Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013 Part 7: As our miracle Alex continues to grow & the one that sees us reach TERM

(996 Posts)
toobreathless Thu 21-Feb-13 18:56:25

Over here Ladies!

As the title suggests our fore runners will almost certainly hit 37 weeks this thread.

And the wonderful little Alex will hopefully continue to go from strength to strength and edge closer to the door home with Mama

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1658011-April-2013-part-six-what-does-the-third-trimester-have-in-store

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

Trishstar Fri 15-Mar-13 11:57:02

Oops you said 1st baby! I blame preg brain xx

Knewtothis Fri 15-Mar-13 12:18:17

Thanks for the welcome trish! No, no other children and don't know what this will be, it was in a funny position at last scan so sonographer couldn't tell me! Either will be brilliant! I can't wait! ( well, could happily skip the birth part!!)

Trishstar Fri 15-Mar-13 12:45:35

Whereabouts are you? I'm in Birmingham xxx if you scroll down the thread you will find the link to our Facebook group if you want to join it! Nice to put names to faces x

35+3 grin

enjay0811 Fri 15-Mar-13 13:05:46

knew welcome! Never too late to join! As ur due towards the end of the mth, hopefully u can enjoy hearing about all the arrivals and pick up sum hints and tips!

Welcome to all of the arrivals too, sooo exciting! Agree with jh been kind of wishing these last wks away but now its near the end, gonna miss it!

crazy had scan in the wk and they measured the head bout 10 times cos they were worried bout it bein small. Turned out babe was jst led in funny position, was very low down and couldn't get a proper measurement so try not to worry x

In me, me, me news...placenta has moved so all set for a homebirth now!yay!

35 wks today!

EmpressMatilda Fri 15-Mar-13 13:07:44

Thanks for posting all the lovely baby pics on fb, they really make me smile! It was especially great to see Alex after hearing so much about him.

I am happy to wait my turn though. I'm 37 weeks today so just hit full term. We're off to Devon for the weekend and although I am taking hospital bag and notes with me I don't want or expect him to be born just yet! I need another couple of weeks to potter around getting things ready and get rid of this stinking cold!

Ah well. What will be will be. It will be wonderful to meet my little boy whenever he's ready.

giddypants Fri 15-Mar-13 14:59:38

Such a lovely picture of Alex mama hes a little trooper!

Helloknew never too late to join in grin

Popped into anti natal day unit this morning, as I've not felt much movement over the past 24 hours, only to be met with a snippy MW who obviously thought I was wasting her time, was so upset about he manner and so relieved to hear baby's heart beat I just broke down, where she turned a bit softer.
After having a baby who was born with no signs of life, I'm just a bit more worried about this one.
I could understand if the unit was busy but I was the only one there!!!

Trishstar Fri 15-Mar-13 15:05:49

That's bad of the MW giddy! Both times I've been in for reduced movement (2 different hospitals) they've been great and not let me go until I've felt reassured, heard HB, felt movement and been monitored sufficiently.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 15-Mar-13 15:32:49

That's awful giddy! I said to my MW on Tuesday morning baby was a bit quieter (think it had shifted position) and said she We take any changes in movement very seriously so call the labour ward if you're at all concerned. That's how it should be! Imagine if you were worried again and it put you off going again?! I'm glad the baby is ok anyway.

Welcome knew. Never too late!

empress have a lovely weekend.

I'm am enjoying my day off. Enough energy to do a bit of cleaning but now chilling out with a cuppa smile Can't wait for this time next week when it'll be long term!

photochick Fri 15-Mar-13 16:52:03

So exciting seeing all these babies arrive! I am hoping I don't go overdue but also hoping this one holds on a bit longer, not least beacuse I need my last 3 weeks at work to get my office sorted as would be totally ashamed if colleagues saw it now! I'm due a few days after Dysgu, so its amazing to see a baby the same size and weight as mine is now iyswim!

Thank you to everyone positng pics - its lovely to see all your babies grin.

Hi knew (waves) welcome to our group!

