Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Graduated Elderberries (thread 2)

(1000 Posts)
Cavort Sat 02-Mar-13 10:10:47

Oops, seems we ran out of room without noticing!

MotherOfCleo Sat 06-Apr-13 08:17:58

I have a white grape smile yeah Im with you cavort, its the 'getting it out' part that is scary. blush

MotherOfCleo Sat 06-Apr-13 08:21:43

Oh and with regard to man sheds, my OH will be giving up his games room (yes I let him have a games room, complete with 42"tv, xbox360, ps3, dvd player and sky) for it to become the babies room so god knows what he will want instead. hmm

Alexandra6 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:51:22

My DH would be so jealous of your OH's games room! He has a weights room though but needs to get rid of his weights machine as it's becoming a nursery! He mentioned having it downstairs at one point but then pretended he was joking when he saw my face wink With that and having to sell his sports car for a practical car last year, times are changing haha!

Cavort Sat 06-Apr-13 10:56:17

My DH takes up enough of my house (as I keep reminding him, he is merely the lodger) with his office without having his own toy room as well (as much as he'd love one). Boys and their toys, eh. Oh well, it keeps them off our backs grin

HazleNutt Sat 06-Apr-13 11:36:46

you're all so lucky that you can force DHs to move their stuff. DH works from home and he actually needs his office - so if we want to have a nursery and also keep a separate guest room, I need to find a new place for my shoes (wails). Of course, a lot of women have said that their feet grew during pregnancy and never went back to the original size, so I might end up with a massive amount of shoes I can't wear anyway..

Cavort Sat 06-Apr-13 11:39:49

I will be beyond gutted if my shoes don't fit after this! confused

I heard that about the shoes as well but I refuse to dwell on it, although my feet are a ridiculously small size so id be upset that I'd have to replace them all but if my feet did go up a size it would mean I could actually find shoes.

Alexandra6 Sat 06-Apr-13 16:33:36

I've only worn some of my shoes like my lovely nude LK Bennetts once so better wear them lots while I can then!

HazleNutt Sat 06-Apr-13 17:33:54

Doesn't happen to everybody, my mum and sis managed to escape the curse of expanding feet, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 10:54:05

Does anybody know at what point your feet are likely to grow, if indeed they are going to at all? Is it related to the swelling which some pg women get? Do feet swell with water retention and just don't go down again afterwards? I really don't want cankles either! confused

Uughhh karma bit me on the ass big time, spent the entire night throwing up literally every 20 minutes or so and shaking violently in between. Don't think I have ever been so ill in my life, even my amazing stomach couldn't cope with the might of this virus. Will be more sympathetic next time OH is sick I promise!

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 11:14:48

Sorry to hear that Purple . Do you feel better now? Get theeself to the Doctor if not, it's bad enough being upduffed without illness on top thanks

Thanks , they won't see you at the GP surgery these days if you've got sickness and diarrhoea because they don't want you spreading it to everyone else but I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple of days. Apparently it's spreading like wildfire around the country at the moment so fingers crossed none of you lovely ladies get it as it is not nice at all. Is it bad as well that as I was being sick I was thinking 'damn it! I'm going through all this and it's not even going to make me thin!'

janey1234 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:37:16

Oh purple that's awful. So sorry you're feeling so bloody ill, poor you. Seek advice if it's really bad as you shouldn't get dehydrated...

Cavort - I think it's all the ligaments relaxing, and you feet kind of stretch and get bigger and wider. Think swelling cankles do go away though. Not sure when the bigger-for-ever feet thing happens though. So far mine haven't changed, and at a size 40 already I really don't want them to!

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 11:39:14

So Doctors' policy these days is to ban ill people from the surgery?? Makes perfect sense confused

janey1234 Sun 07-Apr-13 11:40:58

Cross post cavort/purple.
Grrrr so frustrating. Understand why they try to contain it, but when you're pregnant you can't risk getting too dehydrated?! Def call midwive helpline at your hospital if you can't keep water down....

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 11:43:02

Thanks Janey. No sign of any foot growth for me yet, thank goodness <gazes lovingly at favourite shoes>

I know it's stupid really isn't it but I suppose the doctors don't want to get it! (And who can blame them). Managing to keep my fluids up now I can keep them down so I think I'll be ok. Got to go tony local hospital Wednesday for a pgp clinic...my local hospital has an outbreak of noro virus at the moment hmm hopefully not in physiotherapy though hey!

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 19:23:37

Good news, sounds like the worst has passed then smile

I was on a cruise a few years ago when there was a norovirus outbreak and I've never seen anything like it! As you walked down stairs there would be literally someone following you spraying the air and wiping the bannister with antibacterial spray. Anyone who got it was quarantined to their cabins 24/7 (what a cracking holiday they must have had). I hope your hospital isn't like that, it was quite disconcerting.

Given that they've had repeated outbreaks there, clearly not! Yes, this is the hospital I'll be giving birth at hmm

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 20:54:04

Home birth? hmm

Ha ha ha yeah, like there are LESS germs in here! grin
Really don't know whether to attempt going to work tomorrow, haven't been sick since this morning but I also haven't managed to eat anything apart from ice lollies. I already called in sick twice last week so I feel like I should go but not sure how wobbly I'm going to be after days with barely anything to eat. Don't want to go keeling over on the office, too embarrassing.

janey1234 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:39:04

Don't go in purple. I just think that now isn't the time to put work above your health.

I've had an exhausting day. My gorgeous 93 year old nan had a stroke so at 5pm this afternoon had to dash up from london to Worcester to see her. She can't speak, bless her, but seemed in good spirits. So I shan't be in the office first thing. Some things are just more important hey.

Hope you're still feeling a bit better purple

Oh no Janey, hope she's ok x

Cavort Sun 07-Apr-13 22:12:31

Don't go * Purple*. Get yourself fully back on your feet first or you might end up back to square one. And if you go back and then end up off again it's 2 periods of absence rather than just the one.

Really sorry to hear about your Nan Janey, I really hope she's ok thanks You're absolutely right, your family should take priority over work.

MW appointment tomorrow afternoon. I've had another bash at DIY fundal height measurement and it's just below the 10th centile line. I really hope i've cocked up the measuring. Although I did notice she's got my height wrong by 5cm on my customised chart so the correct height might tip me over the line into the normal zone.

This thread is not accepting new messages.