Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Nervous nutjobs pregnant with no.2

(339 Posts)
winterpansy Fri 17-May-13 11:02:48

Hello,
Just set up this wee thread for the nutjob graduates. I am hoping all our lovely thread dwellers will be on here very soon.

We should do some stats. I'll kick off:

winterpansy 1 DS edd January 5th
gemmeg
nomoreminibreaks
mummytothearkbuilder

muzzy1 Tue 22-Apr-14 19:57:50

Hello! Glad all going well with both your little dd's and that it's easier second time round! Am really looking forward to hopefully not worrying at every little thing this time and just enjoy having a newborn.

No news from me! 37.3 and feeling really uncomfortable now. Just ordered a tens machine as heard some good reviews about them! Still feeling v. scared though.

weebirds Mon 21-Apr-14 21:41:59

Winterpansy here - issues with password reset meant going to another name as old account was at an old email address.

Hey bart! Glad things are going well with Elena. She sounds like she is in a good routine for 5 weeks. How has she been this week? Isn't it so cute when the big brother is affectionate with his little sis. I have welled up on numorous occasions watching DS interact with DD.

Muzzy Has the little man arrived yet? I hope the birth was good if he has! My 2nd was an awful planned c-section and 1st was a dreamy waterbirth so I am not the right person to ask about 2nd births!

DD is 17 weeks tomorrow and a total joy. It's so much easier 2nd time round! She is so good and things are going so well I have been thinking if I was 5 years younger and 5 times richer I'd love a 3rd. But I am not so must push those kind of thoughts away quickly and DH would leave me smile

BartBaby Sat 12-Apr-14 09:12:28

Hello!! I wasnt expecting a reply on here smile

Glad things are going great winter . I dont post much on here now but i would be up for an antenatal thread. How old is your dd now? 11hrs is fantastic!

muzzy really not long left for you now. I bet you are so glad to be finished work! And the dredded commute. The second birth wasnt too bad really. More painful at the beginning as my waters had already broken when the contractions started. It was quicker than the first labour. And would have been even quicker had i not had the epidural. The pushing part only lasted 30 minutes. And even though i still needed cutting, i didnt need to have the forceps like i did the first time. So dont worry too much about it. It is bloody awful at the time, but you already know that grin but none of it matters again as soon as baby is here smile

How are things going with you fedup ?

Anyone else out there?

Things are good here. Elena is 5 weeks now and coming along great. She's putting on plenty of weight. And she feeds at 10ish before we go to bed, around 2-3am which i do, and then again at 6am ish which DH does. So i cant complain really. Ds loves her to bits and is forever giving her kisses and cuddles.

Hope to hear from some more of you smile

muzzy1 Thu 10-Apr-14 20:37:00

Hello ladies!
Glad to hear all going well winter! Dd sounds amazing...how many weeks is she now? I don't think my dd has ever slept 11 hours and she's 2.5!

How are you fedup? I think I lurked on another thread and saw your 12 week scan went well which is great!

Hope Elena is doing well Bart?

Anyone ever heard from Abi? She has gone very quiet.

No news from me yet...36 weeks now so nearly there! Am on mat leave now so glad not to do the commute into London anymore.
Am very excited to meet our ds but really shitting myself about giving birth again (excuse the pun! grin ). All easier second labour stories welcome please.....

winterpansy Thu 03-Apr-14 12:25:17

Hey strangers - how are you all?
Totally forgot to reply to your message fedup - thats what having two DC does to you! Congrats on your BFP - hope everything is going to plan.

Things are brilliant here - little DD is an absolute dream. Feeding well and sleeping 11 hrs per night.

Congrats bart What a beautiful name. Glad all is well!

Hope everyone else is well - Muzzy any sign yet?

Are we up for a post-natal thread yet? It may not be very busy but at least we'll have somewhere to post when we need to?

fedupofrainydays Mon 10-Mar-14 13:41:08

Yeah I kind of gathered this was a bit of a dead thread after I posted.... Shame! But lovely to hear from you both!

And also see abi was on here... She must be overdue as was ages ago on the thread she has her bfp.

Congrats bart - that's lovely news!! Glad all ok with Elena despite the early arrival. Enjoy new born cuddles (I'm a bit jealous!!)

And muzzy a little boy! My ds was mega energetic inside too and still is. He's dropped his nap so no sneaky afternoon naps for me now which is tough at the mo with horrible ms. I'm 9 weeks. Been (and still is) a scary road for us. After 2 mc last year, one a suspected ectopic so was relieved to find this one in the right place at 6 weeks. I don't think I will ever relax with this pregnancy, every time I do a wee it's a major panic in case I find blood. But it will be a relief if I make it passed 12 week scan ok.

Hope everyone else is well!

BartBaby Mon 10-Mar-14 09:11:25

Hello smile what a busy week it's been.

