Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2013 part 2.

(1000 Posts)
TakingTheStairs Thu 25-Apr-13 08:57:26

Just starting a new thread as we're starting to run out of room on the first. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1716486-December-2013#38680515

featherbag Fri 26-Apr-13 09:18:30

Just got my re-scan appointment through, it's next Thursday morning. All I seem to do lately is sit and worry and wait for scans. My lovely parents have taken DS off my hands until tomorrow morning, so I really can rest for a bit. Although I just fell over trying to save a box of soap powder tipping over my kitchen floor, and now have a very sore back and a vacuum cleaner full of Surf confused

TakingTheStairs Fri 26-Apr-13 10:17:06

Michelle Pop yourself on the list if you keep getting missed off it, then you'll be there forever more smile

kyz1981 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:40:45

Feather - I have done that so many times - rice is a favorite of mine to knock over- My DD also likes to make Snow out of polystyrene - the static makes hoovering it up a mission- Enjoy the time to yourself - my two are both at nursery of Friday - Really enjoying the peace.

Good Luck for all those being scanned today.

I went and got my maternity notes from the GP today and got my bounty pack- Full of really useful information recycling but did get a sample of decaf tea- can't stand tea. I finally feel PG now I have my notes - a bit strange since I have horrible MS and have had 2 scans, but seeing the trusty notes brought it all back..

Going to go and try and find some maternity jeans soon I look like a balloon already - any ideas? I hated the New look ones and Next were an odd fit on me!, has anyone tried Gap maternity Jeans before? - Gap did not really do much maternity stuff when I was Pg with my DCs.

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday.

I liked H&M jeans last time and they often have sale items in the maternity section.

Bonkers, that sounds like water retention maybe? I don't think it is anything to worry about. Body temperature also causes swelling hands sometimes too. I don't know about anyone else but my body feels like a hot water bottle!

Got a automated call to confirm my reassurance scan next week and I was shaking just at that. I'm going to be a nervous wreck through this pregnancy! It doesn't even feel 100% real yet and I'm shaky with nerves!

b0nker5Mum Fri 26-Apr-13 11:22:03

Thanks Michelle, I thought it was too early for water retention but I guess not!

I'm out for a work lunch today.... And I'm vegi... Not sure what to eat as most vegi options are full of goats cheese or other soft cheese... Haven't told a sole yet... (Apart from daughter and partner!) one of the other girls at work keeps looking down at my belly... ! Not sure there is any reason why she would guess... But making me paranoid!!!

Hope the scans are going well...

PistachioTruffle Fri 26-Apr-13 11:39:03

Hello all, happy news this morning! Healthy little bean seen on scan with a heartbeat, measuring about 6+4 and looking good for this stage grin

I know there's a long way to go yet, but I'm feeling much more reassured having seen it!

kyz1981 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:48:06

Yay - So pleased Pistachio. x

kyz1981 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:49:54

Thanks Michelle, I'd completely forgot H&M - I may have to pay them a visit this afternoon.

b0nker5Mum Fri 26-Apr-13 11:54:24

Great news pistachio... xx

MildredH Fri 26-Apr-13 12:25:02

Brilliant news Pistachio! It's so reassuring isn't it..

I saw an interview with Karen Brady who said she had a scan every Monday in her pregnancy for reassurance! ( I guess that's what 9 million squidules buys you!).

I've just had date through for 12 week scan on May 23rd which suddenly makes me feel like I'm finally getting there..

Think we're going to pay for another early scan in a week or so. I know it seems bonkers but I think the 75 quid is worth the reassurance that alls still well.

TakingTheStairs Fri 26-Apr-13 12:55:32

Pistachio, fantastic news. Hoorah!

Mildred If another scan is in your budget then go for it! I know I like the reassurance. My consultant is scanning me every week until week 12 just so I can see how the little bean is progressing, it's great!
(and that really wasn't meant to be a stealth boast, I'm only seeing a consultant because I've a decrepit back & luckily have health insurance. I would not have the funds personally!)

featherbag Fri 26-Apr-13 13:54:28

Great news Pistachio!

I really need to have a word with myself, I'm getting so anxious and stressed and I'm usually literally THE most laid-back person you could ever meet so it's affecting me badly. The doc I saw yesterday told me that I'm very likely to have another prem due to the shape of my uterus. I've worked so hard to lose weight and improve my fitness levels before TTC thinking it would help my chances of carrying to term, and find out now it was likely all for naught, as soon as baby is out of room (which was at 32/40 last time), it'll push the eject button. That's if I even have a live baby in there any more. I'm finding it so hard to stay positive, I'm really struggling.

