Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 4 - Heading towards our Second Glowing Trimester...... Roll on 12 week scans, gorgeous bumps and baby buys...

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sat 01-Jun-13 08:06:34

My god ladies we can talk! Thread 4 of 6000 at this rate. grin

Toothfairy78 Mon 03-Jun-13 19:45:54

Just booked morning off work as my mw appt is mid-morning. Boss'll probably think I'm on an interview! Pay reviews are in July so wondering if I can hold out announcing til mid July, when I'll be 14 weeks. Being pregnant makes you worry lot!

Toothfairy78 Mon 03-Jun-13 19:53:34

Oh gosh just realised I dozed off before hitting POST.
And a bunch of you ladies posted in the meantime!
laura glad to hear the announcement went well!

TobyLerone Mon 03-Jun-13 20:12:06

Oh, I'm so glad, Laura smile Brilliant news!

farmersdaughter Mon 03-Jun-13 20:48:05

Hurrah Laura brilliant news. Phweee. Men a funny lot, aren't they grin

So today has been much better for me, super tried however I haven't really felt sick at all today. Yah.

Very tried today, spent a large amount of last night awake due to a nightmare, in which DD and I where being attacked by a dog whist walking in a wood. Got myself totally worked up and in turn freaked myself out go and proper. I had the stupid horrid feeling the house was about to be broken into. Seriously what a utter muppet I am, didn't have any of this with DD hmm

Anyone else nipples standing too attention? I feel they could pick up a signal from Japan. blush

Need to re back through the rest of the days news, before coming back to everyone.

x

farmersdaughter Mon 03-Jun-13 20:49:22

*good and proper...

good lord!

sarahleanne Mon 03-Jun-13 20:59:27

marking my place on new thread smile

congrats laura, im glad he took it well,i was in a similar position to u smile it took dh a few days for it to sink in and then he was happy and looking forward to it .

evening to everyone else...i'll be going bed soon bloody shattered!!

BuntCadger Tue 04-Jun-13 00:02:47

Just popping in while I'm dreaming dd. had some horrible cramps today and very queasy again, got a mild temp too. Bah

Frizz - how are you now? Has discharge stopped? I remember spotting with ds1 and ds2. With ds3 it was because of dh and I having shenanigans blush. Hope it all settles down for you.

How did you all tell your oh then? Reading today's posts. I got dd and ds2 to hand dh a preg test each. Obv showing +ve. He is happy but said he feels a bit cheated as thought he had at least 6m of shenanigans lol! Can't believe how quick I fell as I have fertility issues (PCOS) and I'm still bfing. Only had one period and bfp. smile

Laura1408 Tue 04-Jun-13 08:18:19

Thanks ladies, I am so relieved! Now I can full on enjoy the sickness, sore boobs and itchy skin that has appeared lol smile
I will catch up with everyone's news later, have to face a 10hr today with little sleep first.
Have a great day all xx

sarahleanne Tue 04-Jun-13 09:57:39

morning- just popping in....whoever mentioned those kids sour sweets the other day THANKYOU !!!! theyre so amazing smile

Bikey86 Tue 04-Jun-13 11:17:47

Just catching up after a lovely weekend away. Went for first app with the midwife Friday...who had incidently called in sick so I had to wait 1.5hours for her cover...we were packed up and ready to set off on our hols. Anyway...all went well. I'm 6+3 today and really feeling the nausea now. Also, I went for a run with some friends last night and I just couldn't keep up...kept having to stop and felt so sick. It really worried me as I just thought I'd be able to carry on as normal but maybe I will just have to go on my own at a slower pace next time. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or any advice. I would like to continue exercising during my pregnancy as much as I possibly can. X x x

Apparentlychilled Tue 04-Jun-13 11:50:45

Hey all, scan went well, but it looks like I might be less pg than I thought (due date is now looking like 1 Feb), so I'm going to mooch over to the Feb thread. Good luck to everyone and here's to easy pregnancies and babies who sleep through!

