Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013 - chatting our way into the second trimester

(1000 Posts)
SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:19

New thread, blimey will we ever stop?!

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 26-Jun-13 17:34:57

retroelle I've got low lying placenta apparently.
We found out we're having a boy at the scan last week, very excited.
I've got another scan on Tuesday and then have them every month until baby arrives. I've got high blood pressure which can affect baby's growth so they keep a close eye on me. They did when I was pregnant with DS too, I feel very looked after!

heartonsleeve Wed 26-Jun-13 18:15:36

We're in team yellow too. I posted that ages ago though, as we're due 31 Oct/1 Nov so one of the earliest scans smile

LuckySocks13 Wed 26-Jun-13 22:10:16

Hi. I'm expecting a girl too on the 23rd smile

LuckySocks13 Wed 26-Jun-13 22:27:06

Oh yes and the sickness and nausea has returned here over the last few weeks too!

Mistyshore Thu 27-Jun-13 07:04:11

I'm on my iPad can someone add me to the sex list (that sounds wrong).

I'm blue- my sexing scan that made everyone jealous seems so long ago!

Animol Thu 27-Jun-13 10:19:31

Had our scan yesterday - went well - managed to hold out, so still don't know what we're having.

MotherOfCleo Thu 27-Jun-13 10:21:10

Added you ladies on grin

Ditty - Boy
LittleMonkey - Boy
Monique - Boy
Mother - Boy
Fairy - Boy
NotVery - Boy
Retro - Boy
Mumma - Boy
Cornish - Boy
Clementine - Boy

MyCat - Girl
Spanish - Girls
Gwen - Girl
Suffolk - Girl
Lucky Socks - Girl

Angus - Yellow
Harv - Yellow
Heart on Sleeve - yellow

MotherOfCleo Thu 27-Jun-13 10:22:29

Added you ladies on too grin

Ditty - Boy
LittleMonkey - Boy
Monique - Boy
Mother - Boy
Fairy - Boy
NotVery - Boy
Retro - Boy
Mumma - Boy
Cornish - Boy
Clementine - Boy
Misty - Boy

MyCat - Girl
Spanish - Girls
Gwen - Girl
Suffolk - Girl
Lucky Socks - Girl

Angus - Yellow
Harv - Yellow
Heart on Sleeve - yellow
Animol - Yellow

notsoold Thu 27-Jun-13 10:27:18

Hi!!!
Just added my name to those having boys...hope it is ok!smile

Here goes
Ditty - Boy
LittleMonkey - Boy
Monique - Boy
Mother - Boy
Fairy - Boy
NotVery - Boy
Retro - Boy
Mumma - Boy
Cornish - Boy
Clementine - Boy
Misty - Boy
Notso - Boy

MyCat - Girl
Spanish - Girls
Gwen - Girl
Suffolk - Girl
Lucky Socks - Girl

Angus - Yellow
Harv - Yellow
Heart on Sleeve - yellow
Animol - Yellow

MotherOfCleo Thu 27-Jun-13 11:01:37

Yeah of course smile just thought it would be fun to see how many of each we have. grin So far, the boys are steaming ahead.

MummaPanda Thu 27-Jun-13 11:15:14

We will have to assume. All the yellows are girls to even it out!

Babybump26 Thu 27-Jun-13 23:10:43

Team yellow here!! grin

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Fri 28-Jun-13 16:24:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

My roots are shocking so I'm for the hairdresser tomorrow!

HMT13 Sat 29-Jun-13 07:24:37

Half way point for me today? Anyone else?! Scan on Monday. Nervous now as I've only felt what I think is the tiniest bit of movement. Doubting it was even that now!
Getting my hair done on tues, not feeling too glamorous at the moment!

