Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Just Shagging Grads Fred 8! Roll up, roll up, all Viroids welcome!

(1000 Posts)

Just Shagging Grads, here is your shiny new Fred!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw plenty of births and we've got loads of new Grads to add to the mix. Bring on the TMI posts, the midnight moans, the birthwatches and the pom poms!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 17th thread.

Butterytoast Mon 28-Oct-13 17:20:10

Fecks sake!! Baby brain is kicking in! That message was supposed to be on the just shagging 18 thread..

Hello hello!

blondies, so you're next? <tags you and waddles runs away>

Now 30 weeks, and starting to really feel it. So much slower and heavier than I was!
DH is in hospital at the mo, having his appendix out (unexpectedly), which is... fun. At least I still have 10 weeks to go, I guess, could have happened much later and been a total bloody trainwreck!

How's everyone doing?

kitten how is it, Just Mumming? Are you enjoying it? grin

Hi ya, I had baby boy yesterday morning at 8.04am weighing in at 8lb2oz! Name still to be decided, bit of a shock after 2 DD's! He is very scrummy and so far being very chilled will post more soon but need to get some zzzzzzz's grin

roodles84 Tue 29-Oct-13 17:09:19

Yay congratulations blondies!

BobaFetaCheese Thu 31-Oct-13 22:18:18

Congratulations again Blondies!!

Congratulations mightily!

Humpty, cannot believe you're 30 weeks. Craziness! Have your leggings arrived yet?

BTW, name changer Gary's Teeth here. DS2 is 3 months old already and I'm enjoying 2 under 2!

fifi669 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:36:34

Cautiously sticking my head in the door. Only 4 weeks, don't want to jinx myself....

Boba/GBT yes. FINALLY grin - and they're now a bit small already grin

I'm SO GLAD I waited nearly five weeks for them.

I can't believe I'm 31 weeks now! Who's up next? I am pretty okay - bit of back pain, peeing ALL THE FECKING TIME, but essentially okay. How is Just Mumming 2 under 2? Are you exhausted? I hope you're enjoying.

fifi congratulations! Welcome! <plumps cushions> Come in and sit down.

Oh, and came on to say congrats blondies again, but forgot. Of course. Like the other day when I stood up to go over to my colleague's desk to get something. Four times. And still couldn't remember what it was.

My colleague's desk is about 4 steps from mine. hmm

PrincessKitKat Thu 07-Nov-13 09:07:18

Hey how is everyone doing?! It's very quiet in here... Hopefully we're all either feeling great and getting on with things or snuggling new babies smile

Had an impromptu Doppler sesh with the MW yesterday following 24h of no movement after being pretty active. It was so nice to hear Baby K flub-dubbing away. Everything crossed for the 20 week scan on 21st now!

Does anyone have any advice/ strong feelings about finding out the sex? I'm torn between killer curiosity & wanting that 'it's a...' moment after my hard work!!

fifi669 Sat 09-Nov-13 11:15:09

I found out with DS. People say don't you want a surprise? I think a baby appearing and becoming a mum was enough of change, so I wanted to be a little prepared.

Now with this coco pop, DP and I are just too impatient not to find out! That's a long 15 weeks away though!

ZingWantsGin Sun 10-Nov-13 01:01:05

hello all, I just found this Fred, graduating from Just Shagging!

Due on 14th July (provisionally)

BobaFetaCheese Sun 10-Nov-13 07:48:35

Congrats Zing, no wonder you were so keen to get the [gin]!

Princess, I didn't find out with ds1 and it was lovely
Found out with ds2, and aside from being easier to plan (2 lads so knew to buy ds1 more expensive clothes so they lastes 2), it was an anticlimax finding out, wish we didnt.
If we had a 3rd I wouldnt find out.

If someone was struggling to bond with being pg, I'd recommend they find out.
For me it was like seeing your present before Xmas and then trying yo act enthused on Xmas morning!

ZingWantsGin Sun 10-Nov-13 08:59:02

Boba grin

more like no wonder I don't drink! wink

started to feel a bit icky. oh boy, not happy about that!

