Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

This magical bus that is soaring high with bfp's due to land February 2014

(132 Posts)
mrscookie78 Sun 09-Jun-13 19:40:25

Hey ladies, thought we could also chat over here now that we have got our bfp's, congratulations to us all. Hope we stay for the duration smile Feel so sick today, felt disheartened yesterday as I felt fine, serves me right confused

mrscookie78 Sat 15-Jun-13 23:49:09

Pregnancy is always worrying, the whole way through. Just try to relax and not stress, its good to share your worries and you will hopefully feel better once you find out other ladies are going through the same worries and aches etc.

congratulations jazz grin welcome to us over here with our bfp's.

The doctor counts you as four weeks or when your last period was. Just ring up your surgery and tell them your pregnant and what happens now? At my old surgery you had to see the doctor first but at this one ive got the midwife first, not till middle of July and it feels like ages away smile

LovesToBake Sun 16-Jun-13 09:28:06

Congratulations Jazzcat. Dates wise, you should count from the day your last AF started - that's what the doctor's surgery will ask you for when you ring up. With my first DC, I remember ringing up all excited the day after I POAS and was quite disappointed that all they did was schedule my booking in appointment with the midwife for when I was about 10 weeks. Then at that appointment they take lots of details, get you on the system and put you down for a 12 week scan.

Having got my BFP yesterday, I'm still excited about ringing the doctor's tomorrow to book my booking in appointment even if it won't be for weeks - at least it will be something in the diary to look forward to!

jazzcat28 Sun 16-Jun-13 09:33:12

Thanks mrscookie and lovestobake. My last AF started 15th May so that means I'm 5 weeks on Wednesday - crazy!

Have a very busy day at work tomorrow and will have to find time to sneak away from everyone to phone the doctor surgery.

Excited!

Is anyone taking any particular vitamins? I'm taking Boots folic acid + vitamin D at the moment, wondered whether it's worth upgrading to pregnacare or similar?

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 10:56:47

Huge congrats Jazz!

Re appointments I saw my doc in Monday as I was worried about the level of cramping I was getting. On Saturday I got my booking in appt invite when I'm 8 weeks and they book the 12 week scan for you at that appt. Might be different in each region but I'd call your GP up as the first call and see what they say!

Mrscookie you'd be think I'd be happy that I'm feeling less crampy and tired now. Oh no, I'm worried I'm losing my symptoms at 5 + 4 days. Are symptoms less extreme for you? I am stupid but yesterday did a Clear blue digi and I expected it to say 3+ on the conception indicator but it said 2-3 weeks. Oh my, I freaked! I got 2-3 last Sat when I got my BFP so was expecting a change. DH is very patient as he was like you are only just into 3 weeks and those things can't be overly accurate. The normal line ones are dark though and come up before the control indicator. Aggghhh! With that and less symptoms I panicked. confused Oh dear!!!!!

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 10:59:30

Oh and yep, I'm taking my normal tablets Jazz, got from Waitrose, called Folic plus or something with vit D. They are like bullets but I'm used to swallowing them now!!!!

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 11:00:46

Congrats also to Lovestobake!!!!!!!! Great to see you guys here!

mrscookie78 Sun 16-Jun-13 18:31:23

Put the sticks down champagne grin I think your dh might be right. Hate to say it but if you Google those digital sticks you will find a small percentage that find that they have the same problem. Did you use ur first wee of the day? Try not to worry over the stick, as im sure everyines hcg levels are different? just keep an eye on your symptoms and see how you get on. Maybe pose the question in the pregnancy thread and see what everyone is going through. I have felt symptoms today but today is the first day in a few days, they can come and go. I think maybe give it two days and either poas again or go back to the doctors. its easy for me to say don't worry but we all do to be honest.

mrscookie78 Sun 16-Jun-13 18:34:04

You been poas on Internet cheapies? I have very dark lines as the ink goes across on mine! I think im 5 + 1 today so not far behind you.

im taking pregnacare, took it with my lo and when I breast feed him too.

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 19:54:27

I've used Wilkos cheapies (ones with the handle though, I'm not very good with the whole peeing in a container!) and Sainsbury's ones since I got the BFP and yeah, the lines are darker than the control lines and appear before the control line too. No, it wasn't first wee of the day either. Have decided to do the 2nd digi I have at the end of this week before the private scan. Even then DH thinks I'm being daft!

Today I have a few more symptoms - feel really tired despite sleeping in both mornings, and boob size/sensitivity comes and goes as well as the odd twinge/cramp. Have also felt really light headed (not sure that is a symptom)! Let's see how I feel on the morrow getting up at 6am and having to commute again for another long and busy week.....

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 20:19:52

Are the pregnacare tablets big/bullet like out of interest?

