Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 7) - more excitement to come!

(1000 Posts)
Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 09:07:28

The one where hopefully we are feeling less nauseous and knackered (although we develop hippo hands and feet due to the heat!), we are entering or are in our second trimester (phew!), we continue with 12 week scans and test results (ekkk!), we have 16 week midwife appointments and hear the heartbeat (OMG - aw!), we potentially see the beginnings of bumps and feel the first flutters of movement (wow!) and the 20 week scan for some is just around the corner! grin

Oh and we try to improve our diets after surviving on one food group during the first trimester!!! wink

Bring it on thread 7!!!

(pod hope I did you proud)!

Shouldn't we? grin

Yeah, we should do that...

Thread finishing, you say?

BookTart Tue 13-Aug-13 13:11:24

A boy mrsv! How fantastic smile

Where's chocoloulou? We need this thread finished!

MrsVDB Tue 13-Aug-13 13:07:40

So after being 99% sure it was a girl it's a boy!! Now id better take back the girly stuff I bought!!

He's going to be stubborn. Had his little legs stretched out but crossed so couldn't see anything. Then had to jump about with pants around my knees and he curled his legs up but still crossed but eventually gave us the money shot!!

Frizz1986 Tue 13-Aug-13 13:01:35

rosa yep i do have a blog. I havent updated it in forever tho and am pretty bad at posting my cakes on there.
I get all excited about these things and promise myself that I will post every week and then it never happens. Its still nice to have something online where I can keep photos and recipes tho. Am not that good but its still fun. What is your blog???
V excited for GBBO starting. And its on a day when dh goes out for the night so I will get to enjoy it in peace
Hope your results go well.
Will come back later to catch up on the rest of the thread and the new one too.... back to work sad

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 12:28:42

Humpty that's so true! I said to DH I was fed up with whinging about things and not focussing on what's actually positive.....!

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 12:17:56

Yay! Thank you Bunt for the new thread!!!

Hello all - busy weekend, no time for MN! Went househunting Sat (no joy) and to the cinema on Sun (much joy - Hugh Jackman shirtless), then saw my ma yesterday. She'd bought me the most GORGEOUS white cardigan from Boots, some short-sleeved rompers and matching hats, and some socks (randomly, as they are for 6-9 mo). She also bought me a gorgeous changing bag from Mamas and Papas. I got some plain white long sleeved rompers from Morrisons (3 for £3.25, take THAT John Lewis, with your 3 for £12 for plain white rubbish), so the baby clothes shopping is piling up well!

curly that's scary, you poor love. I hope the amnio brings reassuring news and that you can get over this blip and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy stress-free. Thinking of you.

hormones? OH MY GOD YES. I am so annoyed most of the time atm; I tell you what's improved it in the last 24 hours for me though (may not work for everyone): spending a day with my Mum. No, sadly, not in a 'it was so lovely and sprinkled with rainbow dust, although she was v sweet with pressies etc). She literally CANNOT be pleased by anything. The coffee in Caffe Nero was too hot, then it was spilt down the side of the cup (obviously deliberately to vex her), there was someone smoking outside (which she hates), someone crashed a tray down next to her making her jump - you name it. She pulls this face as if the WHOLE WORLD is conspiring to upset her. It's so wearing, and I decided, on the spot that my new motto is going to be: look for the joy. I honestly did not want to spend any time with her ever again after yesterday, she's a happiness sponge, and I recognise that I'm doing similar by letting myself get worked up all the time over small things. So, <end of long-winded sermon> BREATHE ladies, and look for the joy.

Now I'm going to try and remember what else I read above... grin

Joy: being pg is a perfect excuse for my natural inability to remember faces/dates/appointments/what I've just read on a thread... grin

BuntCadger Tue 13-Aug-13 11:14:46

thread8

Hope it's ok I started new thread xx

BuntCadger Tue 13-Aug-13 11:09:14

I have a 4 wheel bugaboo that can be for all terrain types, but considering getting a p&t as dd will not be old enough o walk everywhere, that or I'll pop baby in sling and use bugaboo/maclaren

Holly94 Tue 13-Aug-13 11:03:06

Hi everyone! Just marking my place as am 15+5 and EDD is 30th January. So could potentially be a Feb baby! How exciting for us all smile

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 10:19:16

Nature no cramps here, but I have heard it can be common in pregnancy....

Rosa good luck for your results! Fingers firmly crossed for you!

MrsA how exciting you can feel bubs kicking around in there. Not felt anything for a while, although yesterday I felt something like bubbles popping, so possibly? Getting impatient now for proper regular movements and kicks!

