Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 7th Thread! From conception to birth...living proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 21:03:01

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw a few births, including one set of twins, and this one promises to be fruitful also with a number of us nearing the end of the 9 month wait!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 14th thread.

MrsBri Thu 18-Apr-13 10:06:00

That is so funny, kitten...feeling anxious about motherhood much?!

Waves, hope your PICC is more comfortable today and your sickness is easing.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 18-Apr-13 19:32:56

Hi all. Sorry I've been AWOL for awhile. Been nesting and hiding in my cave house. Am getting very very fed up of people saying 'gosh you're big', 'it must be any day now', 'are you sure there's just one in there?!, 'haven't you had that baby yet?' (to which I always want to reply 'yes I had the baby but left them at home and put a pillow up my jumper instead - I mean seriously, it is fairly obvious I haven't had the baby yet confused). So I am avoiding people unless absolutely necessary! That being said the school playground seems to be the worst place and I can't avoid that - still at least DCs are back at school/nursery now so I have a bit of time off during the day.

I went to an A/N clinic appt the other and my lovely consultant wasn't there sad but saw another Dr who wants to induce me at 40 weeks but this would have to be done in theatre by breaking my waters. I will not be going for this option unless medically necessary and despite being really fed up I am still determined to let nature take its course and get my homebirth. Incidentally I am measuring 46cm now! I dread to think how big I'll be if I go over by two weeks.

DH and I are having a curry and watching a film tonight if we can both stay awake long enough and normally we cuddle on the sofa. I think at the moment we will have to have long-distance cuddles with him on the sofa and me on my ball as it's the only place I feel comfortable these days grin

Sorry to hear about the PICC line Waves I can imagine that you're incredibly fed up now. Great news on getting the doula sorted though. And I agree, I think you are tremendous to cope so well with everything that is going on. Your DCs are lucky to have such a strong mummy.

grin at all the belly button ickiness - this sort of thing doesn't bother me thankfully (I won't even tell you what happened to mine last time).

I remember the weird dreaming phase of pregnancy, though haven't had it so much this time. I once dreamt that I had a baby and was carrying them round wrapped in a blanket and then I looked down and the baby had turned into a Pampered Chef adjustable measuring spoon confused - all very weird. I can't count the number of lost children/leaving babies dreams I've had over the years. I think it's just your mind trying to process everything.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.

tiredteddy Sat 20-Apr-13 11:37:02

Hey guinea, the constant questions must be really annoying. How's the nesting going? Hope the curry and film were good.

WingDefence Sun 21-Apr-13 03:58:34

Hi all. On phone typing one handed with my thumb so can't name check everyone I'm afraid. I can't believe there are do many of you getting so close to popping! I hunk we had a spurt of BFPs on the JSing thread didn't we? I can't remember if any of those ladies didn't make it onto this thread?

Guinea all those questions would test the patience of a saint! grin Keep going girl...

Practisingparent Sun 21-Apr-13 09:02:13

KITTEN very funny dream, I had loads of similar ones with my first pregnancy, particularly in the last trimester. Leaving/ losing baby in strange places, it hasnt happened yet thankfully! But I dont miss them this time around!

So I reach 40 wks on wednesday and will be seeing the consultant who I think will want to induce. I have been overdosing on EPO and drinking as much rasberry leaf tea as I can stand. DH and I have also had more sex than we have had throughout the rest of the pregnancy (altho not as as much as when TTC)! I even ate a very hot chilli yesterday and downed a carton of pineapple juice. No baby yet!!!

Guinea I also have had many comments, I think most mums i know knew i was due around the easter break, and now thats over, its like 'are you still here?

Pineapple80 Sun 21-Apr-13 22:34:04

Thinking of you Practising!

Speaking of dreaming I dreamt I was in labour shock!

Waves - how are you feeling lately, I hope the Picc line is not still hurting you...

Had quiet weekend & finished of buying baby essentials, mainly bedding, monitor, carrier and wraps. Very excited! Furniture still not arriving for another 3 weeks though confused.

Wishing u all well! Take care, I'm off to work now!!

Wing - beautiful photo of you both!!

Hooya Sun 21-Apr-13 23:55:23

Hello all! Have been awol too due to work, but 4 more days and we're off to the UK grin

Sorry to all those waiting to pop, must be frustrating when you want to meet baby!

We have our big scan on Wednesday - 20 weeks, though 6 days early due to the UK trip - so excited!!

WingDefence Mon 22-Apr-13 03:48:06

Thanks pineapple! shows off my dodgy British teeth though

Come on Guinea and practicising / we need you in the Just Mumming thread grin

tiredteddy Mon 22-Apr-13 12:37:35

Yes I agree with WING we need you both on the mumming thread PRACTISING and GUINEA grin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 22-Apr-13 16:23:22

Baby girl born today at 3.05pm. 8lb 9oz. Absolutely perfect. Feeding already like her brother and sister! Haven't done general announcement yet so please don't paste on FB yet, ta. Will update with lengthy birth story later, just wanted to let you all know x

MrsBri Mon 22-Apr-13 16:38:37

Congratulations, Guinea...fantastic news :-)

tiredteddy Mon 22-Apr-13 17:04:46

Wow guinea fabulous news., yay more lovely babies. Massive congratulations x

Phones broken do using DPs won't be around much because of that hope everyone is well xx

WingDefence Mon 22-Apr-13 19:35:21

Woo hoo Guinea!! I'm guessing a hospital visit was involved from the pic of your beautiful DD on FB? Hope you are okay and haven't got too much pain.

