Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2014?

(1000 Posts)
Teddybear4 Mon 24-Jun-13 13:43:54

Hi

Is there an antenatal thread for March 2013?

If not, can I start one? I've just found out Im expecting our third (and final!!) baby, due 4 March.

Fingers crossed tightly for a smooth ride (I had early bleeds with both my previous pregnancies).

Anyone else out there yet?

Coolhand Mon 24-Jun-13 19:25:47

Hi Teddy. Just found out this evening I'm expecting my second, due in and around 6th March by my dates.

I had a m/c before DS so always cautious at this early stage.

V glad to join the March bus though!

HamwidgeAlive Mon 24-Jun-13 20:43:04

Hi Teddy and Coolhand. I'm expecting our second, also due 4th March.

Everything crossed that all goes well for us all.

Teddybear4 Mon 24-Jun-13 22:18:22

Hi there.

Was a bit nervous to post as it is so early but thought it might be good to share some first tri insecurities and make the time pass a bit quicker!

I'm very crampy, bloated and uncomfortable but know this is normal from before.

I already have a boy and a girl so I'm preparing for questions about why on earth we would have any more when we have one of each!

Pops78 Tue 25-Jun-13 06:23:13

Hi, I have been waiting for someone to pop up a March bus (I am useless at these things) as I just found out I am due Feb 28th and was over a week late with my dd so thought I might hang out in March too :-) I am so nervous and freaked out about the cramps. Keep thinking they are period ones. How are you feeling?

Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Jun-13 08:41:33

Hi all, can I hop on please? Due 4th March, already got 1 DS, had a miscarriage in April so desperately hoping this one is a sticky pregnancy smile

Not a lot of symptoms so far, very tired and a dodgy tummy but that was the same in my previous pregnancies so think that's just how my body reacts!

IceNoSlice Tue 25-Jun-13 11:18:12

Hello, another one hopping aboard the March baby bus please! I had a very faint second line yesterday so retested today and two more positive tests, so baby number 2 here I come! (Hi Rock, fellow JSer).

So I have a 10 m

IceNoSlice Tue 25-Jun-13 11:20:53

Gah... 10 month old DS so there will be 18ish months between them, eek! Oh well, at least I won't be back at work long (going back in August).

Due date is coming out at 26 feb but I was over a month out on the last one so I'm pretty sure this one will come in March. Fingers crossed that it. Such early days!

Nice to meet you, ladies! X

snapple21 Tue 25-Jun-13 17:43:17

Hi I'll cautiously dip my toe in ill be due 2 march, I'm pregnant the month after an early miscarriage so I'm scared. This will be my first baby after one termination for medical reasons and the miscarriage. I'm so scared at this early stage! Xx

IceNoSlice Tue 25-Jun-13 18:08:10

snapple I think we're all probably feeling a bit like that. I don't mean the past trauma (for which have some flowers), just that it's such early days. I feel i should be holding my breath. Even mentioning it on here is making me a bit nervous. But we can get through this nail-bitey stage together smile

maja00 Tue 25-Jun-13 22:10:35

I have also just found out - due 28th feb/1st march with baby 2. We also have a ds who will be around 3.7.

snapple21 Wed 26-Jun-13 01:15:50

Icenoslice deffo hand holding is needed xx

IceNoSlice Wed 26-Jun-13 08:06:08

So any symptoms anyone? I'm feeling pretty tired but that is probably due to DS deciding not to sleep through any more sad.

And has anyone been to the docs yet? I think I'll wait for a couple of weeks.

HamwidgeAlive Wed 26-Jun-13 08:34:31

Just bloating, hunger and thirst. Having the occasional stretchy pain. Our docs don't want to see you, you have to self refer to the midwife unit so I will wait a couple of weeks too.

Argh to no sleeping through! My DS is 2.4 and only just started sleeping through after his birthday so I feel your pain. 10 months is such a hard age for sleep.

Congratulations and hand holding to all!

Teddybear4 Wed 26-Jun-13 08:54:04

Sorry to head about those who are more nervous because of previous losses. This must be an even more anxious time.

Still just the bloating, stretching and hunger here. Not too tired but then it's hard to be with a three and five year old racing round. Fortunately they do sleep through (mostly...) and when I hear of those with sleep woes I wonder quite why we thought it was sensible to start on the child raising roller coaster again after such a gap!!

