Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 Part 3 - Adventures in the second trimester!

(989 Posts)
FoofFighter Wed 06-Feb-13 17:46:22
beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:11:27

Yayy congrats gary xx

RugBugs Thu 07-Feb-13 11:12:01

Glad the scan went well Gary.
We have some tesco vests from DD and they've stayed really nice and soft, were my favourite ones to use actually. The asda ones we have went stiff and thin quite quickly.

Off to peek at Beckie's DSs scan!

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:19:17

I've been super organised this time, already sorted the pram and the cot out smile left everything last min with ds2 and was so stressful, I wanted a single pram, but ds1 starts big school in September, and don't think it be fun walking down with 1 pram and ds1&2 both walking, so got a ted&Phil (think it is) double

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:19:59

He will be 30 in august and i will be 23 in august. My dd is such a good kid, eats everything u put infront of her. Sleeps 7:30pm til 8:30am every day. Hardly cries and isnt naughty much. But he still seems to think it will be hard even tho shes so good. I have the same age gap wih my sister (shes older) and i loved it when we was so close. That what i want for my kids. Dh cousin just had baby and she only has 15 months between her 2 boys. I dont know what is wrong with him.
Xxx

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:34:25

Aww different age to my dp then thought it may have been an age thing, my dp is 24. Thats Brill she sounds a star smile my 2 boys are terrors lol, ds2 will be 2 in April and still doesn't sleep up around 10x a night and ds1 was same up until 1 month before ds2 was born. There is 2.4yrs in both my ds's and there will be just short of 2.4 with ds2 and this baby. It is hard but its easy done and managed, he will see smile xxx

RuckAndRoll Thu 07-Feb-13 11:49:01

christelle wrt nct classes, we're not bothering as apparently the nhs ones are really good around here. also we could afford it, but we would rather not pay out if we don't have to.
I've found a place called physiobumps I've signed up for. run by a midwife and physio and looks great as i have a dodgy back already.

FoofFighter Thu 07-Feb-13 12:27:18

Lots of movement last night, kept me company in the wee hours when i was awake on and off all night, felt like someone had their hand in me and was rummaging!

Teeth crumbling/falling out is my recurring dream when I am worried about something, not had it for a while. I also have dreams about running but not getting anywhere, and driving a car (I can't drive) can guess what the running is, but not what driving is.

Beckie - Phil&Teds are ace! I had one when I was a CM and loved it to pieces. I always fancied a camo one but had to make do with red/grey sad

Talking of prams etc, anyone got any idea what they are going for? I'm going to get an Obaby Zezu, does everything we need it to and most importantly has a very roomy carrycot (well it's a 2in1 convertible seat unit rather than sep) as we live in Scotland and winters can be fierce.

Ruck - up here we get a physio appt automatically between 12 and 22 weeks to discuss any concerns and to learn proper posture etc. You self refer.

Mayanbob Thu 07-Feb-13 12:35:11

gary congrats on scan.

I wish mine took 5 mins! Epic morning. In short, scan is good. Little Puddin did a shoulder stand through the whole thing making NT difficult. At one point they had to call for back up because they thought my bladder was in the wrong side and My vaginal canal was in the wrong place!!! Turned out the equipment was wrong, I am not a freak and my NT is normal.

Took photos to MiL to give her the news to find her acting strangely and not well. Phoned 111, amulance sent and now DH with her at hospital. Seems ok, but worrying still. Still, DH has just shown her photo and she is happy.

Work this pm but currently hiding out in evil coffee shop as suit jacket with DH at hospital. I'm still in gel-y trousers and am completely bewildered. Still I wasn't making it up! I am definately pregnant! And so far so good.

Dexidoo Thu 07-Feb-13 12:41:06

Congrats on today's scans!

Marking my place in the new thread

Ooh Isabella Oliver code, thanks chuck!

12+1

RuckAndRoll Thu 07-Feb-13 12:46:20

foof there was something about physio in the pile of paperwork the midwife gave me, but it's drop in for an hour which I feel might only be used for once a problem occurs. It's also at the hospital on the far side of the city, and this one is 5 minutes around the corner!

Mayan and Gary congratulations on good scans and active babies smile can't wait until tomorrow to see ours. oh and Mayan thanks for reminding me to take a change of trousers in the car, last time I had am abdominal ultrasound gel got everywhere and work was not fun that afternoon!

