Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - The Beginning of the Bumps

(998 Posts)
BinarySolo Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:02

StatsThread

Old thread getting full. Already!

LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 17:26:45
LexyMa Sat 30-Mar-13 17:23:35

new thread needed urgently!! hang on...

fl0b0t Sat 30-Mar-13 17:03:02

Again, weird as I'm the opposite... I've been forcing my husband to have a drink and enjoy himself!!

juniper9 Sat 30-Mar-13 14:50:56

weebarra I'm also having to glare at people drinking. I'm at a teaching conference and keep being offered free alcohol. Boo hiss.

weebarra Sat 30-Mar-13 12:45:37

Fl0bot - we're not going to find out either.
Up in the Highlands with DH's entire family this weekend. He has 3 sisters but our boys are the only grandkids. Getting irrationally irritated with everyone - they are all lovely but very noisy and like a drink so I'm just a bit grumpy I suppose!

fl0b0t Sat 30-Mar-13 11:10:07

Feeling a bit out of it all. No interest in finding out what gender and not taking old wives tales seriously or the "it's totally a boy" comments as said by random friends and strangers. Attended first proper party last night since getting pregnant and was introduced as "xxxxx's wife, who is pregnant" and then people only talked about pregnancy to me........boring. I have a life too!

JammyTummy Sat 30-Mar-13 10:13:08

I keep getting a really strange sensation after I pee- it starts off feeling like a tiny squeeze/ cramp and by the time I stand up its almost like a auctioning feeling! Very odd, only after peeing!

I've had a look at our big Sainsbury's this morning but couldn't find a maternity section hmm

BinarySolo Sat 30-Mar-13 07:34:58

Argh, sorry the maternity stuff was from mamas and papas factory shop in Huddersfield. Thought I'd put that, but my poor addled brain is all over the place. Sorry to mislead. I think some bigger supermarkets carry mat wear tho. Pretty sure George at asda does or at least used to.

Keepsmilingsunshine Sat 30-Mar-13 07:26:45

Happy holidays Hetty. I haven't been to York for years, but would love to go back.

My bump has appeared! grin There was nothing on Thursday when I woke up but by Thursday eve it had popped out. Now I look like I did at 6 months with DS...what's that all about!? Also, had an odd sensation last night, I was getting comfy in bed and rolled over when my belly felt as it something had trapped and then released, a bit of a clicking feeling, right at the top of my uterus.

Dorita75 Sat 30-Mar-13 06:56:26

Hi cheese you get a needle and cotton thread, or use a wedding ring, and dangle it over your bump. Start off with it hanging still and straight and it starts to move. In circles for a girl and side to side for a boy. My friend swears it's always been right! Good luck!

HettySunshine Sat 30-Mar-13 06:33:30

That's it! I am official on holiday for a whole week! Off to York on Monday for the last day of the chocolate festival and a trip to the Jorvik centre - can't wait!

CheeseStrawCraving Fri 29-Mar-13 23:42:53

Hi everyone, just checking in! Still waiting for 20 wk scan date in the post hmm

Just asked DH the boy/girl theory questions and when I said 'weight all on bump or thighs and bum too' he immediately answered, 'oh definitely bum and thighs too'. Hurrrrmmmppphhh angry

Can somebody explain the wedding ring/needle thing you're all talking about???

ION have become addicted to softmints... Not sure if this is an offshoot of quitting the fags when we found out though...

JammyTummy Fri 29-Mar-13 22:19:01

Oooooooh smile

frogchops Fri 29-Mar-13 22:07:12

I certainly did not have a 4 hour nap today and certainly did not just cry at Spider-Man (!?)

JammyTummy Fri 29-Mar-13 21:43:02

I can recommend asos preggers jeans! I got a pair in the skinny super soft- they're really nice but I did have to get them taken in and up a bit. They have nice pocket panels for stretchiness so no need for alter whole over the bump thing!

Manoodledo Fri 29-Mar-13 20:12:30

Damn those pregnancy hormones, I was crying this afternoon while watching Short Circuit 2 with the kids. Johnny Five, he's alive! Lol.

Got a chance to swap notes with someone I know who's got exactly the same due date as me, which was nice. Bizarrely, our second DSs were born a week apart and these two will be very close in age too. It was difficult to say whose bump was bigger, though when I mentioned to DH we could compare bumps before I went out he said, 'Bet yours is bigger.' Cheers for that!

badguider Fri 29-Mar-13 19:50:06

oh... wonder if my local sainsburys does mat stuff.. I'm still stuck in in-between land where i can't wear 'over the bump' trousers but also can't wear my normal trousers.. except for trackies. I've got some under bump jeans but need something smarter.

Got to go to london for a meeting on wednesday - i guess i'll have to wear a dress again.. i'm a bit bored of wearing dresses all the time.

LexyMa Fri 29-Mar-13 19:41:39

I got a nursing nightie half price from Mamas and Papas today. <boring> smile

ION I am quite itchy all over. Not to worrying levels, just slightly irritating. If I was wearing loose clothing it might be better. Must also try body lotion - have very much a 'wash n go' type of beauty regime but should start looking after myself this far into my 30s I suppose...

Creamtea1 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:56:13

Ooh binary I was in there today buying school shirts for DS's, didn't know they did mat stuff! May need to revisit tomorrow then.
DH is going out tonight so going to watch masterchef and great British menu whilst eating entire Easter egg, life in the fast lane smile

kimjayne Fri 29-Mar-13 18:52:46

Feeling sick again today after a couple of good weeks with mild sickness. sad gutted as thought I'd shifted that.
Anyway, in other news. I visited the mamas and papas outlet today. Bought some reduced mama mio goodies. Got a mum to be starter set and some miracle cream for about £13 each. Should have been about £30 each.
Just thought I'd share the love smile I'm determined to avoid stretch marks so Im plastering oils on like it's going out of fashion. smile

BinarySolo Fri 29-Mar-13 18:21:43

I bought the first thing for the new baby today. Orange sock ons. They were half price with 25% off at Sainsburys so only £1.50. I also got a pair of stretchy black wide leg maternity trousers and maternity jeans for just £1 a pair. Bargainamungos day!

KamikazeeKid Fri 29-Mar-13 18:02:46

redyellow I'm the same we have a son who will be 2 When this bumps born we never found out gender with him and have plenty if neutral bits. ..im convinced is a boy anyway...we won't be finding out beforehand

Im stocking up on nappies instead....boring!

Dorita75 Fri 29-Mar-13 17:17:45

mmmmm marmite cheddar kitten I've not had that for ageeess! Will have to settle for marmite and cheese on toast until I can get some.

My sister in law gave me loads of stuff today, bedding, growbags (are they really called that?) and some maternity clothes. I've started clearing out to make room for everything, so exciting!!

Really want a creme egg now after reading choc posts, wonder if dp will go and get me one??/

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Fri 29-Mar-13 17:09:39

I feel the need to buy something for the new baby! We have a two year old so don't need anything but I just want to buy something for it. We're not finding out the gender either which makes it tricky.

Kittenkatzen Fri 29-Mar-13 15:56:46

Ohhhh creamtea yes to competitive pregnancy syndrome from non preg friends - what is that about?! I've even had two people comment on my plan to breast feed with such helpful gems as "oh no bottles are much easier" <dismissive hand wave>.....and "well X did it and lasted 6 weeks" <meaningful stare>

I have a new craving today - marmite cheddar! Just eaten 3 minis in a row blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now