Really sorry that the MW was not very nice Giddy my MW has said a million times - come in if you are not happy. She really should not have dismissed your concerns.

34 weeks today. Placenta check scan was amazing yesterday - baby looks big in there now but all perfect, estimate of 5lbs 2oz and placenta has moved. I will put a pic on my profile (didn't know you could do that!).

Knewtothis Fri 15-Mar-13 17:27:22

Thank you to all who have said hello and waved to me, you are a very friendly bunch! I'm in the Midlands area too. Sadly don't have Facebook so can't see all your profiles but think I can make a profile here? Can't work out how to name check in bold ? On an iPad though maybe itcan't be done?

Have a restful evening all !

LikeCandy Fri 15-Mar-13 18:08:04

Hi all and welcome knew (btw bold = asterix either side of name, e.g * knew * with no gaps gives knew, definitely works on iPad!)

Feel like I'm missing out not joining the FB group, but thanks all for not forgetting us left on the forum! grin

I have been so uncomfortable all day - back ache and bump ache. I hope this means we're getting close and not that this is how things are going to be for he next week or so!

faith & giddy baby Candy was very quiet the last couple of days (but still moving) and has gone nuts today - I guess it's to do with positioning? Still worrying when it happens though!

empress have a lovely weekend away.

Hope everyone else has a suitably lazy weekend planned?
There's an NCT sale I hope to get to tomorrow, then mothercare (to buy a crib!) and ikea (for a chest of drawers) and once those are built we're done and ready!

37+2

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 15-Mar-13 18:13:15

like I assume its a combo of position and also what I eat - more sugar = more wriggles! Whenever I'm worried I resolve to seek help within a certain time only for baby to pick up the pace again.

Sadly I have work tomorrow but it'll be my last weekend shift for 7 months smile

giddypants Fri 15-Mar-13 18:18:16

Thank you for all your kind words, baby has gone quiet before, but only for about 12 hours or so, when I told my mw she said I should have rang for reassurance, and gave me a bit of a lecture that I wouldn't be wasting anyone's time and if I'm worried.
When your in a vulnerable position the last thing you need is someone making you feel an inch tall! Anyway tomorrow is another day x

Dysgu Fri 15-Mar-13 18:43:08

Happy smiles to everyone who is now on, or getting close to being on maternity leave. Is strange being home with Evan in the hospital but it is easier being home as DDs find it hard when I am away... much easier to balance having a NICU baby when it is the only one!! Still, this will be our last one so it is just the time we need to get through until we can bring him home.

Today he was able to come out for a cuddle. I got first go but DP was there too (and actually got longer as I had to go off to talk to diabetes nurse). DD2 was with us and he seems to be fine with her poking and stroking and kissing him all the time - he has probably heard her from inside so knew what he was coming out to grin

Then this evening DP has taken DD1 up to see Evan and he got to do a first nappy change which is nice so he and DD1 don't feel left out.

Still no real success on the expressing front - I am managing a drop (literally) from each side but hopefully a longer cuddle tomorrow will help things improve.

Hi knew everyone here is very friendly - hope you have had a good pregnancy and can enjoy your final few weeks.

Giddy that really doesn't sound good from the MW, especially if you have been through such a difficult time before - although surely they should treat every anxious MTB with compassion. Shame you had to cry for her to be nice!

usernamegoeshere Fri 15-Mar-13 19:20:16

Welcome knew!

Aw dysgu sounds like you are having some lovely cuddles! Am jealous.

Giddy glad you got checked, I had a quiet day movement wise yesterday but today is making up for it, baby is jumping around like crazy and I have pretty bad lower back pains, feels like my period !!

Going to go cook pancakes, I think they will distract me

36 weeks today

SneezySnatcher Fri 15-Mar-13 20:36:10

Hello Knew and congratulations to the new arrivals! I cannot believe how many babies are here already. I'm very envy

Well, I'm term tomorrow and I would love this baby to arrive soon. DD is desperate to meet him. I told her he'd come after she was three (which was Tuesday) so yesterday she asked why he wasn't here yet because she's three and he's taking 'for ages' (I agree)!