FoofFighter Thu 07-Feb-13 12:46:41
beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:09:59

Aww thanks foof mines black and lime green.

Is there anyone on this thread who's already had 3 dc's? I'm worried about afterpains with this one. Didn't have none with ds1 but ds2 ouuchh, cause he was breastfed that made it worse, so would like to know peoples expiriences xx

LexiLoganberryBump Thu 07-Feb-13 13:10:54

I'm rather pissed off, was just chatting to DH about our scan next week and he's just old me that he's on another course and won't be able to attend, really annoyed as when it was arranged the midwife arranged it around DH work and it's probably too short notice to get it altered now.

When you've had your scans have you gone alone or with your partners?

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:42:40

lexi I went alone at my 12wk n probably will be at 20wk DP works 1.5hrs away so cant get home and refuses to take a day off cause he's self employed and it leaves his work partner on his own which is not really possible. I was sad but once there it was fine xx

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 13:53:38

I feel like i'm about to shoot myself over buggys! I dont like the ones that look like the little one in the shopping basket. No offence if people do, my own opinion. So struggling sad

Becki hopefully our dh's buck their ideas up and quick!
Xxx

RugBugs Thu 07-Feb-13 14:00:20

Lexi my DP is a teacher and it's just pure luck that he's been able to come with me. He had a random day free from classes yesterday, any other day and I would have had to go alone (well with DD).

Beckie I've also got a black and lime phil&teds (explorer), only buggy we've ever purchased and I love it! It was great in the snow and slush the other week. I won't need to use it as a double hopefully (DD will be 2.9) so I've got the peanut to use from newborn.

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:00:50

I don't like any double prams abi and refused to have 1 last time but it was easier then ds1 loved to walk, and I lived in center so didn't walk far, but this time I was also looking at singles and DP said you need to be realistic you cannot have single this time, which he's correct about really lol xxx

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:02:33

rugs think thats what mine is. Mother in law is keeping it at hers wen we collect it next week xx

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:14:14

I love the bagile double. Can connect a carseat but its a side by side so might not be good for shopping. Its just a head ache to be honest
Xxx

JollyRedGiant Thu 07-Feb-13 14:18:15

DS will be 2.4 when this bump is born, so we are just going to buy a buggy board. He's good at walking already as i make him walk a lot. I need some new wheels for the pram though as ours are knackered. We used the pram for DS to sleep in downstairs during the day and the Moses basket upstairs at night. I think we will do the same for this one. Especially if I'm having a section and not able to carry the basket up and down the stairs.

We've bought a second hand Bugaboo Chameleon on ebay and got new replacement fabrics and bits so it looks (nearly) as good as new but cost less than £300 rather than £800
DH has enjoyed stripping it apart and making it shiny, clean and well-oiled...
It is SOOOO easy to use and swap between pram/pushchair - just need the Pebble (will buy new) and ISO-FIX base (trawling ebay) now :-)

FoofFighter Thu 07-Feb-13 15:11:23

I had a Cam (and a Frog at one point) loved them both and would have again in a heartbeat if we had the budget. Best single buggy I ever had.

as for doubles, if you don't like P&T style (which would rule out most of the inline ones aside from the older style tank ones like graco duo) then consider side by side, they are usually not more than 74cm wide which means they will fit in a standard doorway - my favourite is the Nipper, can push it with one finger even fully loaded with 2 children in smile

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 17:00:13

I've just looked at the obaby twin zezu anyons got it? What do u think of it?
Xx

blondecat Thu 07-Feb-13 17:05:27

I thought about buggy boards but I am worried about controlling DD when we take buses and go in longer outings with the buggy

She also got v protective of her buggy lately. She won't let me put shopping on it and gets upset if she can't get inside as soon as she sees it. I worry she would get b jealous of the little one

Any buggy board experiences ?

Spotting stopped for 2 days. And just started again with a vengeance. I had dared to hope it was over. Sigh.

I guess we could get a double buggy too but three prams in one house shock

duende Thu 07-Feb-13 18:07:40

I only need a single buggy as DS will be 4 when he baby arrives. I'm considering uppababy vista, baby jogger versa and maybe icandy strawberry. All 3 have parent facing option, all fold in 1 piece and the vista carrycot is certified for overnight sleeping.

With DS we had a pliko pramette and then a petite star zia and now a Maclaren.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now