Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

fatasbutter Sat 14-Sep-13 19:55:55

Oh yes! I don't really
Understand why people don't!! My brain doesn't think I need that kind of surprise after going through labour! wink
Only another 12 days til the scan - am hoping I actually believe its really happening after that!

Isn't it strange thinking back to our original Fred when we were all taking about how many times we had dtd etc and we are all still chatting! It's about 18 months ago that I first discovered MN and don't think it was that long after that we all started gabbing away! smile

I know! 16 months for me and I think I joined on pretty much straight away shock can't believe it, we should discus how little we dtd now wink
On other notes, chuckling while watching through the keyhole with Keith Lemmon, earlier on the advert dd1 thought he was mr tumble ha ha
I don't need the surprise either fatas, it took me every ounce of strength to get to 16wks where I paid lol

weechops Sun 15-Sep-13 08:14:28

Hi lovelies so sorry I've not been around much. Can't believe how far on we all are eek!

I had a wee bit of a cry yesterday morning as that was my due date for the little bean I lost in january, but I just focused on how happy I am now to be expecting this little one. Everything for a reason I guess.

Kitten really hope you're having a wonderfully quick pain free labour smile

Will catch up properly with all the posts smile

Thingymajigs Sun 15-Sep-13 08:39:21

I felt constantly worried in the weeks between 14-18 because of bleeding and the MW won't check the heartbeat here until 28 weeks. I had to get a doppler online. Luckily I felt the movements quite well by 18 weeks and I can see it moving about. Your baby will be fine in there fatas. We get to see them soon. smile My scan is at 20+5 on Friday. I'm 99% sure its a boy because of the scan pic at 13 weeks. Everyone who took a look said 'BOY' and pointed at the obvious blur between the legs. (We got a strange angle pic where we could see the body face on.) The only thing I would gain from keeping the gender a surprise is an undercurrant of frustration. I need to know!
Hugs to you wee. thanks
SPD is so tricky to deal with. You have my sympathies. It's ridiculous that you can pull a ligament just by turning over in bed.

Thingymajigs Sun 15-Sep-13 08:40:26

Last paragraph for when.
Is there still a FB group?

Alexandra6 Sun 15-Sep-13 09:47:42

wee that must have been sad sad Can't imagine how tough it is for people to get through miscarriages and I think it's amazing when they do. I'm really happy that you're pregnant again though and all is going well this time thank god flowers big hugs.

I am loving the suspense of boy or girl so glad we went for surprise but totally get how tempting it is to find out! Bet you're looking forward to Friday and finding out then thingy! I suspect DH secretly has a slight, slight preference for boy, but won't admit it at all, keeps saying he will be so happy whichever, and he adores his nieces as much as his nephew. If I'm really, really honest with myself, I had a teeny tiny slight preference for girl in the early stages so I convinced myself it was a boy to counteract it! Now I'm really not sure though, and I know it's massively cheesy but I honestly think we'll both be just as happy either way when it happens as long as all's well with the baby! Can't WAIT to find out!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 15-Sep-13 19:37:19

wee sorry about your sad anniversary, really good you have something positive to focus on.

thingy spd does suck but I'm not complaining (unless I want dh to do odd jobs for me). Compared with dds pregnancy this is really manageable. Best of luck for Fridays scan.

alex well done for not finding out, I'm too nosey.

Dd had a late sleep today so goodness knows when she will go to sleep tonight.

Kittenkatzen Wed 18-Sep-13 08:17:47

Hey lovely ladies, thanks for all the wishes but babykitten is so far staying resolutely put, despite best efforts! 40+6 today....midwife attempted a sweep on Saturday but cervix was still almost completely closed, second attempt booked for tomorrow night. Baby has spun back to back too apparently which is rubbish. Sigh.

wee hugs to you for your due date anniversary. Hope it helped to have a little cry and something lovely to focus on x

thingy 28 weeks for the first heartbeat check is horrendously late - bordering on torture of pg women if you ask me! We bought a doppler online too even though we knew we'd get a heartbeat check at 16 weeks! Re the fb group if you haven't already been added then pm me with your rl name and I'll add you to the group (have to friend you first)

Lovely to read everyone's news, can't believe how fast everyone's pregnancies are going - I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you all though! smile

red lol at the thought of you carting a cushion round with you everywhere! The benches in Waga's are uncomfortable at the best of times though so I definitely don't blame you for that one!

when how's mat leave going? Do you get a nesting instinct second tome round or is DD keeping you occupied enough?! I feel like I've been on leave forever...nesting finished ages ago and I'm now re-nesting it's been that long!