ZingWantsGin Sun 10-Nov-13 09:00:48

oh and I'm definitely going to find out this time! we have boxes of baby clothes, boys and girls'stuff and I want to be organized.

July seems so far away!

fifi669 Sun 10-Nov-13 09:54:43

July IS ages away! I'm due the 10th and wish I could at least fast forward to the 12 week scan so I know everything is ok. I'm 12 weeks Boxing Day, do you think they'll get me in before or after Christmas?

ZingWantsGin Sun 10-Nov-13 10:57:55

hmm, that is a good question fifi it depends on so many things!

have you been to GP yet?
s/he will get the ball rolling, contacting hospital etc. and you'll get two dates in the post, one is date of booking in appointment with midwife, one is the 12 weeks scan (aka dating scan)

if nothing comes through (remember, mail flow is crazy slow before Christmas) call the hospital no later then 10 weeks just to confirm that you are booked in for a scan.

you get a date for anytime between 11-13 weeks pg.

I'm not even 5 weeks yet, so will re-test this week then will see GP towards the end of the month.
I need time to digest this a bit more, before I can say it out loud to anyone in RL (apart from DH of course)

ZingWantsGin Sun 10-Nov-13 11:00:06

I told DH yesterday that we have 8 months to pull ourselves together and properly sort out the mess in the house.

the countdown has begun! grin

PrincessKitKat Sun 10-Nov-13 12:04:18

I had my 12-week at 11+4 do hopefully they will sneak you in fifi - I got the letter quite quickly after my booking appointment so fingers crossed you'll know soon.

It was the longest 8 weeks or do of my life waiting to see our bean & hoping everything was ok, but it's flying now. Going to see a MW led unit this afternoon - exciting!

fifi669 Mon 11-Nov-13 00:07:42

In my area you don't see the GP. You ring them to let them know incase of issues with medications etc they may give you and that's it. I rang the local children's centre and have my booking in appointment the 29th.

ZingWantsGin Wed 13-Nov-13 08:28:10

morning all

just re-tested, definitely BFP.
I can't quiet believe that #7 is on the way.

I am incredibly tired. everything else is fine

fifi669 Wed 13-Nov-13 20:20:29

Weren't you tired with six anyway????

I remember trying to stop myself falling asleep at my desk last time, can't remember when that kicked in. 6 weeks and nothing yet.

ZingWantsGin Wed 13-Nov-13 20:42:40

fifi

well, precisely - so it makes no difference! grin

I'm still ok, although the evening can't keep my eyes open thing has started.
and I have started not wanting to eat tomatoes (love them, so it's awful) and wanting to eat lots of cottage cheese.
and fresh black pepper on anything.

I don't know when to go to GP.
As soon as I do it's official, so the later I go the "less" I have to wait till the scan, officially - if that makes sense.
but if I leave it too late and get an app that I need to change, I might not get a suitable app..

I need to get bedtime sorted.
MrZing is away till Friday and I'm not motivated.

roodles84 Fri 15-Nov-13 19:23:02

I'm 19 weeks today and tired all the time. It's become regular practice for me to have a nap for an hour when I get home from work, just so that I can make it through to bed time.
Last weekend, I even had a nap between breakfast and lunch! (I still had another nap in the afternoon).

Looking forward to the next scan a week on Monday - I haven't definitely felt the little one move yet, so I can't wait to see it again.

ThePollyAndTheIvy Thu 05-Dec-13 21:59:45

Zing! BroodyTroody here smile

Congratulations! How have I only just found this thread?! I'm now very excited!

I'll introduce myself properly, currently 16+4 with DS1, looking forward to getting to know everyone... So glad I've found this!

ThePollyAndTheIvy Thu 05-Dec-13 22:04:30

It's been so long since the JSing Fred that I can't remember if I've seen names from there or other freds, so apologies if I haven't realised, just give me a nudge! thanks

This thread is not accepting new messages.