Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2013 part 2.

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Thu 25-Apr-13 08:57:26

Just starting a new thread as we're starting to run out of room on the first. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1716486-December-2013#38680515

lisbapalea Thu 23-May-13 20:26:40

So lovely to hear about everyone's dancing babies in these scans! I definitely remember the alien-ness when we had the 12wk scan with DD; the 20wk scan looked a lot more human if I remember correctly!

I got my letter confirming scan date which is 17 June - that's aaaages away! Based on date of last period I will be more than 13wks by then and I really think it's going to be obvious to work (based on how I look now, at just shy of 10wks), but I don't want to tell them until I've had the scan.

What do you reckon my chances will be to get it brought forward by a week?

I have my booking in appointment on Saturday morning so was going to ask the midwife then.

Still utterly pooped - thought it was getting better but have had a crazy week with work and I am totally knacked again. Didn't help that DD fell down the stairs last night (she's OK, thank goodness but has a massive egg shaped bruise on her forehead) and ended up sleeping very fitfully with me, which means I pretty much got no sleep at all. I am just desperate for a solid 8hrs and cannot remember when I might have got that last!

MildredH Thu 23-May-13 20:54:14

Really glad all scans been great news so far!

Ours this morning was fab.. Active little baby. Made me 12+5 with new EDD Nov 30th!

It's so lovely being able to share the news with everyone and not be keeping a secret any more.. grin

PistachioTruffle Thu 23-May-13 21:18:51

Congratulations on everyone's lovely scan news! I can't wait for mine, i just want to see if everything looks ok, 10 days and counting! I've got exams to get through first though, with the delights of baby brain and a newly-developed attention span of a gnat......

It's weird to think that we are already a quarter of the way through!

b0nker5Mum Thu 23-May-13 22:23:50

Glad the scans all went well.. Ours all good... Baby a bit of a fidget and I had to be practically tipped upside down to get the nuchal measurement (I think it was 1.2mm she seemed happy with it!) and had blood test.

Have told all of my family today they were over the moon which makes it all a little real... Had tears in my eyes whilst telling my brother...

yogafan Fri 24-May-13 00:11:01

Horray for the scans! So lovely to hear about them. And good luck pistachio for your exams - when do they start?

kyz1981 Fri 24-May-13 08:24:50

Ahhh so glad all the scans have gone well, Mine is on Tues when I will be over 13 weeks.

I have a very bloated bump and people I know from my DD's/DS nursery have asked me right out if I'm Pg - I have said yes but just wish they would wait for me to tell them!

I am getting my energy back now which is lovely so I am trying really hard to get back to the healthy foods I loved prior to PG.

I had my booking appointment and have a physio appointment already as I had SPD (pelvic pain) with DS - so I am hoping they can do something early as I don't want to be on crutches.

I am also under consultant care. I had pre-eclampsia symptoms with my DD and had cervical treatment a few yrs ago so this means I am high risk, despite having a lovely PG and birth with my DS- Gutted as at the moment I will have to be on a ward to give birth, and really want a midwife led unit.

Pistachio I know - its really odd to think we are almost in the 2nd trimester, and also that we are nearly halfway through 2013.

Featherbag Fri 24-May-13 08:25:51

Hi all, been MIA for a while, had more bleeds/scans and haven't really felt like talking. All ok though and have 'official' 12 week scan on Tuesday, then consultant appointment on Thursday! Turns out I've developed a large haematoma on top of my cervix, totally separate and unrelated to other bleeds/MC of twin. Got a feeling this is going to be a loooooong pregnancy! How is everyone?

13loki Fri 24-May-13 09:18:18

I typed a huge message last night but it has disappeared. Scan yesterday, Gave us a due date of 1st December. Baby was extremely active, so even though they seemed to do less measurements than in previous pregnancies, it took twice as long. Baby wouldn't stay still enough to even capture a photo for the measurements. I had my bloods done a few weeks ago, so I got my Down's risk straight away. 1 in 2000, which is good at my age(!)

Holly1977 Fri 24-May-13 10:44:45

Thanks Littlebells, I think you're right. I do try and be compassionate and empathic towards how deeply unhappy she must be but it's not always easy. I'm not going to let her get to me like that again, I'm going to blame my reactions on hormones! (and for everything else for the next 6 months!)

Congrats again to everyone with dancing beans and good scans, what a wonderful time. Sorry to hear it's not such good news for you Featherbag, that sounds stressful.

I've just cycled into work, 2nd time this week. Wouldn't have bothered if I'd known the weather was going to be quite so wild. Fecking summer my arse! Nearly got blown off a few times and was frozen solid and soaked to the bone by the time I got here. Sitting here with the heating on and 2 jumpers with nipples like BULLETS! They are absolute murder, don't know what's up with them. Anyway, I did it! Which is a good job cos all I did was eat yesterday and I'm having a big fat dirty curry tonight, NOM!

Had another pair of maternity jeans which don't fit arrive from ebay yesterday. Getting really pissed off with it all now. I just want some nice jeans that dont' make me feel sick. So there's no bloody way I'm buying maternity cycling shorts! I'll just have to cut some tracky bottoms up or something once I can't squeeze into these ones any more!

ccsays Fri 24-May-13 12:04:24

Afternoon all, I'm just off to do a 1-9 backshift (bleurgh) then off for four days for my birthday, woo hoo! Got a scan tomorrow so nervous/cautiously excited.