I know I've missed people off so waves to everyone else, I'll pop back later and catch up again - am sat up in bed with laptop and my left leg has gone dead so am going to get up and get moving!

Good to hear from you kitten, I hope it's not too long for you now!
Have you looked on the website spinning babies to get some advice on how to spin baby kitten back around?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 18-Sep-13 20:09:54

Sorry the sweep didn't work kitten you must be getting a bit fed up at nearly a week late. Dd has been at her Nan's yesterday and today so I have been blitzing the house it really needs it so yes I think you do get a nesting instinct both times round.

Best of luck spinning the baby.

RedRobin1 Wed 18-Sep-13 22:54:16

Ah kitten hope baby spins around again and not long for you to wait now!

Hugs wee the date must have been hard and a difficult time. You always remember no matter how far time passes x

when how many weeks are you now? Happy nesting and blitz cleaning!

thingy agree with kitten - it is bloody insane to wait till 28w!! I was going spare with the 20w wait and can't imagine how it must be for you!

My bumps on a growth spurt of its own. Ickle parasite is growing stronger each day as he / she uses my bladder as a trampoline! Can't feel any kicks above or near my belly button still but I felt one on the outside for the first time yesterday at 24w and it made me just go "awwww" all day long! smile

Thingymajigs Thu 19-Sep-13 14:25:26

Good luck with the sweep today kitten. Won't be long. smile
Aww, so cute red. It makes it seem so much more real when you can see the movements. Although sometimes it takes every ounce of willpower not to become a bit freaked out by the idea of another person moving about inside of you. God knows what my baby was up to two nights ago but I woke up at 3.30am with a bump sticking out all on one side.
I'm really enjoying pregnancy now that the bleeding and bloating has stopped and I will love it even more when we get the all clear at tomorrow's scan. Very nervous.

Kittenkatzen Thu 19-Sep-13 14:32:47

I think (hope!!) we may be having the start of some movement here....think my plus has come away this morning, along with copious amounts of ewcm (sorry, sorry..)

Have also been having crampy pains in waves since this morning, started tracking them on my app an hour ago and the average so far is every 6-8 mins for 40 seconds or so. Not hugely painful though, and below my bump rather than in it iyswim so don't think it's proper contractions yet (not that I know what they feel like!) but we'll see.

thingy good luck for tomorrow's scan, will be thinking of you and waiting for your news! I sympathise with the midnight baby disco moves - it's quite uncomfortable at times!

Thingymajigs Thu 19-Sep-13 14:41:21

Ohh, exciting! smile Can't be long then. I'll be refreshing this thread to see how you're doing.
I'll pm you my name for FB but obviously you will be pretty preoccupied. grin

Alexandra6 Thu 19-Sep-13 15:55:30

grin I get wonky bump sometimes thingy Good luck at the scan.

Eeeeek kitten exciting! Lots and lots of luck to you too!

I had my 30 week midwife app this week and have to think about my birth plan so please send any tips or advice anyone who has been through it already! I'm keeping it simple generally, not sure on the epidural front (def not writing it off but would like to know about any advice on that).

Oh kitten good luck! How exciting, can't wait for the newest arrival

fatasbutter Thu 19-Sep-13 19:08:34

Ooh! Good luck kitten!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 19-Sep-13 20:55:29

Wow so exciting for kitten hope everything goes smoothly.

alex don't really know what to advise re a birth plan. For dd's birth I wanted to try a water birth but my waters broke over 24 hours before I went to hospital so that was out.
This time round I will see if I can have a water birth. The only thing I'm dead set I don't want is pethidine. I had it last time and it did nothing. Also dd had to be resuscitated when she was born, I don't know if this was pethidine related of not (oh she was fine by the way, if this happens to one of you ladies try not to worry, although it is seriously scary).