MotherOfCleo Sat 29-Jun-13 08:30:23

I wouldnt worry HMT, Im 21+3 and baby is fairly docile, he moves but not all the time and not huge movements yet. Plus most people only start to feel them around half way. Good luck for your scan, mine was so amazing grin

harverina Sat 29-Jun-13 11:28:12

Movements for me are not constant, more sporadic and I am 22 weeks tomorrow.

Angus I feel a bit of a mess too hmm I think the fact that maternity clothes are not my usual styles makes things worse - I feel pretty fat and out of my comfort zone. I have bought some new clothes recently and some new make up and I got my hair done last weekend so this past week or so I have felt a little better. Last time I felt better once I had a huge bump to show off I think grin

I am a bit itchy - anyone else? It's worrying me a bit because I had colestasis last time and I think I am getting it again. I am due to see my midwife on Monday anyway so can speak to her about it then and hopefully she will take bloods hmm

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Sat 29-Jun-13 16:00:25

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Sat 29-Jun-13 17:32:11

HMT13 Sat 29-Jun-13 18:14:08

Oh thanks, that's reassuring to hear. Just keep reading about people having full on kicks already!

I only get movement at certain times - mostly mornings and nights too. Tho my DP got to feel a kick yesterday which really pleased him!

Just been and got a steriliser and bottles half price in tescos so chuffed with my bargain!

Feeling rather huge today blush wonder is that from baby or the haribo...

Wibblypiglikesbananas Mon 01-Jul-13 00:36:57

Hi all, gosh, haven't been here for ages. Glad to see everyone's making progress on the scan front. We had ours 2 weeks ago and are also team blue, meaning we'll have one of each (though it's a shame about not being able to reuse all the pink stuff!).

Retroelle - I also have a low lying placenta, so have an extra scan at 28 weeks. The Dr said that in most cases (90% or so) it moves, so fingers crossed. Otherwise it's a c-section, which I really don't want as we are currently living overseas and it would be tricky to look after DD and a newborn after. Still, we'll worry about that when/if I guess.

My bump seems huge now. Super prominent and there's no mistaking I'm pregnant, rather than people thinking I've just put on a few pounds. This bump is very different from my last, a lot higher somehow.

Also been nursery planning, got some decorations for the walls, sorted through DD's baby things in terms of what can be reused, ditto toys for little ones, and have started to look at double prams. On that note, does anyone have any double pram recommendations?

heartonsleeve Mon 01-Jul-13 08:38:28

Good morning all! Hope you've all had a nice weekend.

Who is scanning this week then? Looking forward to reading more about that.

Had a bit of an odd thing yesterday afternoon. I drank a cup of squash, and had a couple of biscuits then an hour later BAM! Puking like a newly pregnant person again sad. Very odd. I was sick a couple of more times, made more complicated by travelling home from Brum to East Anglia. Then when I got home I thought I was okay to eat my sandwich and BAM! More puke. I was a bit worried, but seem to be fine this morning - hope it lasts! Reminded me how miserable I was in those first few weeks!

However, when I was sick last night, afterwards I noticed I have red spots around my eyes - just on the thin skin. Very odd - I guess it's from the rush of blood to my head while upside down over the loo. Anybody else had that?

The good news was that it didn't seem to disturb bean at all - in fact, it was wriggling round like an eel all afternoon and evening.

In other news, the lovely in laws have ordered our buggy, so that should arrive this week! VERY excited about that! We went for a Graco Evo in the end, without the carrycot bit.

Hope everybody has a good week!

harverina Mon 01-Jul-13 08:52:29

Heart - I was also sick last night. I had terrible heartburn all afternoon and wondered if it was because of that. Very weird, haven't been sick for many weeks shock but feel fine this morning. Glad you are feeling better too.

heart - you maybe popped a few wee capillaries around your eyes being sick. my ex-h always did that!

is anybody else strugging for clothes? the under the bump jeans i got are v uncomfortable now - feel like they are cutting me in half. so i'm down to one pair of grey over the bump jeans! i need some more jeans or trousers pronto and i'm broke sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.