking after DS... from experience, not sure how it's going to work. He will probably drive me mad being stuck at home and I anticipate plenty of TV / computer time for him... bad mummy... bloody school!!

warlin happy birthday to your DP! hope you both have a lovely day and he enjoys his birthday lunch. Mine left to go to work half an hour ago. They have a big management offsite this week and he needs to present so probably the most stressful day he could have asked for for his birthday... hoping he will be able to at least come back home tonight and get out of his work dinner and yes, he is still expecting a home made cake... thank you for all your lovely recipes ladies! I AM going to give it a try! just have to choose which one now!

about sleep... don't get me started. And, likewise, I didn't have any similar problems with the first pregnancy. Quite the contrary - I slept like a log!

and hope all the naughty babies who are still breech will turn soon. fingers crossed!

SeriousStuff Tue 03-Sep-13 07:56:23

chick I'm 34+4. I've made DH track his journey so he will hopefully know instantly the best and quickest way back if something does happen.

Pseudo DH and I had a similar wobble a fortnight ago. We decided on a name around the end of April but I suddenly started questioning it...to the point of going back through the baby name book and drafting a new list. In the end, we decided to stick - the baby will make the name and I guess we could be searching forever. But it might all change once it arrives!

doobeedee Tue 03-Sep-13 07:50:45

Hi everyone. I was on the first thread then got really busy at school with Ofsted etc and stopped posting. I have been checking in occasionally but it will take me a while to remember what everyone is up to! My official due date is Sept 30th but I know that it should actually be more like the 4th Oct due to charting. I'm back at school for two weeks but not teaching. Bloody good job as I was knackered last night after just the training day! And the school is still blooming boiling!

JellyCurls Tue 03-Sep-13 07:47:37

Just looked back at the first thread, how far we have come and what a year we have all been through. Also sadly counted and this is thread 16, goodness we can all chat.

Now to get on with something important like getting a shower and DD ready for school. Hope you all have a lovely day today x

Natalieand Tue 03-Sep-13 07:38:45

Sorry I think I miss worded my post, dd returns too school tommorow, and my scan and consultant appt is tommorow too xxx

Thanks pseudo. I know we are very lucky to get such long holidays and shouldn't grumble really! I actually slept ok for the first time in ages after faffing about until midnight. Usually I don't sleep well the night before going back to school. Thanks body! I think a long bath may have helped, though it was agony getting in and out or pulling myself up from underwater. Thanks for whoever suggested that.

Good luck Nat.

I know a Gabriel. Not super unusual.

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 07:29:30

Two new babies have just started at ds's childminder Shire - Gabriel and Rafael! How angelic grin
I like Gabriel smile

PseudoBadger Tue 03-Sep-13 07:27:57

Have a good scan Nat! And I hope all the teachers enjoy their last few days/weeks at work.

Shirehobbit Tue 03-Sep-13 07:24:57

Good luck with today's scan, Natalie.

There's a wobble here too, Pseudo - DH wants to discount Gabriel as he thinks it falls into the too unusual (like his) bracket sad but it's my current favourite.

Back to school (work) properly today. Will be odd not to be preparing for teaching classes for the first time in over ten years!

Natalieand Tue 03-Sep-13 07:20:57

Sorry pseudo I cross posted with u, Caoimhe is a very pretty name, why r u having a wobble about it? It seems lots if people r having names wobbles...I don't even have a name chosen to have a wobble about but u will probly find if u do change it u will un-doubtedly revert back to it by the time she is born x

Natalieand Tue 03-Sep-13 07:17:55

Morning all, seriously how many times can one woman pee in a night? My problem isn't that I can't sleep but I'm up every 90 minutes to wee so it never feels like I've had a chance to properly fall asleep inbetween wee's. back to pre school for dd tommorow and also have the consultant and another growth scan too look at the baby's head and then I think the countdown will begin for me at 34+2 as I am hoping to deliver a little earlier than 40 weeks (wishful thinking I no)

Have a good day every one :-) xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.