Take care of the mini Guineas! grin thanks

WingDefence Mon 22-Apr-13 19:36:36

And I thought you'd been quiet something!

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 22-Apr-13 21:04:31

Congratulations Guinea....I think I speak for us all when I say 'Finally!!' grin
Hope you're both doing well. x

Good luck practising, thinking of you.

Hooya, how does it feel being almost halfway through?

Not much going on here, 24+a couple weeks! Saw B/SIL over the weekend and her exact words were 'Jesus! I didn't expect you to be so big already'!

Congratulations guinea thanks

Pineapple80 Mon 22-Apr-13 22:26:50

Congratulations Guinea! smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 23-Apr-13 04:48:12

DD2 is over 12 hrs old!

Well...DH and I decided to JS on Saturday night and at about midnight I started getting strong contractions about every 7 minutes but what else is new?!. These felt different though and I also had lots of bloody show so I tried to get some sleep, to no avail unfortunately. Continued to contract over Sunday (even missed church) though they were a little less regular. As soon as DCs were in bed they ramped up in both intensity and regularity, coming every 4 minutes and like a tight band across my lower tummy. I had one of many baths!

Called the HB MWs who arrived at 3am ish. Everything was looking on course until DHS checked my urine and it had 4 + of protein in it, my blood pressure was slightly higher than normal for me and my ankles ballooned. We waited a good hr at home but BP was slightly higher when she rechecked and still lots of protein so she decided to transfer me in. Definitely coped better with the pain at home but on the plus side I got a lovely low-risk birth room with a mahoosive bath in it which I refused to leave for the next few hrs so DH and DDad have v. bad backs!.

Took until 1.30pm to get to 6cm and then did 6 to 10 in half an hr shock ! Did some involuntary pushing for about 20 mins then active pushing for about 20 mins as her heartrate kept dipping. She decided not to breathe properly at first but we still managed to get delayed cord clamping and she just needed a bit of help getting fluid off her lungs. Incidentally I have (nor had the MW, she said) seen so much fluid in my life - it just kept pouring out, I'm surprised Eleanor didn't come out wearing arm bands! Was lovely and soothing when she was crowning though smile .

Had my physiological 3rd stage and then was checked for tearing - had a really small tear but have an unusually short perineum apparently so it needed repairing in theatre. Just on noisy postnatal ward now but feeling great smile smile smile .

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 23-Apr-13 11:28:42

Congrats Guinea Glad that you are both doing well. smile You still managed a natural birth even with those concerns, which is great. For some reason I thought that they would whip baby out with forceps etc in a case like yours.

I am 35 weeks today and had a couple of big BH that woke me up last night, and one this morning, but I'm sure Baby is very comfy where s/he is and in no hurry to come out. Really hoping I won't go overdue though.

Gary people can be insensitive about size- like it's ok for them to say anything they like because you are pregnant. I think almost as many people have told me I'm huge as people have said I'm small and neat.

Pineapple80 Tue 23-Apr-13 12:26:19

Lovely birth story Guinea, glad you're both doing well.

Hooya - good luck with your 20 wk scan! Time has really flown!!

Child - wow 35 wks now, countdown is on! Were the BH painful at all? I tend to get them often if I've been on my feet a lot but always just feel that tightness.

I have reached 31 + 2 today. I have a growth scan next Monday and a checkup the following Thursday. The Dr who prodded & measured my belly last week commented he thought baby felt breech to him. I guess not too much of a worry at this stage, is it as there is time to turn? It's weird though because I feel the baby hiccups very low in my pelvis, so assumed head would've been down? Anyone know if hiccups low = head down? I am otherwise feeling good, just a bit tired in the afternoons. Have also been quite emotional/hormonal lately hmm. Hoping a good sleep with snap me out of it!

Have a good day ladies smile

notsoold Tue 23-Apr-13 19:20:31

Congratulations Guinea!!!!

Hooya hope you have a really good 20 week scan

Gary....I agree with you about how insensitive people can be....my dad says to worst things and gets told off by dm all the time ( normally in front of the people he has offended and he has to apologise)

Love to you all

WingDefence Tue 23-Apr-13 19:56:54

Guinea shame about your homebirth not coming through but the hospital room sounds fab and at the end of the day, it does sound like you needed to be there with everything that happened! thanks

I am getting excited about the other new babies heading our way soon! I can't believe DD will be 4 weeks old on Friday shock It's gone bloody quickly but I do think that's a good thing, right?! grin

Talking of new blood babies, I've not been on the JSing thread for a long time because I don't recognise most of them (how quickly time flies) apart from Bear I think. But we've not had anyone join us for seemingly aaages over on this grads Fred. Do they need some encouragement?!

Practisingparent Tue 23-Apr-13 22:32:19

Congrats Guinea, sounds like a fantastic birth, despite missing out on your home birth, well done! Knew you would get there before me! Am a lot envy, but trying to savour my last few nights of decent sleep!

I go for my 40 wk appointment tomorrow morning, and then they should plan an induction for later this week.

Had a pregnancy massage today in the hope,it may stimulate some action, also finished a rather delicious vindaloo. Next job is to seduce dh. No signs yet...

notsoold Tue 23-Apr-13 22:35:30

Wing...I may have been the last one??? Or I am mistaken???

This thread is not accepting new messages.