Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - thread 3....Boy can we chat!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstoneshasasouredpebble Thu 01-Aug-13 21:09:36
JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 23:03:14

Grrrrrrrr Ffs bloody MIL sandwich dropper wakes me up again!!! Ahhhhhhh! Every nite for 2 weeks solid! She must know when im going bed and do it on purpose. Vearies between 10.45 - 12.00. Enough is enough having a word tomorrow. Would I be being unreasonable?

Pramela, I've been feeling murderous today. Bloody hormones.

JK, it's about time you had a stern word.

JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 23:10:42

Thanks lyra! Any advice much appreciated!!

lamb I've always thought 12 weeks end of first, 13-26 2nd and 27th-40th third. That's how I've always known it? Maybe they do it different elsewhere? So do they classify 14 weeks where u are? It's interesting to hear that.

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 23:12:04

JK10, please, please, please start a threat in Chat or AIBU. Your MIL needs headbutting <offers>

Pretty sure 12 weeks is the start of the second trimester.

JK, just tell her that her behaviour is a bit strange and she often wakes you up so could she please desist.

JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 23:32:08

pram u are amazing! Fab idea!! I'm fuming and so bloody tired but too awake now seething with anger that just can't sleep!! I'm sure her behaviour isn't normal is it? Just woken DP who was asleep downstairs to tell him! (he sleeps through anything!) He was so why'd u wake me?! Your out of order! I'm like 'stop your mother from making u bloody sandwiches then!!' or I'll wake u everytime like she does me!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

Sorry guys, promise to try stick to pregnancy topics!

JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 23:36:06

Thanks lyra that's a very diplomatic way of doin it! Thing is I made a joke of it a few mths back saying you really don't need to make your son a packed lunch anymore, I'm sure he can manage now he is 36!! Or if he can't then I can teach him!! But she still does it!! Need to go for the firm approach!!

Was that pregnancy related?! Ooops.

MummyPig24 Fri 02-Aug-13 00:42:08

JK you need to lay down the law. If she must make a lunch can't she bring it at a reasonable time?

Ds has had me up already with a nosebleed and then needing a drink and his leg hurting?! I said "I am not doing this again tonight. I need to sleep. If you close your eyes you can sleep too. Don't wake me up again unless you have a nosebleed."

It takes me ages to wind down and fall asleep again.

thecakeisalie Fri 02-Aug-13 07:04:27

Good morning everyone. My 2yr old was up bang on 6am as usual despite having a late night cause we had to pick dh up from the train station - that'll teach me for being hopeful he might sleep late for a change!

JK - I missed that one so does your mil let herself into your house to drop off a packed lunch for her 36yr old son?? Sounds absolutely bonkers!! I can understand why that would drive you mad.

JK10 Fri 02-Aug-13 07:49:48

mummy so u had another bad night too, it no fun is it? Makes the next day so hard to cope with.

cake she doesn't come into my house but drives up parks outside then sneaks around the driveway and puts them in his van. But I have my windows open at night and hear the double clicking of the van unlocking, the van door opening, her messing around putting the lunch in, door slamming, relocking, the van lights flash again when this happens! Her engine ticking over and off she goes!! It's madness! I hear noises on my drive and automatically wake and check it out!! ESP as there have been car/van break in.'s lately. The fella opp had all his tools nicked. So really why would a 67 yr old want to do that sooo late at nite or even at all!! I saw her yesterday on my next doors driveway! I shouted out what are u doing! She said oh oh I can hear a baby crying! I'm like yeah there is a newborn a few doors down you probAbly woke it! my neighbour is 90 years old and I should think it would worry him to see someone on his drive! Last week she was crouched on the floor oft drive next to his van! Not only that but I don't like the thought of her listening outside to what's occuring in my house!!! thanks for letting me moan about it ladies!! I'm pleased that some of u agree so I don't feel so mean!

What a storm this morning! Had cooled the air down, thank goodness! Hope everyone else's nights were ok.

lumpylumps Fri 02-Aug-13 08:06:21

I'm going on holiday a week on Saturday lambchop (my predictive text wants to change your name to kangaroo!!) I'll be 10 weeks. My friend flew to Turkey at 9 weeks and that was a pregnancy following mc. And I also flew to Miami at 14 weeks with ds1.

I've looked it up and unless you've been I'll or ad any major problems you're fine to fly. They ground airline staff because flying over and over again can cause problems but one trip is fine.

I will be wearing the sexy flight stockings tho because it does slightly increase the risk of dvt.

lumpylumps Fri 02-Aug-13 08:12:12

jk10 your mil sounds crazy. Why does she have a key to the van???

Souredstoneshasasouredpebble Fri 02-Aug-13 08:13:14

DH has stopped talking to me and is sulking because I'm refusing to test for downs at any point. He's adamant a downs baby should be aborted, I'm adamant it shouldn't. So he's sulking.