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Jun-13 09:00:58

I've been feeling a bit queasy but could just be nervous rather than early morning sickness - terrified things could go wrong sad I was one of the lucky ones when I had DS and didn't get morning sickness so hoping I'll avoid it again this time! Am constantly hungry as well, got to try not to gain as much weight as last pregnancy - still a stone heavier than I was pre pregnancy and DS is 2!!

I downloaded a couple of pregnancy tracker apps this morning, anyone else getting them?

Pops78 Wed 26-Jun-13 10:54:35

Hi All, yes very sorry to hear about some of you ladies having bad experiences before, def makes it more scary. My last pg of dd who is 3.4 was pretty straightforward but I have never quite been the same energy wise since and was finally diagnosed with underactive thyroid and just last week hashimotos so am extra nervous this time because this can increase mc chances. Dr has just put up my med dose on phone and I waiting on endocrinologist app at hospital so crazily symptoms please and reassure me though I am dreading ms. My hand is here for you all to hold. Healthy wishes to all our beans

maja00 Wed 26-Jun-13 14:02:17

DS didn't start sleeping through until 2.5 so definitely wasn't up for another child before then!

My only symptoms so far are really sore breasts - had them for about 2 weeks now and can't remember when it eased up last time. I am really dreading morning sickness sad Lasted from about 6-18 weeks last time and was miserable.

I am off work at the moment trying to finish my degree - won't be going back til 14 weeks so hopefully the worst of the MS will be over by then!

snapple21 Wed 26-Jun-13 15:44:15

I'm tired and started with the queasiness this morning. Was really af-like crampy a few days ago but I'm not having them now, just a few stretchy pains like others have said! Not hungry either x

JuicySausage Wed 26-Jun-13 17:02:25

Hello, I'm 42 next month and pregnant with my first baby. We just returned from the Czech Republic where we had donor egg IVF and yesterday I got my BFP. Two embryos were transferred during IVF so there is a chance we're having twins! I am utterly over-the-moon.

We fell pregnant quickly and naturally in January 2012 which ended in mmc at 11 weeks and we couldn't get pregnant after that.

We are so grateful to our 24 year-old donor smile

Pops78 Wed 26-Jun-13 17:06:25

Wow I am finding these cramps really intense today and have horrid headache plus sick 3.4 yr old to look after/keep entertained. The cramps are so bad it feels like AF but have been reassured by Internet and you all that's normal. Dont remember cramps like this last time but Maja I had same with ms last time 6-18 weeks, anxious about it coming again.

Ladyflower Wed 26-Jun-13 18:37:44

Hello! May I join too? I'm 5 weeks with my first. I'm 40 so getting on a bit! I'm thrilled but terrified! I have every symptom under the sun - nausea, extreme exhaustion, cramps and sore boobs.
I was incredibly lucky - I conceived 2nd cycle which is remarkable considering my age, but I'm aware it also makes me an Instadiffer so apologies all round especially to those who have had a really difficult journey to get here. I have nothing but admiration for you.
I'm due late feb/early March by my reckoning.
Anyone else terrified of labour? I realise its going to have to come out somehow but I feel a little freaked about it! I also realise I'll be very lucky to even get that far. At 40 I have at least a 40% chance of M/C according to my GP. I feel pretty anxious about that.
DP is over the moon and wedding now postponed til next summer grin

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Jun-13 19:02:47

Maja I've just finished my first year of a degree with the OU, is this your final year?

Juicy would u be happy with twins? The idea frankly terrifies me, although obviously if it happened we would just have to get on with it!!

Pops I get headaches a lot in early pregnancy, not full-on awful things but more than just a niggle if that makes sense. Always worse if I don't drink enough water, although that doesn't seem to be the only cause.

Lady don't worry about getting upduffed quickly - I did with DS (one shot wonder grin ) I honestly don't think it matters how long it takes, you don't need to apologise!

I was terrified about labour with DS but it honestly wasn't that bad - I only had gas and air despite normally being a wimp who cries at a paper cut! Don't get me wrong, it hurt, but the moment you see your baby for the first time... All the pain just goes and the hormones flood your system, and you would go through it a million times over just to see their little face! Sounds cheesy and awful but its honestly the most euphoric thing you will ever experience smile

maja00 Wed 26-Jun-13 19:57:38

Yes, final year and final module - all done by September!

JuicySausage Wed 26-Jun-13 20:50:32

Rockchick, I'm almost 42 so yes, twins would be a remarkable gift. I don't care how tiring it would be smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.