Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2013- thread 5 of 100,000 ��

(1000 Posts)
honey86 Sat 13-Apr-13 10:15:02

started yet another grin as im aware were about 20 posts from full again lol!

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 18:51:11

End!!! grin

SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:37:38

I dunno berry to me it looks quite flat to the spine! I vote beige.

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 18:34:59

saundy mine is at 10.30 can't wait!! grin

Ooooo time for a new thread!

Thanks ladies for your best wishes. Dad is in the cardiac ward after 26 hours on a trolley in a&e and totally exhausted. Won't see the cardiologist until tomorrow tho. Fingers xd he's ok.

On a brighter note yay to good scans! And I'm so bloody jealous of people being able to see enough to have a go at sexing - my scan pic is just a blob!

We bought a Moses basket and stand today as it was half price! It's v v v cute

SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 18:26:36

Berry looking a the pic I agree that it would appear you are having a boy!

Saundy Mon 29-Apr-13 18:23:02

I hope he's doing ok Fairy.

Great news Get I'm really pleased, good luck with work. Congrats on yours too Will.

My scan is tmr too Animol & MP what time is yours? Mine is 2pm ish, still haven't had the letter tho, was told that over the phone so not sure where to go. Why don't you want DH there?

Woo tri2 tmr Berry be sure to let us know if its as amazing as its rumoured to be.

After the scan tmr I know DP will want to go straight to his mums to show her the pic (quite rightly) but I'm still so annoyed over the telling everyone thing that I don't want to go. I'll have to though cause its not worth a fight.

firsttimemummyy Mon 29-Apr-13 18:02:34

berrybomb just had a look at your picture and I think you're having a little boy! The nub is angled slightly upwards which seems to be a giveaway from all the nub pictures I've looked at (and I have looked at a lot!! My first pic at 11 weeks looked like a girl but the one I had last week after the bleeding scare is not so definite and could possibly be a boy so I keep wasting hours at work looking at pictures trying to work it out!)

Animol Mon 29-Apr-13 17:37:20

thanks harv - it's tomorrow. My DH has decided he wants to come too - I don't know why but I don't really want him to but I can't really tell him - he's just booked time off work extra - oh well! Can somebody tell me the nub thing again - which bit are you looking at and which is a girl and which is a boy?

SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 16:54:22

harv yeah I'll get the routine ones too, this was because I had a bleed so they need to do it as a precaution.

Kirjava, sensitive nose here too. I threw up at the smell of a roll of plastic bins bags the other day. Mind you, I seem to throw up at everything. Booking in appt tomorrow so going to ask the midwife what else can be done as the avomine isn't doing the trick

Fairy hope your dad is ok.

SIL is coming to visit at the end of May. She's a qualified massage therapist and has said she'll do a pregnancy suitable back, neck, shoulder and leg massage. I love her so much. She said the other issue with massage in pregnancy is your ligaments are stretchier so different strokes have to be used to ensure you don't get pulled the wrong way.

harverina Mon 29-Apr-13 15:38:26

Yay on good scan results! Animol hope yours went well too.

Fairy hope you get some positive news about your dad today. It is so worrying when a parent is unwell. My mum was ill a few years ago with long cancer and I was a nervous reck the whole time. Thinking of you thanks

I have a scan on Wednesday to try the nuchal test again. Can't wait to see baby again! Also going to try the nub thing out if baby is on its back!

Suffolk I don't get anti d injection until 28 weeks, will you get another one later on?

Kirjava yeah I am also gagging at certain smells. Often struggle to wipe dd's bottom if she does a poo hmm and other smells really make me feel so sick! Certain washing powders make me gag, I was the same last time. I still can't use ariel 3 years on!!

Hope you are all well. My nausea is much better today - still there but milder which I can handle. Managed to do a food shop and now at soft play grin

Williamina the nub theory seems to be pretty accurate according to the thousands of forums I've read! I'm pretty sure that I've another boy on the way. It's right on the 30* mark. Actually I'm quite regretting having a look, the nub's really clear on my scan and I feel like I've taken the surprise away from the 20 week one hmm

Sorry to hear about your dad fairy, I hope he feels better soon.

Suffolk my friend told me how painful that injection is, I don't envy you at all sad

Is anyone else still suffering from a really sensitive sense of taste/smell? Everything's so strong to me. DS walked in with cat poo on his shoe this morning (that's another thread angry) and the smell literally made me throw up. OH was like hmm. I can't help it. My gag reflex seems to be hyperactive along with my nose...

williaminajetfighter Mon 29-Apr-13 14:08:09

Had ANOTHER scan this morning (I think it's my 5th - bonkers) and I tried to find the 'nub' but seems I was looking at the knee instead. The midwife/sonographer laughed at me like I was crazy.

Looks like we're getting to the end of this thread. Should I start a new one? I don't want to deny anyone else the opporutnity to come up with a fine title for the next one...

TiredFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 13:11:37

aha, the mumsnet website gives details of the exercises here they really helped me last time round, I was on my feet a lot at work so felt the strain.

TiredFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 13:10:05

congratulations Getoff smile

fairy I hope your dad is ok.

Suffolk a horrible injection on top of everything else, you are having a real time of it!

I am feeling a little more human today, really chuffed about that. still requires two different lots of medication but at least I am eating a little bit more. no bump or scan yet though so being me the lack of symptoms is making me paranoid. pregnancy is such a rollercoaster ride of emotions!

those with achey backs, there are some really good stretching exercises you can do in pregnancy. I found them in this book . It was a really good, sensible balanced guide to pregnancy and the early days as well I found.

SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 12:55:49

Fuck me the anti-D injection kills! The nurse warned me they'd made the needles bigger but I was not expecting that! I'm usually very good with injections but this one hurt!

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 29-Apr-13 12:29:35

fairy I hope your Dad is ok.

Hope that you're better soon suffolk

I've just had my first scan. One healthy baby, listened to the heartbeat. I feel so relieved! Will tell work now even though they've probably guessed that's where I've been this morning!

Got put forward by a day so now 13+3, due 1st Nov, although the consultant said he'd probably induce early.

suprisepitstop Mon 29-Apr-13 12:25:31

fairy do let us know about your dad, that is such a worry. i think as long as you are careful with the massages they should be fine. ive got a lingering sacrum injury that ive decided to fix before i am really pregnant as i cant imagine it is going to improve with weight and spinal imbalance. so ive had a couple of quite brutal deep sports massages which have been no problem, in fact my back is feeling amazing for it. plus chiropractor which is fine throughout. i think im going to commit to once a month throughout the pregnancy as i want to limit unnecessary aches and pains

berrybomb Mon 29-Apr-13 12:08:33

I've just added mine to my photos (I think), so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the nub theory - I think it's almost exactly 30 degrees from the spine!?

berrybomb Mon 29-Apr-13 11:58:54

*nub, not num!

berrybomb Mon 29-Apr-13 11:54:10

I tried the num theory and I have no idea whether it's more or less than 30 degrees, it's really hard to tell!

MummaPanda Mon 29-Apr-13 11:51:21

My scans tomorrow too, excited!! And am going to try the nub theory!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 29-Apr-13 11:07:54

Fx your dad is ok Fairy thanks

This thread is not accepting new messages.