Have noticed that my abdomen has become firmer quite low down, is this normal and/or the beginnings of a bump? grin This is my first pregnancy, so it's all very new to me.

FluffyDucky Fri 24-May-13 12:08:44

Cc I have no visable bump yet, but when I press on my tummy (below belly button/over bladder) it def feels firmer!

froubylou Fri 24-May-13 12:35:09

My tum very firm to touch now. Lovely to hear of all these good scans. I hate reading about mmc and have banned myself from now on.

Off out for a pub lunch later. Dd away for weekend and df off work. Supposed to be doing housework but really cant be arsed lol.

Holly1977 Fri 24-May-13 12:51:58

My belly is just floppy and soft! Quite hard if I tense my abs though, quite pleased to note I still have some!

I cba doing anything today other than obsessively reading mumsnet threads! Must do some work, gah!

TakingTheStairs Fri 24-May-13 14:51:33

Hi Feather, wow you are having a tough time aren't you. I hope your official 12 wk scan goes okay xx

Had a bit of a stupid moment this morning. I took the tube in the wrong direction. It's okay, it's only the route I've been doing for 3 years. confused I'm an idiot

Dasie Fri 24-May-13 15:05:11

Feather hope all these symptoms settle for you soon!

I've had double good news today. Had my consultants appointment today and have been put back into the low risk category and told that I should be able to have a normal delivery and avoid a c-section.
Also got my harmony test results that gave me a less than 1 in 10,000 chance of the 3 trisomy disorders tested for, so feel like a can relax a little more now about the pregnancy.

Hope everyone continues with the great scan results so far grin

Congratulations to all who have had reassuring scans and tests, it's such a worrying time isn't it? My nuchal scan was good (1.9 mm) and I haven't had a phone call about my blood test so assume I'm fairly low risk, had been comforting myself with the thought that if I had to have amnio or CVS then at least we'd get a definite either way instead of still worrying. All part of the fun I suppose!

SorryMyLollipop Fri 24-May-13 19:11:50

Hellllooo.

Had my scan today, 13 weeks exactly. Heard the heart beat, saw the baby waving etc smile
I have a new EDD of 29th Nov.

More lovely scans!
Feather I'm sorry things aren't being easy for you. Hope your official scan goes well.
Taking I'm sorry but you made me laugh out loud!

Ds not well at the mo so had a terrible night last night up and down with him. I was sick at 3am because of all the getting up and down. Hope he sleeps better tonight but he's still got a temp so not sure how its gonna go.

Weescottie Fri 24-May-13 20:21:48

So glad everyone's scans are going well smile

Not posted for a while but everything's going ok with me. Really nervous about scan next week in case they say its all in my head! hmm
Also (stupid question time) do they take more bloods when you go for your scan? I had bloods taken at booking in appointment and wasn't sure if these are used for downs testing or whether they take more?

mumoftwoboysS Fri 24-May-13 20:41:16

Lisbapalea just got my scan date today- same as you 17th June! seems SO far away. I'll be about 13+4 by then. I really don't want to tell anyone else till then (only told close family and 1 or 2 friends) but I'm sure I'll have a bump by then as my waistline is already expanding! (waistband of comfy leggings starting to dig in) (glad your DD is ok- scary!)

Glad all scans are going well!

I'm starting to feel a bit less sick but don't want to jinx it by saying it's easing in case it comes back with a vengance! Anyone else found its worse AFTER eating?? Except for the morning (when I have to eat 2 pieces of toast straight away or I'll puke) I feel its worse on a full stomach which is crap!

Gooseysgirl Fri 24-May-13 21:04:44

We had our nuchal scan and harmony test results this afternoon, thankfully all was well smile Finally able to go 'public' with our news. Good luck to all with scans coming up next week!

Emilily Fri 24-May-13 23:29:57

Had my 12 week scan today, 12w and 3d, due date of 3 Dec, best Xmas present ever! FINALLY feeling really happy about this pregnancy, been (quite irrationally really) very morbid about the whole process, completely petrified that we'd lose it. I caught myself in the supermarket earlier beaming at the hummus like a mad woman (or someone who really like chickpea based dips). This pregnancy just got interesting!

abcdemma Sat 25-May-13 00:27:49

Glad everyone's scans are going well smile Still got over a week till mine but I'm definitely noticing the lower abdomen firmness too and OH says he can feel it but not visible yet. Energy levels creeping back up so just waiting for my appetite to return. Fun times smile
Em your hummus story made me smile, and mumoftwo my nausea is similar both before and after food. Anything like a normal sized meal would have me grimacing right now...

MildredH Sat 25-May-13 08:42:22

Weescottie- yes I think you will have more bloods..

I had bloods at booking but still got sent round to antenatal clinic after my scan for more. You won't care though- hopefully you'll be on cloud 9 after the scan!

I'm 13 weeks today and definitely starting to feel a bit better. Introducing more normal food back to my diet which is nice! Still no stranger to the 8pm bedtime though but can cope with that..

Thank god for the long weekend to catch up on everything I've been too tired to do for the past 2 months!!

FluffyDucky Sat 25-May-13 08:50:22

Argfh, my husband has just tole me he has has worms and because I'm pregnant the pharmacist has said I need to see the GP. That man (my husband, not pharmacist) is such a pain in the arse!

This thread is not accepting new messages.