Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

pregnant 20-somethings?!

(185 Posts)
toasterstrudel Sun 14-Jul-13 10:25:56

couldn't find one in the age group threads so thought it might be nice to have a 20-something's group - obviously anyone is welcome though!

my basic info is:
age 22
6w2d
edd 7th march
no dcs!

anyone else?

floatyflo Sat 19-Oct-13 12:16:50

Hi all! I'm 23, although I have a birthday before bump is born. Am 20 weeks with dc2. Due 7thMarch. Ds is three.

How are we all? I've got the 20week scan on the 28th, very exciting! Really hoping sonographer will be able to tell what we are expecting! Fingers crossed :D

Hi Greymoose your on the Martians thread too I believe?

greymoose Tue 15-Oct-13 18:23:24

lady I didnt have too many symptoms so cant help with that, have you joined your due month antenatal club on here? if not you should - they usually have really helpful stuff!!

greymoose Tue 15-Oct-13 18:21:45

im 23, first baby, currently 19/20 weeks and due around 9th march

just started feeling little kicks and starting to feel real now - anyone else?! xx

ladybird0704 Tue 08-Oct-13 19:34:19

Hi im 22 and partner is 24 about 5+4 i think and pregnancy was unplanned but a lovely surprise. Starting to struggle already and ended up being sent home from work today! Had to tell my boss already which im pretty gutted about but everyone in work has guessed already anyway so having to keep saying im not which is really hard. What did everyone do to cover symptoms?

kirsty4609 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:24:25

Hey!!

Im 26, 5weeks!!! smile EDD 11th June 2014!!!!

We decided in April that we would try for a baby after our holiday in August. Didnt get caught September but found out last week Ive got caught this month and we are over the moon!!!

Just struggling to keep it a secret until the 12 week scan!!! Haha!!

Not had many symptoms yet, just tiredness and a little moody! Thats about it.

Got my first appointment with my GP on Friday! This will be Baby Number 1 smile

moobaloo Thu 26-Sep-13 18:27:14

Hiya!

I'm 21, 5wks, EDD 25th May smile unplanned but excited!

I'm getting worried about morning sickness - don't know how I'll hide that at work/from family! Already fobbing them off re. not drinking. We want to wait until I've had a scan to tell our parents but don't know if we're going to make it that long without them guessing or someone blurting it out!

Oh, I have a confession... I bought a newborn baby top and leggings today. Oops.

karamcleod Sat 21-Sep-13 10:19:56

20 years old
16 + 2 DC#1
EDD 6th March
18 months ttc!
Still throwing up and very moody & emoitonal and just feeling bluergghhhh in general although very excited to be a mummy!

Stom91 Mon 09-Sep-13 12:59:34

Haha yea jammy that's exactly how I see it!
We won't be old! Lol

Jammybean Mon 09-Sep-13 12:47:03

Can I join? Not sure if I'll be the oldest here.

I've just turned 28, Dd1 is 2. Currently 5+0.

I was just looking at the earlier posts. Its funny how people make assumptions about the correct age to be having children. When I was pregnant with my first I was the youngest mum by far at baby groups. Most other mums were late thirties to early forties. The way i look at is that DC will have flown the nest by the time i'm in my late forties leaving me plenty of time to drink gin. smile

Tea1Sugar Sun 08-Sep-13 12:57:59

Can I join? I'm 25 and 7+3 with dc2. Dd is 3. Due 24/4/14.

Stom91 Fri 06-Sep-13 00:03:24

Of course congratulations moomin x

Any chance I can join? Not 20 until next July but could do with talking to some other young parents-to-be. Found out the other day that I'm 6 weeks, complete shock tbh shock

terilou87 Sun 01-Sep-13 16:52:27

Welcome elle and congratulations on your first dd, I start my maternity leave on 28th of September found out last week im having another ds grin

ElleCloughie Thu 29-Aug-13 04:50:45

Ooh, only just seen this thread!

I'm 26, and 34+6 with DD1. Me and DH have been together for 8 years, and decided to start trying after last Christmas, and from the results of our dating scan got lucky pretty much straight away!

Just started maternity leave, so it's all starting to feel very "real" now!

Stom91 Wed 28-Aug-13 12:51:55

Thanks itsliz I think I've seen you in the December thread? smile

Stom91 Wed 28-Aug-13 12:51:31

Thanks itsliz I think I've seen you in the December thread? smile

itsliz Wed 28-Aug-13 12:49:00

Oh Mummabear, you poor poor thing sad I really don't know what to suggest other than to walk away before it's too late and before you get even further into your pregnancy and end up letting the hormones take over!

Or if you feel that you want to, maybe sit him down and explain nice and bluntly that either he bucks up his ideas, cuts all ties with this woman and focuses solely on you and bump or you'll be leaving for good. I know it's easier said than done, but if he's acting like this now then I really can't imagine him being a good dad...

And welcome to the thread Stom! Seems we're fairly close in age as well as due dates!

Stom91 Tue 27-Aug-13 19:27:35

Hey im a little late coming in. But..
I'm 21.. 23+2 weeks... First dd!! :D
Due 21st December

ThedementedPenguin Sun 25-Aug-13 22:50:22

terilou yes feeling a lot better today. It comes and goes. I should really be used to it but I just felt so rotten.

mummabear you must be due around same time as me. I was going to comment on your other post however I haven't introduced myself yet. Take this time to access what you want. Then when he gets back you will be able to talk to him.

MummaPanda Sun 25-Aug-13 21:43:31

Awww mummabear that's really horrible!! Can't imagine what your going through sad

terilou87 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:53:56

mummabear12 aww hun, what an absolute pig he is! my best advice is walk away and don't look back! you deserve better. and i know, easier said than done, but if he done it once he will do it again.
thedementedpenguin i felt like that till about 3 weeks ago, r u feeling any better yet?

Mummabear12 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:00:47

Hello ladies sorry I've not posted for a while! I've recently found out that my partner has cheated on me! I can't speak to anyone as I feel like an absolute mug! So I'm guna vent on here! I just don't understand why he said he wanted to try for another baby while he has been cheating on me! So I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and very confused as to what to do! Anyone got any advice for me sad feel like an idiot! blush

MummaPanda Sun 25-Aug-13 09:44:12

Oh its not that nobody would add you! But its because its a secret group and only a couple know how to add people! (I don't, but probably because I'm on a blackberry) there are a few more people who have figured it out now if you did want to pop on and ask to join! There are a mixture of beginning middle and end of november people smile

DaleyBump Sat 24-Aug-13 23:36:13

I did (under a different name) a wee while ago. I'm due at the very end of November and felt a bit left out, especially when I asked to be added into the FB group and nobody would add me so I just jumped onto the December thread smile

Congratulations on your little boy!!

Hi terilou

MummaPanda Sat 24-Aug-13 23:27:29

Daley have you posted on the November thread? I'm due 3rd of Nov and we have a really great facebook group if your interested.
We found out that we are having a boy, couldn't find out with dd as she was awkward so was glad we could this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now