CubanoHabana Sun 16-Jun-13 21:31:01

Can I join? Just got bfp today, still surreal to us both!

Champagnebubble Sun 16-Jun-13 22:38:40

Congrats Cubano!

mrscookie78 Mon 17-Jun-13 13:25:04

That may of been your problem, wasn't a higher enough amount of hcg for your test. glad you have some more symptoms now grin

It gets worse trying to pee in a pot especially as the months go on. ha ha. yes pregnacare are quite big tablets.

How did you do getting up this am?

Congratulations cuba, of course you can join us. How you feeling?

How is everyone else today? Nice weekends? smile

Beautytobe Mon 17-Jun-13 18:21:44

I am on hr 15 of an 18hr day! Pooped isn't the work and talking about poop I can't! So constipated it hurts! Got the docs tomo can't wait for someone else to bk up the fact we r pregnant! No spotting any more no cramps bar the constipation ones but am so tired and hungry all the time until its actually time for bed then I can't sleep and am up at the break of dawn! Boobs are so sore am a tummy sleeper and sore boobs don't make a happy combo! How's everyone today?!

mrscookie78 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:54:29

Ouch that sounds harsh, is that everyday Beauty?
aww it does feel like we have made it up, good luck tomorrow at the doctors. I have felt under the weather and a bit nauseated today envy

mrscookie78 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:56:53

Constipation sucks, I had it a little bit before I found out I was pregnant and did think it was a bit odd that it was nearly all week. See if the doctor can give you lactulose to help, just make sure you adjust the measures slowly to work out what is good for you grin

CubanoHabana Mon 17-Jun-13 20:35:44

I have docs on Friday, feeling fine, although touch dizzy but I normally am pre-af so didn't think much of it!

Champagnebubble Mon 17-Jun-13 20:43:36

Feeling ok today although have been really spaced out and dizzy, especially on the train this morning confused I didn't faint but felt odd! Tired this evening - left work on time too. Odd cramps here and there today and weird cm (which I think I have decided is normal for me....maybe hmm )! Booked my scan for Friday pm though so hopefully it should shed some light on things. One way or another it will confirm or reassure which I think is a good thing.

How is everyone else? Sorry to hear about the nausea sad

I have a question ref the scan, the lady said drink two glasses of water before. Does that mean it would be an external scan? I kinda assumed it would be an internal one <gulp> blush at just gone 6 weeks. What do people think?! I will ask tomorrow when they open but just wondered if anyone knew. Just need to prepare myself to have to semi strip! blush

Champagnebubble Mon 17-Jun-13 20:44:21

....and sorry to hear about the constipation!!!!!! confused

bugsyburge Tue 18-Jun-13 08:55:29

beauty are you me? I feel exactly the same!!!!!

I'm at the docs tomorrow, let us know how you get on

jazzcat28 Tue 18-Jun-13 10:05:38

Almost had an embarrassing slip up at work today. I've downloaded an app which tells me how my pregnancy is progressing weekly - it flashed up on my phone today 'your baby is 5 weeks old!' Thankfully it was face down on my desk and I caught it (and have changed the settings) but it could have been a bit of a slip up if it had happened in a meeting!

Bit of constipation but not sure if that is baby-related or just poor diet the past couple of days..

No faintness or nausea yet - presume this will kick in around 6-8 weeks though..

mrscookie78 Tue 18-Jun-13 12:05:06

I caved and went to the doctors, have had few pains in the place where i had pains when i was pregnant before and some kidney area aches. Have to give them a sample and she worked out im just over 6 weeks! Yay and have now brought forward my midwife appointment to two weeks today!

Yes the scan will be just above your pant area, so make you have decent pants on, you undo your jeans/trousers and they give you some of that doctors modesty paper towels? From what i can remember from my 12 week scan at the hospital!

At 6 weeks they should be able to see something, whether it is just the yolk or sac. smile

Ha ha to you Jazz, well spotted!!

mrscookie78 Tue 18-Jun-13 12:08:22

Ok i was wrong, yep internal at this stage! blush

Beautytobe Tue 18-Jun-13 14:34:31

Docs went well got the stuff u mentioned but have not used it yet. As I was able to finally go today. Is anyone else worried about miscarriage or they were on there first. It's my first and because I don't feel pregnant and am a worrier any way!
Am 5 weeks they recon and have to wait 7 weeks for a scan! It's going to go so slow! X

mrscookie78 Tue 18-Jun-13 22:38:45

Its normal to worry over mc Beauty whether its your first, second or third? I did first time round and am again, every slight bit of cm I get I nip to the toilet to check my cm hmm
I'm a worrier too, always need something to worry about. I'm afraid that once you get your bfp you never stop worrying over something. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now