We went for one with four wheels, because it turned on the spot like a 3 wheeler, but you can lock the front two wheels if going over rough terrain - not sure if you can do that with a three wheeler (but could be wrong...)

MrsGSR Tue 13-Aug-13 10:07:38

flowers to curly. Good luck for tomorrow.

I'm also struggling to choose between a 3 wheeler and a 4 wheeler! We tried them both in the shop and the 3 wheeled one turned a bit easier, but according to which the 4 wheeled version is better on escalators and buses. I have no idea if that's a general thing though, or just specific to this make!

MrsAVB Tue 13-Aug-13 09:18:12

Morning all!
No exciting news here. Work and mother are doing my head in. Wish I was going on holiday envy.
Baby is kicking/ moving every day; usually in the mornings and evenings when I'm in bed, but it might just be that I notice it more then as I'm not doing other things. DH hasn't felt and gets bored easily!
A question for you - 3 wheel vs 4 wheel buggies - what are the pros and cons?
X

rosalux Tue 13-Aug-13 09:08:29

Temporarily de-lurking to wish curly the very best of luck for Weds. We are all thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

Also, you have a blog frizz? Is it a baking one? I have a baking blog and am unfeasibly excited about GBBO4 starting next Tuesday. We will be at MIL so I will just have hope she is similarly excited!

Okay, off to lurk some more now. Have 20wk scan on 29th and am also waiting for results of Harmony test (hopefully within the next 5-7 days) so I haven't really allowed myself to feel properly relaxed and happy about this pregnancy yet. Am hoping for all clear and then planning to tell people I don't see regularly after 20weeks .

Naturegirl82 Tue 13-Aug-13 08:48:07

Argh suffering big time with cramp! 3 in the last few days. Anyone else getting this?

Sultanajo Tue 13-Aug-13 08:30:21

OK we are nearly on another thread can you adam and eve it?

Would someone else like to start it this time?

sarahleanne Mon 12-Aug-13 22:03:31

Thanks sultan!

Very jealous of some of u going on holiday! Have a fab time.

Frizz1986 Mon 12-Aug-13 22:01:46

So sorry curly seems like you are having a tough time. Fx that everything is ok.
Def get on the baking wagon. I have finished my Oreo cupcakes and enjoyed munching on the left over cream cheese frosting. Just need to get some energy to put them up on my blog at some point.

Sultanajo Mon 12-Aug-13 22:01:00

sarah the headaches majorly suck! Hope you feel better tomorrow. sad

Sultanajo Mon 12-Aug-13 22:00:06

percy wtf? What a lovely thoughtful gift! SLAP!

bunt two whole weeks away! Lush! Have an awesome time!

curly am gutted for you! Stress you really dont need and as you say, should have been sorted before now! angry Cake is definitely the way forward for now. Really hope you have as good an experience as possible on Wednesday. Is anyone going with you?thanks

sarahleanne Mon 12-Aug-13 21:04:31

Hi everyone ,
Suffering hugely with headaches today sad not good.
That is all, this is hurting my eyes!! But I am addicted so had to read your posts lol xx

curlywurlyllass Mon 12-Aug-13 21:04:10

It never rains - it pours sad

got my 2nd AFP screening results back today.... High risk for downs 1:55 so they have booked me in for amnio on weds.... At a hospital ive never been to.... In a totally different NHS area!!
So gutted, upset and angry, this should have all been delt with weeks ago but because of their incompetence its not.....And im goingto have another few weeks waiting on stressed out tenterhooks :'(
Feel like shouting at them all, the cuntpuffins!!!

Wish i could join in everyone elses happy waits for scans and not be ranting like a stressed madwoman.

Might join the club and bake cupcakes or a cake (they sound yummy)

Buntcadger hope u have a lovely holiday

percy i would b unhappy with that as a birthday gift too! Hope she gets u something nice for YOU!

Naturegirl good luck with your midwife smile

Sultana the spa sounds lovely! Enjoy

MrsV hope your toilet troubles get easier, its not pleasant

Toby, hope the dentist visit went well, i postponed mine till next month coz i cant face gagging

flowersfortea Mon 12-Aug-13 20:45:51

Hi everyone,

Job is going well thank you and they've taken it very well about the pregnancy (as I'm in the NHS I'm still eligible for some maternity pay, phew!).

Sorry to hear about mood swings and constipation. I think they're fairly common to most of us. Now my sickness is better controlled with cyclizine I'm managing three meals a day and just trying to load up fruit and veg wherever possible which does seem to help, but next time I see the GP I think I'll ask for a bottle of lactulose to keep in the cupboard.

Jealous of baby movements being felt!

This thread is not accepting new messages.