Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - wobbling and sweating through the last trimester

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 13:48:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

Tarlia Wed 24-Jul-13 16:41:33

Urg, although I feel like a hot sweaty lump, especially as I have to lay around. I'm so pleased not to have to deal with all of that bleeding and keeping a tiny newborn cool in this weather!

legally kept meaning, but forgetting until after I posted, to say: fantastic that your bp has gone down now!

Nat what did MW say about your urine and how was shopping?

Wickedgirl Wed 24-Jul-13 16:47:46

Thank you for the lovely, new thread.

I remember still bleeding at my 6 week check but it wasn't much by then (thankfully)

I have had my bags packed for months and all of the babies things were also washed and ironed months ago. It is just a waiting game now.

We moved house 4 days before my 3rd was born.......it was horrible not being able to find everything straight away. I did keep my notes and bags in the car though so I knew I had the important stuff with me

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:49:26

I bled for ages! At least 8 weeks. Dreading that this time

And the awful sweats sad

Such a glamourous time

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:52:06

Are you guys using regular detergent/washing stuff to wash babies clothes? Need to start that so don't hav loads to do at the end. Also need to find somewhere to put clean clothes

NotYoMomma Wed 24-Jul-13 16:53:47

I never prewashed anything at all - seems like a pointless exercise to me. I don't pre wash my clothes.

that said we all had to switch to non bio when dd was born due to eczema sad

NotYoMomma Wed 24-Jul-13 16:54:52

I cant take the heat argh!!!

I have to go to the physio tomorrow as my left leg is in agony!!! leg/ groin, it is such a sharp pain

legallyblond Wed 24-Jul-13 17:03:13

By the way, I meant to say what my recommended water bottle with sports cap is also good for (take two - for drinking one for this): squirting over your bits as you pee the first few times after the birth. Makes it less sting-y and stops infection if you have a little tear (or a big one or an episiotomy!)....

roofio87 Wed 24-Jul-13 17:06:29

I've just bought a 'lovely' nightie from primark, size 18-20 so huge for me and buttons down the front for giving birth. £4.50 so will just throw away after!!!

Tarlia Wed 24-Jul-13 17:06:43

wicked what a nightmare! I think I'd have lost the plot! How did you muster the energy to unpack?? And time :O

Def reccomend washing all baby stuff, it's actually scary the chemicals that they put on fabric to stop them going mouldy etc. then think of the amount of people handling it - you've got the fabric maker, the clothes makers, the shop keeper and at least 5-30 people pawing it looking and finding the correct size in the shop. That's not to mention dirty factory machines and rats etc that live in these factories...
As for what you wash in, wash as you mean to go on, but be aware that babies skin is more sensitive so if you start seeing baby getting rashes you may need to move to something softer on the skin (more Eco friendly - less nasties).

Natalieand Wed 24-Jul-13 17:28:42

I never pre washed anything for dd and won't be this time either I will wash the stuff I'm reusing from dd (white baby grows) I also don't use special washing powder dd is rather sensitive in a sense allergic to ketchup and dogs but washing powder doesn't seem too bother her so hopefully this one be the same :-)

tarlia I'm glad u asked as I forgot u prompted me to text my midwife and she said unless I have urine infection symptoms then it is most likely caused by discharge ... How delightfull lol
On route back from shopping I brought couple of pairs of shoes for myself just primary cheapies few treats for dd and dh's nan came alot and she brought us some royal baby things in mother care! Will upload pics to Facebook later :-)

Flyer747 Wed 24-Jul-13 17:44:15

Nat I love Brighton I lived in hove for a few years. I loved shopping in the lanes. It makes me all nostalgic when I hear someone talking about Brighton. smile

claphammama Wed 24-Jul-13 17:52:19

I also prewash everything. I addition to everything tarlia said, so many of them would have ended up on the shop's floor at some point as people drop them and we don't know how / where they store them before they go out. I use Fairy powder and Fairy conditioner chickien as they are non bio and much more delicate for newborn skin.

I bled very heavily for a few weeks but was definitely done before me 6 weeks check. I remember I was surprised how heavy it was in early days.

Why did they give you episiotomy legally? I thought they didn't do it in the UK anymore? I tore really badly (second degree tears) and apparently have over 20 stitches. Couldn't sit properly for a week but it all healed nicely before my 10 day midwife check up. I remember I had random fevers in the first weeks though... no idea why. One day I would have 38-39C (sorry I think only in C), feel terrible and feel flu like, with no other symptoms, and it would go completely the following day. This happened several times in the first 3 months. like my body was fighting some infection... weird

Shootingstarsandcomets Wed 24-Jul-13 17:58:42

I always have a Brazilian clapham doesn't hurt too much but I'm so used to it now after years and years.
I bled really heavily for about 10 days and then much lighter but it went on for weeks.
Can't believe the chap on the bus cuillie

Soupqueen Wed 24-Jul-13 18:22:35

So the Royal baby is George Alexander Louis. Does that clash with anyone's plans?

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 18:25:31

Your names safe umlauf

whistlingdixie Wed 24-Jul-13 18:31:22

Evening ladies, just checking in to this thread for the first time (have been lurking before)... I'm due 16th Oct, it's a boy - will be my first (that's stuck this long).

Having had problems before I haven't wanted to get too excited but we've reached 28 weeks so I'm feeling much more hopeful and am suddenly very aware that I've not sorted anything out in prep for DS's arrival!! shock

Would someone mind posting the link to the previous thread containing the hospital bag list... I think I might need to start thinking about sorting out / buying some things.

Also, would appreciate some advice - I've booked in for antenatal classes from 31st August to 15th September (finishing 4 weeks before my due date). A friend of mine who is due around the same time is already doing classes... have I left it too late?!?!?

I knew it had to be George!

Welcome whistling smile

roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 18:49:35

Welcome whistling! The previous thread is here and the posts about maternity bags are towards the end.

Tarlia Wed 24-Jul-13 18:50:56

Welcome, Dixie. Nope, the classes will be fine. I did mine up until 36 weeks, the others were all ahead of me. However I gave birth first at 37 week induction - others all 2 weeks to a month later!

Eeekkk, was there someone using George :/ I already have a DS with middle name Alexander, so wouldn't be using that. Nat was Louis off the list? Though middle names will soon be forgotten.

GTbaby Wed 24-Jul-13 18:55:36

Hello. Last day of work done. Summer holidays start. Will do a few days in sep. but I'm done. Woop woop. Off to catch up on you chatty lot grin

Umlauf Wed 24-Jul-13 18:59:43

woohoo!! Bertie he shall be! thank you Kate and Wills! Hope nobody here was using George, alhough after much thought id decided to use the name regardless. smile

roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 19:05:49

I've really started to like the name George, but fortunately it wasn't top of our list.

I've had a look at the stats doc and there is no mention of George on there, so fingers crossed it hasn't scuppered anyone's plans!

I found some adorable blankets online from the wool company england

www.thewoolcompany.co.uk/baby-bedding/baby-blankets.html

I think i am going to get the scottie dog one and pink lace shawl and a plain one that is satin trimmed 3 blankets should be enough?

textbook Wed 24-Jul-13 19:21:49

Just checking in - welcome Whistling smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.