Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 - thread 7 - and we're still talking as we enter the 3rd trimester

(992 Posts)
Persuasion Mon 15-Apr-13 16:36:47

We've managed to fill yet another thread, so here is a new one to keep chatting away on...

And the stats list is here

MrsRoss26 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:40:20

Thanks Persuasion. Now to catch up on thread 6...

wifey6 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:48:09

Thank you for new thread smile
Settling in for the 3rd trimester smile

Thanks. smile

Re-posted in case no one goes back to the old thread.

Indecisive Well my DS was a really sleepy unborn baby and rarely moved. When he was born he was the same and when in SCBU the nurses were having to actually wake him up once 5 hours had passed to feed him as he just was happy to sleep. He's continued pretty much the same until toddlerhood.

BadMiss Having lost weight while eating nothing but junk I can't imagine what it would be like without the junk! Is it gestational diabetes? Will you be able to eat what you like once the baby is born?

I don't have a huge bump either though, that's the thing. For anyone to know I'm pregnant I would actually have to tell them.

Persuasion Mon 15-Apr-13 16:59:51

In terms of movements I feel them more on the right than the left, probably 80% at the top, and the rest right at the bottom near my bladder/cervix. I have an anterior placenta though so that may affect it I imagine. Also, in the last week the movements seem to have fallen into more of a pattern with quiet periods when I guess she's sleeping, and then periods where she kicks me lots when she's awake. The kicks seem to be inevitably when I've just lain down to go to sleep!

In terms of weight, I've definitely gained, but it's all in my bump and boobs, there doesn't seem to be any change in my size otherwise. I think it's all quite individual though. Because I knew chip may be small, and the placenta may not be working as well as normal I've not limited myself food-wise at all, I've just trusted my body to tell me what it wants, within reason. I am trying to keep things healthy though, with lots of fruit and a whole variety of food. I figure I can lose weight again after if I need to, but so far despite eating like a horse it doesn't seem too bad. My mom also got a huge bump when pg with me, so I wonder if some of the way the weight distributes is genetic. As long as baby is growing fine on measurements/scans, that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Mon 15-Apr-13 17:00:08

This is what concerns me! mine is v active and I'm v concerned this is going to translate to a restless baby! bugger....confused

TomDaleysTrunks Mon 15-Apr-13 17:22:56

Another one with an extremely active baby. Midwife couldn't find heartbeat the other day but could see and feel loads of movements. It's almost constant kicks - or feels that way!

Thinking of you all shiv.

Weight gain: 10lbs. Massive bump, all out in front. I'm trying to make healthy choices, it's hard though as I don't really fancy fruit etc. grin
Off to Spain on Sat woop do woop!

25 +2

dinkystinky Mon 15-Apr-13 17:26:49

Thanks for the new thread Persuasion - just in time!

Sorry to hear of the poorly kids on thread - hope they all get better soon.

Movements - big movements on top right hand side of the bump (legs/bum I think) small movements on bottom right of the bump. They're really painful at the top.

Indecisive - DS2 was an active baby in utero and is still v active now - but he was a really mellow baby till he hit 5 months and started to be on the go again...

BadMissM Mon 15-Apr-13 17:40:39

Schro Is gestational diabetes, but is the second time I've had it so praying it goes away when LO is born.... apparently each time you get it increases your chances of having it for keeps (gulp).

My movement seems to go in periods...he wakes up when I go to bed, and quitens doen in the day when I'm active, unless I bend over and squish him, then I get kicked.

DD was a cosmically lazy baby in utero and in reality...had to wake her up to feed...now she's an equally lazy teenager! Only thing she loved was water, if I was in the bath she'd go mental!

26 weeks bob on today...

esme80 Mon 15-Apr-13 18:00:19

Hi everyone! My movements are mostly on the right side low down. Most active at night when I am relaxing, and quieter when I am more active during the day!

My ds went against the trend it seems! He was super active when pg but very chilled out baby and still is, mostly!

notprincesskate Mon 15-Apr-13 18:07:09

ama I have PM you about joining the FB group- hope that is ok and I got it right!
My movements still tend to be quite random in places, although I do seem to be getting a lot of pressure- rather than kicks under my ribs on L hand side, it feels a bit like stitch and is mighty uncomfortable until jumping bean wriggles across a bit. Last time mw had a feel she said I was tranverse, I've got a growth scan tomorrow so I guess I will see what is where then.

Abzs Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:59

I've started putting on weight now too. Should probably eat less haribo.

I started at 55 kilos (8st 6lbs) in November, went down to 52 and am now up to 60 (9st 4lbs). I've only weighed over 9 stone once before and for a short while as I felt heavy (I'm only 5'2" - 8 1/2 stone is about right for me). I feel like that again. Midwife suggested trying some different swimming pools to see if I can find one warm enough for my slow swimming.

