Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 14-Feb-13 19:57:28

I usually like them, but I am finding them quite sickly sweat at the moment. which isn't usually a problem

< hides from Jojo> meep!
Omg I have the wriggley baby ever!! She's not stoped all day or yesterday, this way and that kicks moves goodness knows what she's doing!
I thought this was going to be my sedate calm baby shock

Hahah, so glad I'm not the only one with a hyperactive fetus, Kitty. This kid has been going CrAZy. My belly has been jiggling and bumping around all day. Her favorite place to kick is directly down on my cervix=not fun.

Jojobump1986 Thu 14-Feb-13 23:49:23

Mine was doing that yesterday during dinner. I don't mind normal kicks but when he kicks straight down like that it's really weird! Made me jump every time!

Yes I normally love that baby moving feeling but sometimes yesterday it felt like my insides were being scratched iykwim and getting belted in the bladder or down below, really strange feelings that I definatly didn't get last time

Librarina Fri 15-Feb-13 08:23:56

Is it too early in the morning for a Creme Egg for me? Am I too late, have I missed the Creme Egg Fun?
I like to keep them in the fridge, in the egg tray, then eat them with a cup of tea.

My bump still wriggles and kicks me, but I'm starting to like the feeling s little more now, it's not quite as violent as it was and kicks are less into my bladder and more in my belly which is better.

I worked out yesterday, I have 12 weeks of work left. Scary!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 15-Feb-13 09:20:13

Ooh bring I hate that feeling.

Lorelei353 Fri 15-Feb-13 12:26:46

Mine's an active little thing too. Some really low and quite hard kicks too. Sometimes is just hanging out on my bladder too.

I can eat Creme Eggs with impunity again now - I got my fasting glucose test result back this morning and it's all clear. Happy days. It wasn't a full diagnostic test so I'll still do the normal Lucozade one at 28 weeks but it does appear that the recent sugar in my urine was just an abnormal little spike.

That's great news lor, practically an invite for all things sweet to make the most of it
Lib, here's your egg buddy!!

Jojobump1986 Fri 15-Feb-13 15:06:41

It's never too early for a creme egg. DH has started bringing me one to have before I even get out of bed! blush

Good news Lor! Enjoy eating sugar again! wink

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 15-Feb-13 17:25:50

Good news lorelei

Woo got to love watching 'baby first' keeps dd amuse for hours.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 15-Feb-13 22:45:13

Eeww I feel dodgy. Bumpy is kicking or punching something probably the placenta, or maybe my intestines too right behind my belly button. It's making me feel very nauseous. envy and I haven't even had galaxy or creme eggs. Maybe the Gaviscon will help.

Librarina Sat 16-Feb-13 08:15:53

Hi Frus. Gaviscon, whilst being vile stuff, really does fix everything. I've just switched allegiances as my preferred Rennie Chewable really weren't cutting it.
I have the Dual Action in a pink bottle as I couldn't face the aniseed flavour!

Maybe some chocolate might help too... I'm a big fan of chocolate for breakfast.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 16-Feb-13 08:19:41

Rennie wasn't cutting it for me either. I do have the rank aniseed one, but I detest mint flavour even more.
Chocolate for breakfast sounds appealing.

Jojobump1986 Sat 16-Feb-13 13:28:53

I like aniseed. Never tried gaviscon though!

I'm in need of a moan. I went to bed early last night because I had a headache. DS wasn't asleep & started shouting loudly. I spent a long time shushing him & eventually he stopped long enough for me to get to sleep. He let me sleep for 20 minutes before the shouting resumed. I asked DH to stop washing up for 2 minutes & come help because I could barely lift my head up. It turns out DH had finished the washing up & was watching tv. It was half past midnight by this point & he had no logical explanation as to why he hadn't come to bed. He grudgingly agreed to take DS away & try to calm him down. They were back 30 mins later, just as I was falling asleep again, & the shouting resumed. DH got into bed & went straight to sleep leaving me up for the next hour shushing & playing soothing music on my phone. DS fell asleep just after 2 but I was awake until 5! When DH woke up he suggested we should all get up. "5 o'clock" was all he needed to hear from me to back off but I assumed he'd get on with the day as planned. No such luck. He got DS up & has now taken him shopping - we were supposed to go shopping at 10, have an early lunch & go for a nice family walk before DS's naptime. There won't be time for a walk now. This is the third weekend running where we've planned to go for a walk & every week DH oversleeps or doesn't get to bed early enough or lets me oversleep while he has fun with DS. I'm just so disappointed to be missing out on our designated 'family time'. We never get out & do something fun as a family! sad

Ok, rant over! blush

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 16-Feb-13 14:14:17

Gaviscon is rank jojo and I like aniseed. hugs for tired jojo sad

God Jojo I don't know where you found the mental strength!
Was that a particulaly bad night for ds? I'd he abit under the weather?
Id have to say dh would have been best to leave a wide birth with be the next day!

God Jojo I don't know where you found the mental strength!
Was that a particulaly bad night for ds? I'd he abit under the weather?
Id have to say dh would have been best to leave a wide birth with be the next day!

Jojobump1986 Sat 16-Feb-13 23:53:17

He let me rant, apologised repeatedly & then we did get out for a little walk! It did mean that DS's nap was a bit late & shorter than usual but we were hoping he'd settle easier tonight due to being tired. He's still awake but does gradually seem to be calming! I don't quite know what's going on with his sleep at the moment. He might be teething I suppose but Calprofen had no effect on him last night & usually it would if it was a teething thing. He's normally brilliant. As a general rule he takes a little while to settle but will sleep soundly from 10.30 until we wake him in the morning, or until 9ish if we don't disturb him. He's been a good sleeper since about 5 weeks! Can't complain really, we've had it easy up to now!
I'm trying not to get too bothered by it. We've got lots of good things happening too - DS has learnt to put his spoon in his mouth without throwing food everywhere & today he discovered that he can hold an open top cup & drink from it. He seemed to think it was hysterical! He must've drunk twice as much as usual just because of the novelty! grin

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 17-Feb-13 19:52:45

Hehe I just videoed bumpy kicking. will keep me amused for ages to come

Jojobump1986 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:01:34

I wondered about doing that but then I got scared that someone else would see it & I'm a bit self concious about my hairy big belly! blush

Good news - DS is in bed & silent & has been for at least 30 mins & it's not 2am! grin We'll probably wake him up when we go to bed & be up even later. Bad, stompy DH!

Urgh, it's really hard when the little ones don't want to cooperate and then DH doesn't want to cooperate....you feel like the only adult in the house! Glad things were patched up for you Jo.

Haha frus! I just love this part of pregnancy with wiggly babies moving around and getting to see it.

Anyone else starting to get really uncomfortable at night, my hips are starting to feel the pressure and still 14wks to go sad

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 18-Feb-13 09:10:06

I hope your ds stayed asleep jojo unfortunately my dd didnt.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 18-Feb-13 09:23:24

Ah jojo I had a vest on, so no hairy belly on show. and zoomed in on bumping area, so limited damage control wink
It is so amazing bring I had to video to prove I wasn't imagining it I love when you can finally see the kicks and movements

Yeah kitty I wake up more sore and achy than I end the day.

I have a very clingy dd today. But on the plus side she is talking more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now