Good to see you here fedup I'm not sure how many of the ladies are still around though.

Well little lady Elena decided to make her appearance on friday! I was only 35+4 so a little bit early but still perfect. She's a teeny 5lb 10oz although that is a good weight for her gestation so could have been worse. We just need to wait on some blood results now to check for infection, and if all is well hopefully we can go home later today.

I hope the rest of you are all well

muzzy1 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:55:44

Bart just saw your post on the April thread! Congratulations on your dd! Hope you get home soon x

muzzy1 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:43:32

Hey fedup! Good to see you here...although this is a pretty inactive thread these days!!
How many weeks are you? Have you had a scan yet?

Hi to everyone else. How is it going Winter? Hope dd is doing well and ds is getting used to things!

Hope all ok now Bart? That must have been scary!!

I'm 31 weeks now and being beaten up by my little boy! He's a real kicker!! Am grateful that since the ms went I've had a good pg so far.

How are you Abi??

fedupofrainydays Fri 07-Mar-14 12:52:26

Just found this thread full of my old friends! How are you all? Some of you must be mums again now?

I think a fair few of you may remember me... I'm currently on third preg of ttc #2. Had two mc last year. Even more nutty now than was when ttc!

BartBaby Sun 02-Mar-14 10:10:49

How are we all doing ladies? Are any of you still on here? I come on and look at stuff but havent been getting round to replying much.

Do we have any new babies yet?? smidge any news from you?

winter and nomore how are you getting on?

abi how are you? Not much longer for us now i hope things are going smoothly for you.

Things are ok with me. 35 weeks tomorrow smile had a bit of a scare this weekend though. Caught a sickness bug and got rather dehydrated and it set off contractions so i spent friday night on hospital on a drip and being monitored. Luckily the contractions have stopped but i had to have the steroid injections just incase. Apart from that everything has been ok. Weve got most things sorted now just the last few bits to get.

Hope everyone else is doing ok aswell

winterpansy Thu 16-Jan-14 22:27:11

Thanks for all the congrats! And congrats from me to nomore! Glad you got the waterbirth you wanted. I had one with DS and it was great, a fab experience. How is it all going now for you?

abi How is the house situation? Have you had your iron levels checked? Hope you're feeling a bit better. Time is flying in...your LO could be here in 10 weeks!

asmidge Any news from you? How are you feeling?

bart Are you still enjoying the battering or starting to be uncomfortable? I must say, when I see pregnant ladies out and about at the minute I just feel sorry for them. My last few weeks were so uncomfortable with BHs and a head battering my ribs!

muzzy How are you? Hope you're still very excited about your impending DS. Boys are mad but super fun!

All good here. I'm feeling about 90% back to normal except my tummy feels bruised from the inside and my scar is a bit itchy but other than that I can't complain. I'm knackered, obviously, but things have fallen into place quicker than I thought. It's so different with a second baby - I feel much more confident and able to respond to DD intuitively rather than panicking about everything like I did with DS. She's going 2.5/3 hr between feeds at the minute so I think she's midst 3 week growth spurt. Joy!

DS, despite his promising start with the sibling acceptance, is having a bit of a hard time - he's had a few tantrums and toilet accidents and has woken up a few times at night over the past few weeks and wanted to come in with us. I guess we just have to ride it out and hope he comes round in time. We've given him lots of attention (and too much chocolate!), as have our families and friends, but I'm sure his nose is more than a wee bit out of joint with the whole thing. He's a lovely boy though and is very kind to his sister - I think he is just fed up with us me for bringing her here! It's not too bad though..I just feel bad for him and more than slightly guilty but I know having a sibling will benefit him in the long run.

I had forgotten how little you get done when you have a newborn and throw a toddler into the mix and nothing gets done at all - I meant to post on here last week and suddenly another week has gone by!

ASmidgeofMidge Tue 14-Jan-14 22:28:25

Hi all, how is everyone? I'm now 38+ 6. Have had some period-like cramps all afternoon but nothing I could call super regular or particularly painful. Feels a bit like upset tummy. Still poo-ing lots. No other signs...

Abibub Fri 10-Jan-14 00:40:40

Oh wonderful stuff nomore! Congratulations and welcome to the world little chap! I hope you're all doing well. Big hugz!

Hows everyone else doing? Xx

ASmidgeofMidge Wed 08-Jan-14 08:51:44

Congratulations nomore!

BartBaby Sun 05-Jan-14 09:15:20

Yey congratulations nomore !! Lovely name too smile

It sounds like a perfect birth aswell. Just what I'm hoping for! Ha ha. It's lovely when everything works out just as you want it.