Wonder how long he can keep it up for. I'm rather liking the peace and quiet

stephie101 Fri 02-Aug-13 08:28:02

Cheers guys its reassuring.... Pram Yes i know that one...i think i would be too wink ..its difficult to know what to do, but have reduced anyway..

thecakeisalie Fri 02-Aug-13 08:30:09

JK - Wow yep that is bonkers I feel for you! Why on earth she thinks he needs his lunch packed up for him at that age! Defiantly need to knock that on the head somehow? You know it makes me glad we live over 4hrs away from the pil's!

Soured - I won't be having the tests either because ultimately they can only narrow it down to 1 in 4 chance with the blood test & scan then after that its the amnio test with a 1% risk of miscarriage. I personally couldn't risk having an amino and like you I wouldn't abort a baby with downs. I'm pretty sure they would be able pick up signs for other conditions like Edwards Syndrome on the anomaly scans. I don't want to be deemed high risk, refuse the amnio then spend the whole pregnancy worrying!

IceNoSlice Fri 02-Aug-13 08:31:46

Morning all, checking in on thread number 3!

Someone asked who has the first 12 week scan. Well I have 15 August, and I think a couple of others do too? Anyone earlier?

Today is my last day of maternity leave. Feeling quite emotional. DS is being a little love and playing with his megabloks while I lounge on his bean bag drinking tea. We've come such a long way baby! <wells up>

Rockchick1984 Fri 02-Aug-13 08:40:01

Ugh, dry retching all morning so far - at least with actual sick I feel like I'm doing something productive!!!

Ice good luck for going back to work, are you planning to return to work after this little bean or will you give up work and stay at home? I love being a SAHM even though finances are tight!

Soured I'm not having any tests - there are far worse disabilities which can't be picked up by scan, and I know that whatever % they gave me I'd be worrying about being that 1 in 250,000 or whatever!

MTBMummy Fri 02-Aug-13 09:45:57

Morning all - I'm off ill today, I had to leave the office yesterday afternoon and come home as I kept feeling like I was going to pass out, I've managed to get an appointment for this morning, so will see what the GP says.

feeling slightly less nauseous thanks to a slow start (not rushing to catch an early train) and a couple of extra hours in bed.

It's amazing that we're on thread 3 already

kakey19 Fri 02-Aug-13 09:47:27

hi im currently 6 weeks pregnant and due 26th march so hope you dont mind me jumping in on here smile I also wont be having any of the tests for downs or anything else grin been reading through all your threads you certainly have a lot to talk about grin

MTBMummy Fri 02-Aug-13 09:52:21

Hi Kakey - welcome, and congrats is this your first one?

rosyryan Fri 02-Aug-13 10:04:27

Hi Kakey, I'm due 23rd March so we are at about the same stage.

Postman has just been and still no booking in date. Grrrr.

Coolhand Fri 02-Aug-13 10:39:46

Morning all!

JK10 your MIL is just plain crazy!

I'm 15th Aug as well as Ice - not sure about others.

So I am now 9+5 - last time round, I was having to adjust my clothes at this stage and make an effort to hide my belly. This time round, not really. I get a bit more bloated before bed but it's not that bad. My stomach muscles were in much better condition before my last pregnancy so this is again freaking me out slightly. Anyone else at my stage not having much of a belly?

samsmother Fri 02-Aug-13 10:53:16

Good morning everyone I'm just re marking my place here! I haven't posted since 9th July and wow so much has moved on, I mean, 3 threads already?! I have spent time reading through everything though so am up to speed, congrats to all those who have had their BFP and so sorry for those who have had to leave this bus :-(.

For those that remember I wasn't in the best place over my last posts, this is a shock pregnancy, my personal circumstances couldn't be worse, ad I wasn't taking the news too well. FW a few weeks, my circumstances are still the same but I'm no longer crying over the thought of being pregnant so have moved forward in some sense. I feel particularly guilty because so many people struggle to get pregnant ( from experience i know we did with my wonderful DS) and a friend had a MC whilst I was feeling very fragile but hey, now I just have to move forward.

I'm feeling crap most days and spend most of my days feeling or being sick. The tiredness and dizziness seems to have passed. I have a horrid horrid taste into mouth tht I can't shift and have lost 7lb as my appetite isn't really what I'm used to but am guessing it means all is progressing well which sI good as my friends MC made me realise I would be very upset If things went wrong. I have my booking in on Monday :-)

OwlinaTree Fri 02-Aug-13 11:06:35

Hi can I join in? I'm due on 8th match at mo. First scan on 20th Aug. V. Nervous as this is my rainbow baby, and I've been told I can have a section at 38 weeks.

Constantly starving! I've also been told my platelet count is very slightly high, so that is being monitored too.

This thread is not accepting new messages.