Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BROOKING NO ARGUMENT! we will be full to bursting with Springtime graduates all preparing for their sneeze births (part 15)

(999 Posts)
NewYearNewBoo Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:26

Thought I would do us a new thread, I have gone seasonal again, but we will be so busy welcoming our new gradustes it will soon fill up, I am Brooking No Argument

ignoring the fact I could be sneezing on this thread

GreenOlives Fri 10-May-13 23:02:10

So sorry to hear your sad news rubber Thinking of you thanks

keepitgoing Sat 11-May-13 07:05:05

Oh, Jen I'm so sorry to hear this x

Withalittlesparkle Sat 11-May-13 21:12:02

Apparently twinks is as big as a cantaloupe today (approx 5.5lbs) and as he's been squirming non stop today I think he must be growing every second!!

Sweetie and keep how are you both feeling?!

Rubber hope you're as ok as you can be, un-MN hugs

SweetieTime Sat 11-May-13 21:35:03

Poor twinks is probably getting a bit squished in there now

I am fine thanks. counting down to scan on Tuesday. I just want to know everything is okay before I really believe it. Very sore boobs today but no other real symptoms. Will just wait to see what happens on Tuesday.

Bullets hope you are ok, I will join sparks in those hugs

Aaw, twinkle is getting all ready to say hi smile can't wait, so excited for you!

Sweetie I know what you mean about seeing it to believe it or seeing them to believe them in your case wink

Rubber hope you're taking care of yourself, I will make it a group brooking hug for you.

Keep how are you??

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 09:42:38

Sweetie what will you be on Tuesday?

SweetieTime Sun 12-May-13 15:52:42

Sparks 7 weeks on Tuesday. still don't feel real yet. but did feel really sick earlier, nearly had to ask dh to pull over so I could be sick out of the car door. classy meblush

I am not sure what to expect from ms. does it come over you so quickly and then go again as quickly as it arrived?

Sparks your afternoon with geek sounds really good. Very envy

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 16:07:08

Sweetie re morning sickness, mine started off with me being a little queasy and me thinking 'ok this isn't do bad' then after about a week it's hideous... But everyone is different!

Couple of things that helped me... Even of you're not hungry make sure you snack often, even if its just a few crackers, keeps your stomach lined at all times. Always carry a drink with you, I oddly couldn't really stomach water so I would just add a drop of squash, sipping on something will help as well. When you're out and about in a car take a bowl with you, that ways you're not as worries about actually being sick! Oh and keep a ready supply of hard sweets (polos, mints, chuppa lollies) I found sucking on one of thoses keep me feeling ok (deployed just before I went to meetings was an absolute life saver)

Oh and IF you do suffer like I did, 3 times a day, projectile... Then get a little travel tooth brush, tooth paste and mouthwash!! You'll feel tons better afterwards if you can just freshen yourself up a little!!!

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 16:08:07

Oh and if you find yourself effected by smells try mum and me relaxing spray from boots! I still use it now smile

SweetieTime Sun 12-May-13 16:26:43

thankssparks I will definitely look for that as my sense of smell has really changed. I am forever asking poor dh if he can smell x. He never can though and poor dog has never been bathed so often either, she seems to have developed a very strange odor hmm

SweetieTime Sun 12-May-13 16:41:44

Sparks i have just looked on Boots web site. It is a room spray? I was expecting more like a Bachs rescue remedy type thing. How did you use it?

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 17:33:09

Yup that's the one, I used it mostly at night, just a few sprays around the and every smells much better, just allowed me to get over the smell long enough to eat! It's good round that

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 17:44:54

Sorry it's good round the house too

They do a minty one too that I used to carry round in case I had a hot flush

Sweetie with dd I started being sick at 5 weeks and stopped at 14 weeks. It was all day, every day for 9 hellish weeks. I tried all the usual suggestions but the only thing that worked for me was greasy food. I'm not suggesting you need to eat this but if it gets to that stage then just be prepared to eat anything and everything and hopefully you will stumble on what works for you. It was so bad sometimes that I wouldn't even make it back into the front room before having to turn and run back to the bathroom again. Eating greasy food made the sickness stop, everything else came straight back up again smile

SweetieTime Sun 12-May-13 19:12:21

Rubber how are you doing my dear? lovely to see you and thanks for the tips. It sounds like you had it pretty grim. So far anything I have had has passed pretty quickly thank goodness.

Sparks I am defo going to look into those

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 19:34:34

Agree with rubber, greasy food is a good idea IF your body is craving it just eat it!

Hope you're ok rubber x

rubber hope ur doing ok.
two words for you sweetie, haribo sourz smile

SweetieTime Sun 12-May-13 19:55:13

face don't tell me that, I am a Haribo junkie at the best of times, but with a genuine excuse I would be looking like a Haribo grin

I went out to do the groceries today. DD has been a pest today, she had a 10 min nap in the car but apart from that hasn't slept today. She's so tired but won't sleep sad

Withalittlesparkle Sun 12-May-13 22:07:48

Rubber do you think that DD is picking up on the heightened emotions? Sure she'll settle down soon though

I'm developing a love hate relationship with my exercise ball, Im not really sure what I'm meant to be doing with it and every time I sit on it it starts to slowly deflate! Still I shall persevere with it! Twinks doesn't move as much when I'm on it so it gives me bruised insides a rest

keepitgoing Tue 14-May-13 04:19:24

sweetie hope you're OK, and masses of luck for today. I'm going on hold about midday your time, so hoping to hear news of the twins by then... Thinking of you. I was so so nervous.

I'm 11+4!! Nearly at the magic 12 weeks, scan a week on Saturday.

When I eat haribos I eat the sour ones till my mouth get sore. Not good...

Withalittlesparkle Tue 14-May-13 06:32:50

Good luck sweetie so excited for you

I couldn't eat haribo, it made my vomit taste of sweets

keepitgoing Tue 14-May-13 06:55:50

Grr I just saw your appointment isn't till 3.30... Will have to wait till we get there in the morning, damn! X

Hello, just popping in to brook for sweetie and the twins

Ooh * sweetie* masses of brooking for your scan smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now