Mythreeknights Tue 04-Jun-13 12:14:14

I have my GP booking in appt on Thursday (am 7 +1 I think) so bring on the scan date...envious of all of you who have a 12 week scan date firmly in the diary. Does anyone else think there's nothing inside your tummy? Sure I am exhausted and feel sick most afternoons, but I still can't believe I have a baby growing.

Frizz1986 Tue 04-Jun-13 12:47:30

I very much think there is nothing in there! Feeling more nauseous every day though.

Spotting is still going but slowed a lot and cramping seems to be going too. Gone to a bit of a pale pink but can hardly see it so am assuming it's just that there isn't so much anymore so u can't see the colour as strongly (really don't want it to properly turn pink/red)
Called the midwives this morning anyway as hardly got any sleep due to worrying. They said if it continues call the gp and they might refer me for a scan just to double check.

I told dh by bounding onto the bed yelling if he could see a line or was i imagining it. I had also convinced him that it would prob take 6 months and bfp arrived month 2 (altho he sees it as month 1 as he didn't want to know when i ov'd so he didn't actually know that we started ttc in time for the previous month)

Really want this 12 weeks to be done with now. Can't believe I have only known for 4 weeks yet it feels like a lifetime.
Dont think it helps that i really wanted to chat with my sister about being pg (she has a 3 yr old) but telling her made her upset as they have decided they cant afford any more even tho she wants more. It's like I am rubbing it in her face so we haven't actually talked about it all sad as i don't want to make her upset.

frizz glad things seem to be settling down.

laura yay that it went okay, and DH is happy.

Hello newbies!

Oh, and bra fittings are a massive yy from me. I got remeasured as a 38F from 34DD, and the non-wired (hideous) bra I have on is the comfiest thing in the entire world! Ugly but worth it.

carrotcakecupcake Tue 04-Jun-13 15:20:41

Bikey Everything I've read about exercise says that its fine, just don't overexert yourself (easier said than done sometimes!) I'm having a hard time listening to my body and figuring out what is best. At the moment everytime I go for a swim I come home and fall asleep!!

Frizz1986 Tue 04-Jun-13 15:20:42

I think I should get myself measured for a bra but am trying to put off any and all maternity wear until I know that things are ok.

I know that is prob really stupid but so far am not popping out of what I currently own and they aren't uncomfortable yet (i think half my bras were too big before so that might explain it)

How is it that everyone's boobs are getting big and mine seem to just be a bit sore but doing nothing!

carrotcakecupcake Tue 04-Jun-13 15:24:23

frizz Don't despair smile I went up a cup size not long after my bfp but have maintained thay size for the past four-ish weeks with no signs pf further growth (and was never all that sore either).

marking my place on the new thread

Bikey86 Tue 04-Jun-13 16:25:40

Thanks carrot think I am just going to go steady then...and make some excuse to my friends (last night I said id eaten something dodgy!!

Sultanajo Tue 04-Jun-13 17:51:02

Ahha, this is where u all are! Thought the other thread was quiet! Ok, got some catching up to do....

Got my last private scan tomorrow at 10 weeks - excited but very scared as if we see a happy wriggly 10 week old bean with a strong heartbeat it will mean we have got past the point it all went wrong last time! Ekkkk! blush

TobyLerone Tue 04-Jun-13 18:03:24

Good luck tomorrow, Sultana!

Frizz1986 Tue 04-Jun-13 18:04:37

Good luck for tomorrow [sultana]

Sultanajo Tue 04-Jun-13 18:05:15

Thanks Toby! Feels as though it has taken a lifetime to get to this point! grin

Sultanajo Tue 04-Jun-13 18:06:34

bikey I would just pace yourself and listen to what your body is telling u....its frustrating, but hopefully in a few weeks the nausea will pass and u will have more energy again! grin

TobyLerone Tue 04-Jun-13 18:08:00

I've got mine on Sunday, when I should be 10 weeks exactly. Although I don't have much faith in them, TBH. They measured me a week behind the measurement the EPU got, and the woman at the EPU was very hmm that they didn't give us any kind of report. We're only going because it was already booked and we've paid a deposit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.