NomDeClavier Fri 26-Apr-13 14:53:53

Feather surely they know you're at risk of prem labour and will consider meds and bed rest the minute you have any kind of contraction? It may not stop things, of course, but it's something any decent doc will be aware of?

Hurrah for early scans and beans with beats.

I have an appt for next week with my GP, so hopefully a scan not long after that and referrals. I'll feel better once I have them in hand. Kind of in limbo at the moment, which is a new experience because with DS I found out much later.

featherbag Fri 26-Apr-13 15:21:18

It's a question of space - my uterus is bicornuate, so baby grows in one 'horn' or the other, essentially halving the normal amount of room it has to grow in. So when there's no further room for growth - eviction. My last labour was very, very badly managed and then lied about by a consultant when I complained, so although its written in big red letters all over my notes that if that consultant comes near me I'll go to a different hospital, I'm afraid I have zero faith in being looked after, although I really can't fault the NICU that looked after DS.

2Labradors Fri 26-Apr-13 15:27:56

Feather sending you some positive vibes. Hopefully you will be able to ask lots of questions between now and then and you're midwife/doctor will get a plan in place an reassure you.

I've been bleeding again this morning. Trying not to have a total freak out. I went back to the GPs, as per the advice given yesterday. It was a different GP from Wednesday but he's advised to watch & wait over the weekend and call back on Monday if there's been more blood so that I can be referred back to EPU. My heart stops each time I see blood, and even though there was a heartbeat yesterday, and baby was measured correct for dates, I convince myself of the worst. It's just awful. I'm just hoping & praying that its stopped. I thought that maybe the internal scan yesterday aggravated whatever bled on Wednesday which is the reason for a bit more blood. But, that's self diagnosing to make myself feel a bit better.

featherbag Fri 26-Apr-13 15:33:57

It's crap 2labs, isn't it? I, like you, just want everything to settle down so I can try and enjoy being pregnant!

MildredH Fri 26-Apr-13 16:07:00

Feather & 2labs: I know I've posted this before but will again as I've found this massively helpful especially at times when I'm feeling less hopeful..

Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%.

A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%.

So things could still go wrong and sadly sometimes do, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by.

From Miscarriage Assoc website.

Hope it helps..

harry78 Fri 26-Apr-13 16:16:58

Hoorah! Scan today and there was a bean with a beat! grin

lisbapalea Fri 26-Apr-13 16:47:48

Yay - congrats to Pistachio and Harry for your early scans - lovely news to have before the weekend!

2Labradors Fri 26-Apr-13 18:12:31

mildred thank you so much for posting that. It really has given me a boost, 98% is good odds.

I've totally changed how I feel about this pregnancy. I was at weight watchers before I fell pregnant and very near an ideal weight for me. When I fell pregnant, and I'm being very honest here, I felt upset that I would be gaining weight again, it bothered me quite a bit.

After having these bleeds I don't give a sh*t about my weight gain, the piles that I expect, possibly more stretch marks and the real possibility that my boobs will reach my ankles after breast feeding for a 3rd time. I just want this baby to stick and be healthy.

Congratulations to those who have had scans today

Penguinita Fri 26-Apr-13 18:48:00

Hi all, I'm a newbie here, can I join you lovely ladies? I've really enjoyed reading the thread, it is great to know there are others out there in the same boat that I can obsess over all my pg worries with.

My EDD is 7th Dec, baby #1. I'm pretty clueless about it all really. Looking forward to being 8 weeks exactly tomorrow, it feels like a milestone, 20% of the way there!

I've been pretty lucky so far, I've had a range of symptoms but all fairly mild. Sometimes I wonder if it's all in my head and I'm not really pregnant at all. But one look at the ginormous melons straining to escape from my shirt reassures me. Apparently my mum had no symptoms and didn't even realise she was pregnant with me until 3 and a half months! What?! shock

Hi everyone I'm so pleased at all the little beans with heartbeats. I'm still muddling along being sick and feeling sick. Just getting thru each day. Ds told his key workers at nursery that mummy has a baby in her tummy, inevitable really as we've not hidden it from him and he knows I'm not well.
Hi penguinita <jealous of your lack of symptoms>

FluffyDucky Fri 26-Apr-13 19:36:28

Has anyone else had any food aversions? Normally I love sandwiches (even just bread & butter*marg) but over this week the smell and taste of marg is really off putting and bread is maiing me even more bunged up, I have been struggling to eat my lunch!
Just bought some posh pot noddles style things for lunch to try tomorrow.

Hit the bran flakes big style this morning. Farting like a trooper all day lol but still feel full and bloated/slow.

I've just realised I moan so much here about being constipated! I'm sorry but so much easier than to others

QueenofWhispers Fri 26-Apr-13 19:36:31

I am every soo very hungry.

This thread is not accepting new messages.