Hope everyone else is ok

James Alexander was born in a hurry yesterday morning! I woke at 6.30 having contractions (had been feeling them before I went to sleep but told myself they'd keep me awake if they needed to) and was told by labour ward to wait at home until the contractions lasted a minute. They then started to get pretty strong and luckily we called again and insisted we go in. By the time I got there and I was looked at I was fully dilated - I just managed to get in the pool before he crowned and popped out at 8.30, just 30 mins after we got there!

My hypnobirthing plan went a bit out of the window as the panic of the rush didn't lend itself to feeling relaxed but I'm so happy that I had the natural waterbirth I wanted do badly after DS1's traumatic birth.

Also, it turns out I'm a screamer! This horrendous noise just came out of me when he started to descend. I'm still cringing thinking about it now! blush

Abibub Sat 04-Jan-14 15:44:33

Omgosh Winter! Congratulations! ! Very chuffed for you, and so glad that you feel more settled now too smile Nancy sounds like she had a really healthy birth weight smile how are you finding it all now? Sorry to hear about the traumatic c section though :0/

Nomore - hope everything is has gone forward for you now? How are you?

How's everyone doing now?

Bart - still being battered here and the amount of movement is insane! Dp and I think he may be early because he is so much of a wriggle butt!!!

28 weeks today here! Feeling very tired so think iron is low like it was with ds! Feel like we're stagnating at home because we really want to move, but we're not sure if we can do it. We viewed a place this morning which was fabby and perfect really but because dp hasnt been giving info on his possible wage rise due at some point in January and because we rely on housing allowance top up and im not sure if that changes if our rent increases and we would need to get the deposit from somewhere I just think we cant do it. Im gutted as it was a good place and im fed up of living here as we just dont know when its being sold. :0( so I think its back to square one!! Xx

ASmidgeofMidge Fri 03-Jan-14 12:20:35

Congratulations winter! Love the idea of a postnatal thread re dealing with two, as well. Hoping it's not too much longer nomore...
How's everyone else?

BartBaby Wed 01-Jan-14 08:48:27

Congratulations winter smile what a lovely Christmas present for you and your family. Glad you are starting to feel a bit better aswell. I think there is just so much to take inane adjust to in the first few days. I'm definately up for the one baby has arrived thread. You will be an expert by April grin

nomore I hope it's not too much longer for you now. The week before ds due date we went on a long walk, had the curry, had the sex and I bounced on my gym ball constantly. Not sure if any one of those worked particularly but he was born a day early. But it made me feel better for at least trying!

smidge I hope you are doing ok now. The next 4 weeks will fly by.

abi I hope you are doing ok aswell. Up to now I love the getting battered from the inside grin although it is gettin a lot stronger now so I'm sure it will start being uncomfortable sooner rather than later.

And happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a good night. We didn't do much but I wouldnt have changed it. We have dsd visiting for the week so it was nice to just sit in and watch a film all together and eat sweets grin I also had a cheeky blue wkd aswell and I must say it was lovely!!

Congratulations winter!! Glad you're home and feeling better. What an exciting Christmas!

I'm officially overdue today and, after a curry for tea tonight, plan to start on the home remedies tomorrow, which DH is quite excited about!

winterpansy Tue 31-Dec-13 10:27:26

Hello all! Just popped in to let you know that our absolutely gorgeous daughter Nancy was born via a traumatic planned csection (spinal didn't work..) on Christmas Eve. She was 7lb 4oz so all that worry about IUGR for nothing! She's a dream baby so far, eating and sleeping well. We got home late on Boxing day and have settled in nicely. DS has been amazing with her and DH and my parents has been incredible at looking after all of us. I'm feeling a lot better but was frustrated and upset about how awful I felt for the first 5/6 days. Things are on the up now though and we're counting ourselves so lucky to have our family healthy and complete smile

Will read back when I get a chance to catch up with you all. Maybe we can get a postnatal thread together once there are some more babies so we can help each other through the pitfalls of dealing with 2. Thanks to you all for your support over the last 11 months - right from ttc to now! Hope you all had a great Christmas and are keeping well thanks

Smidge poor you! That must be really tough. I'm struggling to keep a lid on my emotions at the moment. I seem to be unable to 'have a word with myself' when I get anxious as I would normally so get myself really worked up over small things. So what you're dealing with must be so hard. Hope you feel better soon.

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 29-Dec-13 23:42:38

Hi all. Really sorry it's been so long! Hope you are all ok? Not long now for us all... I've been struggling a bit emotionally (depression & anxiety) but with good days as well as bad. I feel ok physically except for the usual aches & pains. Am now 36+3 and hoping I don'tgo as overdue this time as I did last time!

Abibub Sun 29-Dec-13 19:20:13

Ahhhhh nomore, your body must be building up to the big moment!!! Very excited for you, I am sending well wishes for a good and productive labour lovely!

Hey ladies how are the rest of you? Winter hun?

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now