MrsMillions Mon 15-Apr-13 18:38:30

Esme a super chilled DC after being active in utero sounds good to me, send some of those vibes my way please!

My kicks reached the ribcage this weekend, and have been quite focused up there today. They also follow the "more kicks when I'm resting" trend, although being sat at my desk or in a meeting can count as resting where bump's concerned.

My non-maternity winter coat was getting very snug so I took the plunge on a spring coat from JoJo Maman Bebe this weekend. It's very much a maternity shape and makes me feel distinctly mumsy but it's so good to have room to breathe! Let's hope the sun keeps shining, it won't be warm enough if we revert to the icy chills of a few weeks ago.

27+4

Devilforasideboard Mon 15-Apr-13 18:57:08

Just quickly popping in to say I'm thinking of you and your family Shiv x

Will catch up shortly, just wanted to repost (with her permission of course) Shiv's latest update:

Hi guys.
Quick Oliver update.
Next few hours critical as have found a severe bleed on left side of brain. He is one of the smallest babies they have dealt with.
It's heart breaking. Love to all and again will keep you posted (and please cross post to MN - where I have seen the messages of support which I read to DH & they gave us much comfort).

Runswithsquirrels Mon 15-Apr-13 19:09:32

Lets all put Oliver in our thoughts and prayers over the next few hours then. X

dinkystinky Mon 15-Apr-13 19:14:58

Shiv - you, DH and Oliver especially remain in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs and white light to you all to guide and give you all strength and hope xxxx

Thinkingof4 Mon 15-Apr-13 19:21:49

Shiv I can't begin to imagine what you and dh are going through just now. I'll be saying a little prayer for your beautiful son Oliver again and keeping you all in my thoughts xx

Wishing you, DH and Oliver all the luck and strength you need right now, shiv.

Shiv have said a prayer for you all. He is obviously a fighter to have come this far. They can come through severe bleeds and live to fight another battle. My friend's son kept us terrified in nicu and is now a feisty 8 year old.,( ditto family friend's grandson who was a 25 weeker). I hope the next few hours are good and he gets stronger and stronger. You must be going through hell.

Cheeseandbread Mon 15-Apr-13 19:54:14

Sending positive thoughts and strength to Shiv, Mr Shiv and Oliver

Regarding movement I only used to feel bean low on the left but in the last week or so she has been wriggling low and high. I saw her move in the bath the first time lady week which was nice smile

26+2

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 15-Apr-13 19:54:43

Delurking from the August Antenatal thread (I was on this thread, back when it began as I was due lateJune/early July, but was unfortunately the first to leave with a mc); Shiv, I have be holding you, your dear Oliver & your family in my thoughts and prayers all day.
I hope this evening goes smoothly. xxx

CitizenOscar Mon 15-Apr-13 20:03:11

Shiv - Wishing you, Oliver and all your family loads of strength. Hope you hear some encouraging news soon. Keep on in there little one!

Thanks for the new thread - got a bit worried when I saw the other one was at 1000 posts but should have known one of you efficient types were already on it!

My movements are mostly high up under my ribs, mostly on the left (as I look down). Makes me sit up straight so think the baby just wants a bit more space.

Don't know how much weight I've gained as I never weigh myself but the bump is getting sizeable. Got 28-week MW appointment this week so will see what they say.

AmaDablam Mon 15-Apr-13 20:22:15

Thanks for the new thread Persuasion and for reposting *Shiv's" latest news from FB. Keeping everything crossed for little Oliver.

NotPrincessKate No worries. I've PM'd you back to say happy to add you but struggling to find you on FB. I've put my RL name in there so you can add me and do it that way.

Re. movement I'm like several others and feel most of my movements upper right and lower left (sometimes simultaneously which is very strange!), with the stronger ones being at the top. I also get that stitch like pain sometimes that notprincess was talking about. I only have one area on the left of my belly button where I never feel any movements so I guess that's where my (anterior) placenta must be. Not really sure whether she's a particularly active baby or not as I have nothing to compare with, but I can go through several hours of no movement followed by anything between 10 minutes and a couple of hours of lots. And yep, the "busy" periods often coincide with me settling down for the night! On the plus side she's rarely up and about when I get up for work so hopefully she'll be a baby that likes to lie in!

Oh and she also bucks the trend in that she's more likely to be woken up by a hot drink than a cold one!

26+1

photographerlady Mon 15-Apr-13 20:27:35

If anyone's having trouble getting in the FB group you are welcome to send me a message I have a simple short name on my account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now