Thingymajigs Fri 20-Sep-13 14:55:37

Hope everything is progressing well kitten.
I'm team blue! smile He scared us for a while as we couldn't see his stomach but half an hour later we could see it. So excited to be having a third boy. Time to go shopping!

Alexandra6 Fri 20-Sep-13 15:23:13

Yay thingy - and I'm guessing you have lots of bits that can be used from the others too? Ah a friend's husband has two brothers and they are all really close smile Congrats x

Meanwhile I am sitting here feeling like the worse mother ever because I hit bumpy with my laptop by accident earlier, trying to get comfy, and it was a hard whack - really hope it didn't knock the baby sad Am going to have to be so careful from now on!

Alexandra6 Fri 20-Sep-13 15:25:39

Oh and on pethidine when - funnily enough that's one of the things I'm not keen on by the sounds of it. The main thing I'm not sure on is epidural - def not against it at all but I heard from a couple of people that it can be a negative because you lose control over the birth. Any feedback on epidural or other tips would be great!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 20-Sep-13 16:07:57

Wow it's an exciting day. It's probably b day for kitten and thingy has had a successful scan.

Sorry it was worrying for a while with the stomach, at least you saw it today it would have been horrible if you had been booked in again to try and find it. Another boy will be wonderful, congratulations.

I've sort of packed my maternity bag but I had dd helping hindering me, she threw all my unironed washing in the bag and then when I finally filled it with the correct items she emptyed it again.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 20-Sep-13 16:14:29

alex the baby will be fine but get used to feeling guilty, I think it is mandatory for mums to feel guilty all the time.

I don't know about epidurals, I begged for one last time but the anesthetist was busy so I couldn't have one. My cousin had one she was being induced and had been awake for over 2 days (she did not have a good birth at all). I think induction is meant to be very painful, she doesn't regret having it.

Not sure if I want one this time, a side effect of epidural is that it lowers blood pressure. Mine goes really low anyway so I'm not sure if a further drop is wise.

My birth plan is get in the pool if I can, if not I'm open to pain relief except pethidine (oh I want gas and air ASAP - I love the stuff).

congrats thingy, how old are your other boys, I bet they are super excited to be getting another brother!
Alex guilt comes with the teratory now but don't worry your little one will be fine, I've fallen flat on face and bump and all was well
I've had two epidurals, I think they are amazing! I would hate mind altering drugs as I'm a control freak and hate feeling out of it like can happen with pethadine ( it is also passed onto baby so they can be woozy) epidural is just you and I went from being deliriously in pain throwing up to sat drinking tea and toast, dare I say I even enjoyed the birth! They say it can make it more likely to have intervention but from my friends the one who chose epidural first early on didn't and the ones who had intervention had the epidural because they needed forceps etc, the only thing you loose is the feeling to push although I could still feel contractions so you just make sure when they tell you to push you give it everything you've got, because it doesn't hurt you may only do it half heartedly ( my sister did) as you only get 1hr to push and obviously if you were in pain you'd be trying to get it out with all you've got, you just have to make sure you push like you mean it!

Thingymajigs Sat 21-Sep-13 07:19:26

Baby will be fine in there alex. Everything is so cushioned in there s/he probably wouldn't have noticed. I keep worrying when the cats launch themselves on my bump and use it as a trampoline but everything seems fine.
Have you remembered to put lip balm in your hospital bag when? And snacks. I was starving last time. Can't believe you are packing already, its going so quickly.
My boys are 13 and 10. My youngest is incredibly excited about having a baby brother. He asked to be at the birth at one point hmm but quickly changed his mind after an episode of OBEM. He has told everyone at school and wants to do a show and tell about it on Monday. Even my eldest who has autism cracked a smile when told yesterday. 3 boys... I will make my bedroom a haven of femininity and ban all Lego from entering. Glad we are moving somewhere with an extra bathroom now. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.