I'm trying not to wish away the last few weeks, and I'm fully expecting to go over, but I can't help wishing every BH (and I'm having lots) would turn into the real thing!

Crazytictac Fri 15-Mar-13 21:02:15

Thanks enjay. Baby seems to have caught up slightly now so only measuring a week behind (which by my calcs and not official date would put it on target in any event). Hurrah!

Welcome knew, hope you find the thread useful!

giddy agree with what the others have posted. She sounds unprofessional at best. Don't let that attitude put you off going in again if you have a similar episode, it's just not worth the risk.

Am fit to burst as have been out for a meal with DH. DS is having his first sleepover at grandparents, feels very strange!

36 + 0

itsaruddygame Fri 15-Mar-13 23:49:00

mama floss and * dysgu* nice to know I am not alone on the journey to milk production. I was getting a bit despondent so good to know it's normal to take time.

floss I hope you get a date soon so that you are not in limbo anymore. You have had a tough few weeks.

I am finding it impossible to sleep in here so am a bit tired and emotional however on the good news front it looks like we can go home tomorrow all being well. I just can't wait! Harry had his first bath today in a tummy tub. We dunked him in there in a swaddle and then slowly removed it. He absolutely loved it and did not cry at all. It did get a bit tricky when he pooed in there though and we had to start over - lol!

dysgu I hope Evan is doing well and won't need to be in nicu for too long.

Hope all you preggo ladies have a good weekend - put your feet up and make a sure you get spoiled!

Trishstar Sat 16-Mar-13 00:30:24

Ooh another midlander Knew! Fab xxx let me know if you wanted to do a meet up at any point!

Fluffeh Sat 16-Mar-13 06:49:39

Waves at knew my dd is a couw of days before yours. It's weird seeing all these babies born already knowing mine is still at least 3 weeks off term!

giddy how awful if the midwife sad. I'm glad you got the reassurance and baby is good but it shouldn't mean you have to be reduced to tears to be treated sympathetically. I hope your feeling brighter today.

BH's are making me really uncomfortable. I have a shunt that leads to my peritoneal cavity and baby has pushed it a little out of place so instead of the fluid being reabsorbed its pooling just above the baby. So when the bh's tighten everything it's pushing on my lungs really firmly and is quite painful. My neuro said it shouldn't cause any damage but will be painful - he was right!
Still, there's only 5 weeks 2 days max till the baby is moving out I'll just hold on to that haha!

EssexWelsh Sat 16-Mar-13 09:13:25

So lovely to hear how our babies are doing.

Hello to knew.

Fingers crossed to fluffeh and any others with rubbish symptoms.

I'm just getting the motivation to get up, long day ahead. NCT Pudding club at 10, then meeting at bank at 1.30 then the rugby...in a pub at 4. DP will not let me stay after rugby as isn't keen on an 8 1/2 preggars lady be out and he's not drinking for rest of month in preparation, actually loving him turning all bossy and protective!

Have a fab weekend ladies grin

Knewtothis Sat 16-Mar-13 12:14:10

Just trying my new found skill, thanks like
trishstar I"m in Leicestershire .
All you with babies already, I am very jealous. Enjoy your cuddles !

num3onway Sat 16-Mar-13 13:59:04

Good afternoon ladies!
Hope all bumps n babies are doing well! I'm feeling strangely motivated and energised today! Just had lovely bath n now gonna crack on with housework
Has anyone had diamorphine in labour?
37+1

bext Sat 16-Mar-13 14:47:55

Hi knew, we're due date buddies!

For those not on Facebook tatooed had her twins yesterday. Lovely looking boys woody and milo at over 5lbs each. Congrats tatooed!!

I'm feeling very lazy today so am using the excuse of practising my hypnobirthing cd to have a lie down wink

LikeCandy Sat 16-Mar-13 16:05:09

Thanks for the update bext

tattooed massive congrats on the arrival of your boys, and what fantastic names!!! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now